Tales of Glory and Valour: the Seafarers Main RP Topic

One of the sailors looks at him with a curious expression. A mixture of shock and wonder. “I honestly don’t know. That’s never happened before”

2 Likes

“What should we do?”

3 Likes

“I have no clue” the sailor pulls out a piece of parchment, and begins to make a rough sketch of the layout. “here friend, I think this will mean more to you than to us.” He hands Mako the drawing.

2 Likes

Mako pockets the drawing. “I should get going now.” He starts heading back up deck.

3 Likes

Karl’s eyes widened, growing wider still as he saw the extent of the halls under the cottage. This was no mere castle or fortress. This was a temple, and a massive one at that.
“How… how do you have all of this… down here? It’s amazing!”
He followed Hethila, his eyes constantly wandering, staring at the glistening walls and the beautiful, though ancient, inscriptions engraved upon their surface.

3 Likes

“Welcome to the Sun Temple.” Hethila chuckled. “This is 8000 years dedicated work by our acolytes. To fully become a Sunblessed a Candidate must spend years working to improve our Temple.” She looked at a particular carving with Pride. “I spent 10 years carving that mosaic.”

She stopped talking abruptly as the door opened. The figure inside was… utterly inhuman. His wings were black, as were his eyes. Both were ran through with cracks of glowing orange light. Both give off a low level, but constant heat. They flickered and burned slowly.

When he spoke it was with a voice that seemed to resonate throughout the hall. “Hethila” he said with a nod. “This must be Karl, come in.” He turned on a heel, and entered his office. The conditions here were far more spartan. The furniture was purely functional, however the back wall had a partial carving on it. This carving seemed to depict a coronation of some sort, many important members of the Armada gathered around a throne, with a vague figure etched in it.

The man spoke again. “My name is Thalur, I am leader of the Sun Temple. We have a job for you.” He spoke quite to the point, not a word wasted.

Thalur picked up from his desk a sealed scroll. “This target is exceptionally elusive. Direct action will only lead to another failure. Hethila has spoken highly of you, I trust you won’t let me down.” He hands Karl the scroll.

The clear blue sky contains a few wandering clouds. Besides that not much has changed on the deck from the last time Mako was there.

2 Likes

Mako immediately started going to the cabins to look for Mariner.

2 Likes

The door to Mariners cabin is shut. Inside a faint scraping sound can be heard.

3 Likes

Karl swallowed. Thalur’s appearance was quite unexpected, given how Hethila looked. Also, the heat radiating from her superior made him wonder how the scroll wasn’t igniting. After a short pause, he forced himself to take the scroll, his hands shaking a little despite his best efforts to control the movement.
“I will do my best to accomplish your will,” he said, bowing to Thalur. Karl backed up slightly as he straightened, his hands now sweaty with relief.

3 Likes

Thalur nodded. “We’re embedding you on a ship. The crew will have no idea of your identity. To them you’ll be just another hired hand.” Thalur pauses. “It’s worth noting that a substantial reward awaits that crew. If you assist them in completing their mission, not only will it maintain your cover. I’ll personally see to it you get the reward from that endeavor as well.”

He takes a breath. “Your mission however is priority one. If you manage to complete this, we will keep you on as a Permanent Agent.”

3 Likes

Mako knocks on the door.

3 Likes

Inside the cabin, Mariner gives an exasperated sigh. He sets down his whetstone and stands to open the door. Ensuring his faceplate is securely shut he opens the door. “what is it.”

3 Likes

“I wanted to ask you a few questions.” Mako asked. " Unless you have more pressing matters."

3 Likes

Mariner set the point of his longsword against the deck. “Ask them quickly.”

4 Likes

“Can i ask why such a hurry?”

3 Likes

“I want to sleep. That counts as a question. You get two more.” Mariner leaned against the bulkhead.

4 Likes

“Fine. I had played cards with some of the other sailors, and this spread happened.” Mako shows Mariner the drawing.
“Apparently, in all of the sailors time playing these card games, they haven’t seen such a card spread.”

3 Likes

Mariner cocks his head to the side quizzically. “It appears the King is a focal point. The cards surrounding are players. I have never heard of an augury reading from a deck before. Strange”

3 Likes

There always have to be half truths and blabbering banter, isn’t there?
“And for my final question. Who really are you?” Mako asked.

3 Likes

Mariner blinked slowly. “What exactly is that supposed to mean? I am Mariner. Mariner is me.” He seemed to be getting slightly angry. Unconsciously he spread his feet as the boat began rocking. Waves pushing the ship into a gentle roll

“How exactly do you want me to answer? Do you want me to tell you I’m a warrior? A killer? A traitor?” There was no mistaking it, Mariner was angry. “You come to me with asinine questions, and you expect me to reveal everything about myself to you? Who do you think you are?” Mariner stands up straight. He looks down at his longsword, fist clenched about the handle. Instead however he slams the door in Mako’s face.

4 Likes