Tales of Glory and Valour: the Seafarers Main RP Topic

“Can i ask why such a hurry?”

3 Likes

“I want to sleep. That counts as a question. You get two more.” Mariner leaned against the bulkhead.

4 Likes

“Fine. I had played cards with some of the other sailors, and this spread happened.” Mako shows Mariner the drawing.
“Apparently, in all of the sailors time playing these card games, they haven’t seen such a card spread.”

3 Likes

Mariner cocks his head to the side quizzically. “It appears the King is a focal point. The cards surrounding are players. I have never heard of an augury reading from a deck before. Strange”

3 Likes

There always have to be half truths and blabbering banter, isn’t there?
“And for my final question. Who really are you?” Mako asked.

3 Likes

Mariner blinked slowly. “What exactly is that supposed to mean? I am Mariner. Mariner is me.” He seemed to be getting slightly angry. Unconsciously he spread his feet as the boat began rocking. Waves pushing the ship into a gentle roll

“How exactly do you want me to answer? Do you want me to tell you I’m a warrior? A killer? A traitor?” There was no mistaking it, Mariner was angry. “You come to me with asinine questions, and you expect me to reveal everything about myself to you? Who do you think you are?” Mariner stands up straight. He looks down at his longsword, fist clenched about the handle. Instead however he slams the door in Mako’s face.

4 Likes

“No one.” Mako said. Returning to his cabin, and starting to pray again.

4 Likes

Tharos walked back to his cabin. On the way he had to pause and adjust his gait, due to an increase in ship roll. “Odd, that came out of nowhere” he muttered. Tharos stepped into his cabin and almost immediately collapsed on his rack.

Mariner sat on his rack attempting to calm down. You’re better than this. You can’t lose control of yourself like that. He thought to himself. Opening his face plate, Mariner took a large bite of some hardtack. At least the food is good

The ship sailed onward through the night. After the slight waves had abated, the sailing was mostly smooth. The ship made an impressive pace, and as the sun came up the surrounding environment was completely changed.

At the stern of the boat, eyes fixed on an island in the distance, was Mariner. He stood with his hands together on the handle of his sword, point into the deck. Gaze unbroken.

4 Likes

With no indication of emotion from Alexis, Dolphus had returned to his cabin and spent a tumultuous night. At first he had tried to sleep, but thoughts of the meeting and its flawed execution came back to haunt him. The usual bouts with regret over having ever come, but then he wouldn’t have found her, she deserves better than to have him give up, how could he not give up if he didn’t have a spine, the typical back-and-forth fluff.

Then, exhaustion had gripped its strong hand around his eyes, and Dolphus plummeted into the tumultuous dream referenced above. Every attempt at sleep beyond that point was met with dreams either more startling or more insulting to his intelligence - mostly the latter - so by the time the first streaks of blue were beginning to color the sky he was on deck, mostly standing about in a tired daze.

Only after the fifth honored dead had coughed loudly to get him to move so a large, fully-corporeal object could be carried from one location to another did Dolphus realize he was kind of in the way of the goings-on wherever he stood, so he nestled down in the corner and mouthed portions of literature he had bothered to remember in order to pass the time.

Dolphus wasn’t quite sure when Mariner had arrived to take his post. His eyes closed at one point, and he hadn’t dared actually sleep lest his overactive imagination take hold, but the golden glow of the morning hours broke upon a Dolphus with eyes so soundly shut an assumption that he was fast asleep would not be far from the truth.

4 Likes

Mako walked onto the deck,his legs thumping like stones upon water, with massive bags under his eyes, and his hands shaking. “Nightmare.” Mako said quietly, sitting down near the edge of the deck.

Mako turned to Dolphus. “You had a nightmare too?”

3 Likes

A very slight murmur of a reply came from the small form of Dolphus, with his knees drawn up to his chest and his head leaning against the side. His finger twitched as he subconsciously turned the page of a book in his mind, still actively recalling literary portions he was forced to memorize.

4 Likes

Tharos walked up onto the deck, stretching. He looked around for other crew members. As he saw Mako he walked over. “Hello, are you all right?”

3 Likes

“No. I feel like i’ve been half drowned, dredged back up, had the water in my lungs sucked out, a thousand jellyfish stung me, and hit on the head with a wooden plank. Which is ironic, because each of those things actually happened to me.”

4 Likes

Tharos honestly had no idea what to say. “Well.” He paused. “At least you’re not dead I guess.” He sat down beside Mako. Idly he moved his fingers around, letting fire dance across them.

4 Likes

“Is that magic, or you just able to vent heat, or what?” Mako asked curiously.

3 Likes

“Magic. It’s an exercise to help build your stamina.”

Tharos looked at his hand, he concentrated. The fire seemed to gather in a vaguely serpentine shape. It slithered through his fingers.

3 Likes

“Fire magic, eh? Well, I’m only able to do water.”
Mako drops onto the water below, before starting to walk on it. “My tribe pretty much only used this to help get around, because if I’m being honest, it’s hard trying to get to places, when you live on a tiny island.”

4 Likes

Tharos stares in open mouthed shock. Not because Mako was walking on water, but because he dropped down there with no discernible way back up. “uh Mako, I hope you can make waves.” He called down, as the ship steadily began to move away from Mako.

3 Likes

“Just gimme a sec.” Mako ran over to the side, before using the water to give him a boost upwards, and grabbing the side of the boat. “ A little help?”

3 Likes

Tharos ran over, and grabbed his arm. With the help of some ghost sailors, they hauled Mako aboard.

3 Likes