Tales of Glory and Valour: the Seafarers Main RP Topic

“Hello. I am looking for standard supplies for fishing.”

2 Likes

“Well you’re in the right place, what kind?” The shopkeeper smiles.

1 Like

“Spears, fishing poles. Small bait and tackle. The basics of a expedition travel.”

2 Likes

“ahh, angling and Spear fishing I see!” He smiles wider, “Well I have a selection of fine rods over there, feel free to browse. I’ll grab an assortment of Rigs and Lures” he also reached behind the counter, and retrieves 3 slender spears. “If you’re not familiar with this design I’d grab some practice first, it’s quite a bit Springer than your standard design, helps stun the fish a bit, just in case you don’t get em in one” he collects all the items and sets them on his counter. He does a quick tally, “48 Ember, (Silver coins) plus the rod of course”

2 Likes

“Very well.” Mako hands the coins over.

“alright, the Rod for another day?” The Shopkeeper asks with a polite smile

“Oh. How much for the rod?”

“Hmmm, well the black one is 130, the Red, 150, and the green, welllll it’s 1000.” He seems hesitant to even offer the last one, knowing it’s more than most people have. Or would ever have.

“Then I’ll take the black one…”

Alexis stared emptily at her knife, focusing solely on the conversation between Rook and their priest Hoping to learn anything about why he had been glaring at her earlier. surely it was the military cape.

surely it wasn’t jealousy.

Surely it wasn’t something so…

so childish

Oh…OH it all made sense, at least from what Mariner had told her. so it was jealousy, she sheathed her knife and continued on her way to the helm. although it could be a mix of the two. She gave a wave to one of the ghost crew. In his eyes some Pompous-Military-Caelin had swept in and stolen a job he was much more accustomed to.

But that was the thing, wasn’t it? You’re not the captain, You’re the Helmsman and your position as Caelin is questionable at best

She stopped short, the words of Mariner repeating in her mind, Functionally. She had authority on this ship, second only to the captain.

4 Likes

Maybe there is hope after all, then.

Nico walked slowly down the length of the room, examining the weapons with a careful eye as he went. He hefted a sword, sighted down its length wistfully. In his line of work, or maybe his set of skills, something as elegant as a sword had never been something to learn. He’d learned and been tought to fight fast and dirty. Knife and club were all he needed.

He wished he had had someone to teach him, now.

He replaced the weapon, and turned back the way he had come. It was probably time to examine the crew’s quarters. He passed back through the ammo room, up the ladder and through the oar deck, and into the crew’s berthing.

5 Likes

At the very moment Dolphus decided he would fight back his tears no longer, something startled him out of his plight. That something was Nico’s head popping up from the ladder in front of him, with presumably the rest of his body immediately following.

For Nico, the first sight he would see as he returned from the lower decks to the crew deck was Dolphus, huddled on the floor next to the stairs, the light reflecting off the water in his eyes. His face was perfectly mortified at Nico’s sudden appearance, and his hand had frozen halfway to his sword.

There was no verbal response. In perfect frankness, Dolphus was hoping Nico would apologize and then go away so he could go back to almost crying in relative peace.

3 Likes

“The Black one aye, that’ll be 130 additional”

The Sailor waved back, a bit unsure of themselves.

A Ghost Sailor comes down the stairs at this moment. Looking back and forth between the two. The sailor turns on their heel and walks back up the stairs.

1 Like

"Can we get rid of the spears then?

1 Like

“Alright that’ll be 90 ember extra”

1 Like

“Wait…i said I don’t want the spears.”

1 Like

“Yes, so 90 on top of the 48 you already paid. Price went down. Make sense?” The Shopkeeper explains this patiently, math could be hard sometimes after all.

1 Like

“Very well then. Thank you.” Mako hands over the coins.

1 Like

“Pleasure doing business with you” the Shopkeeper says taking the coins. As the transaction takes place the bell at the door rings. A Large armoured figure enters keeping his head low. Carefully avoiding eye contact. He walks up to the counter, still staring at the floor. “Yes, I’d like 300 000 pounds of live chum”

The Shopkeeper sighs, “You again? It’s in the back, gimme the 150 000, and get your buddies to haul it to the sea”

“Much obliged, I’ll be back next week” the figure makes an odd clicking noise. As he deposits a large clinking bag of coins on the counter. He shoots a click glance at Mako, who might have seen the outline of Mandibles where his mouth should have been. If he were looking.

2 Likes

“Hello.” Mako said.

1 Like