Tarix Revamp

Tarix Revamp
by Mohamed Marei, on Flickr

Tarix Revamp

Tarix Revamp

My favourite Glatorian reimagined more prominently as a gladiator, with some asymmetry throughout. Wanted to keep the clever horns used on the shoulder armour on one side, which necessitated that the arms be different. Finished this right after my unceremonious crash-out of R1 of the 2019 BioCup :frowning2: So I finished this and got to posting it soon after. While I am overall happy with how it turned out I think it could have been a whole lot better in some aspects. But if I spend forever chasing perfection, I will never attain it :smile:

Want to hear your thougths on this!

38 Likes

Nice revamp! I love that trident! My only problem with the MOC is probably the waist, but the rest looks great!

I love the use of Ben 10 parts!

I love those shoulder pads and that trident design is incredible… I may steal it for a project.

This is really great. Really has a royal feel

Oooh, I really don’t know how I feel about that torso piece. It’s just so stupidly huge that it kind of makes the rest of the proportions, particularly the legs and waist, feel kinda wack. The legs also just feel too far apart, though that might be that massive crotch guard throwing me off. I appreciate the inclusion of Ben 10 parts though, even if they are… iffy.

Looks really solid from the waist up though, especially the horns on the shoulder. As a fellow Tarix fan I definitely appreciate this :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@TheMightyObsidianDude Your criticism of the waist is actually pretty valid, if not quite spot-on ngl. I will look into fixing a future version, or potentially mirror the same concepts onto a different character with an updated color scheme. Shouldn’t be too difficult. Don’t necessarily see your point about the torso piece tho, and this was mainly a self-imposed restriction which I wanted to work into the build,

Thanks for saying something useful though!

@Kardax steal away XD

@SonicBionicleMaster glad you like it! Glad the royal feel was successfully conveyed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad you made this great moc!