Tautology Oxymoron

It’s pretty fun to think of Oxymoron’s and I enjoy seeing them so I decided to make this topic.
I don’t know if this is the best idea for a topic but I guess it could be a replacement for the Nonsense Topic? (By the way can someone move this to other for some reason it won’t let me upload it their…)

3 Likes

Actually, moving topics to the other category doesn’t work for some reason.

A mod can delete this topic and remake it in the other category, but then it doesn’t show you as the topic creator.

~I am not who I am~

2 Likes

This sentence is false.
The above sentence is true.
The above sentence is false.

2 Likes

No; the first sentence needs to say, “The third sentence is false.” Or something like that.

Mind = Blown

1 Like

If a man who never told the truth once in his life said “everything I ever say is a lie.” would it be true or false?

Think about that for a while.

2 Likes

I uh, I don’t think any of these are oxymorons, or tautology, just paradoxes (Which are cool too).

An oxymoron is something like bitter sweet, little big, jumbo shrimp, speedy snail. Those are oxymorons.

I’m sorry… I ruin things…

3 Likes

Is mayonaise an oxymoron?

2 Likes

An oxymoron is like evaporated milk.

I’ve never had it. Evaporated milk, that is.

Dehydrated water?

4 Likes

Working Congress?

Since pro- is the opposite of con-, then progress is the opposite of Congress.

6 Likes

The following is a Oxymoron: “Same difference.”

1 Like

4 - 7 = -3

-6 - -3 = -3

Same difference

HA

6 Likes

Nice mathing. 8/8 would r8 again.

This is what I mean.
One famous oxymoron is the phrase “the same difference.” This phrase qualifies as an oxymoron because the words “same” and “difference” have completely opposite meanings.

Source: Examples of Oxymorons | YourDictionary

1 Like

Switching gears from mathing to languaging. “Difference” is a noun, (The Indirect Object or something?) that means a distinction between two things. “Same” is a descriptor of sorts that indicates that the things that it is comparing are alike. “The same difference”, in context, is that the two examples have distinctions, and those distinctions happen to be the same.

Hrm. Maybe when I’m bored I’ll break down that entire list and see which examples are actual oxymorons and what are misuses of certain words. Or maybe I’m missing something.

2 Likes

If the 2 words cancel each other out, it’s an oxymoron. You’re missing something.

I can understand that with stuff like “hot ice” or “wet fire”, but some oxymorons have different meanings than could first be expected… dry ice comes to mind.

1 Like

Dry ice is CO2 in it’s solid form.

Besides, I don’t think they are meant to mean something.

This topic makes me clearly confused.

3 Likes