The 25 Days of TTVmas

Well, it’s that time of year again. Holiday cheer, boughs of holly, hot chocolate, spending time with your family, all that jazz.

So my good pal @John_Smith and I would like to introduce you to…

#THE 25 DAYS OF TTVMAS!
(also known properly as Advent. In fact, this whole contest should really be called TT(ad)V(ent) but noooo, it had to be TTVmas. --Jogn)

That’s right, we’re having a countdown to Christmas right here on the TTV Message Boards! What’s that? You don’t celebrate Christmas?

well i guess that’s cool

In all seriousness, the 25 Days of TTVmas is going to be a Boards-wide scavenger hunt. Every day, starting the 30th of November, Jogn and I will hide a message in one of our old posts. This message will be a cryptic clue to help you find the next one. Once you think you’ve found the clue, PM it to me and Jogn, and we’ll keep track of things. The first person to PM us the last clue on December 24 will win the golden prize!

What is this golden prize?

#YOUR VERY OWN CUSTOM TITLE!
That’s right, you too can be like a Staff Member and have a swanky message!
(Please note that you will be unable to change this Title until another contest where this prize is offered occurs. Also note that your title cannot include the suffix “Mod Squad” or anything related to that.)

Edit - I guess Second Place get’s to choose my title for a week. woo - slime

There are just a few rules to follow:

1) Don’t post the answers publically. Obviously we can’t catch anything outside of the Boards, but if we catch you spreading the answers around, you will be disqualified.

2) You can join in at any time. Just because you aren’t seeing this until the 15th doesn’t mean you can’t join in on the fun! But, leading into the next rule,

3) You MUST PM us the clues in order. Regardless of how you discover each clue, you have to start from the first one, and send us the rest from there. You don’t have to put each clue in a separate post, but just make sure to order them right. If you don’t, you will be unable to win the Golden Prize. This is mainly so we can keep track of people and make sure they’re actually following the clues. And speaking of PMs,

4) Please PM both John and I. It’s going to be a bit difficult to keep track of people, so it would be a huge help if you add both John and I to your PMs. If you don’t know how to do this, just press John’s/My avatar, press the blue “Message” button, then add the other one of us in the “Add a User” bar at the top.

I think that’s about all the rules for today. I’ll post a sample so you get a good idea of what’s to come. Your clue is…

wTo ocbmso fo TVT emmebsr

Once you find it, feel free to post it here or whatever since it’s a tutorial.

#The first official clue:

A trend long forgotten, a game well remembered, Kittens are my favorite.

16 Likes

Oh boy! I want my very own title!

7 Likes

*Staff are not eligible for winning because we already have Custom Titles

#THAT MEANS YOU JOGN

8 Likes

You’re a party pooper. ):<

3 Likes

Unscrambled it says “what a beautiful duwang”

10 Likes

I think I came close,

“Two combos of TTV meemsbr”

I can’t quite figure out the last word.

3 Likes

Last word is members

2 Likes

if we already found it using the clue do we pm you already or post it here

1 Like

It’s just a tutorial so it doesn’t count as anything

2 Likes

Here’s the answer:

“Political Slime is rood.”

5 Likes

I just figured that out, but I thought Slurm was using a code pattern rather than just scrambling words.

Guess not.

1 Like

You can go ahead and post it here since it’s a tutorial and doesn’t count for anything. :slight_smile:

ftfy

lol i’m not that smart

3 Likes

Two combos of TTV members
And now we wait…

dang it

this one is two combos of ttv members

:frowning: :cry::confused::ok_hand:.

I’mma totally win this /s :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Oh, dang, I suck at word scrambles, but I do want a custom title…

1 Like

Just a reminder guys, this word scramble is a hint to find the message, so you gotta search around the Boards to find it! :slight_smile:

Here’s the thing, and it must have just been dumb luck. You-

Oh.

OH.

You DID use a pattern you son of a gun. You just reversed it for the last two (or three) words.

3 Likes

By posts I mean pretty much anything. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So we PM you the ‘clue’ and you give us a clue to the next clue?
oml my brian