The Arena (signups)

Forum RPs like the one here work on a play-by-post system. You’ll basically describe the actions of your character in a post and others will respond to your post containing the actions of your character with their own posts containing actions of their characters. It’s a lot simpler than it may sound and is pretty easy to pick up on once things get going

3 Likes

That’s kind of why I’m crippling people who have absurd powers like this. Ability to play the character should determine victory, not shallow autohits and poor GMing. If you can play smartly, verbosely, and above all else fairly, you will most certainly come out on top.[quote=“Diero, post:14, topic:50648”]
Because we are scaled down here, I’ll say his speed is 40 miles per hour and that he can crush cinderblocks. Or, I could say that he is reasonably strong for a person of his size and replace super strength with martial arts skills.
[/quote]

Both options are more reasonable, I imagine. Seeing as there’s likely going to be at least one metal machine in here eventually, you might want to opt for strength over prowess as pressure points will do squat against an autobot.[quote=“Diero, post:14, topic:50648”]
Also, what does :gregf: mean?
[/quote]

You’ll have to ask Greg, he’s been doing it for all his life so he’d probably know maybe[quote=“ProfSrlojohn, post:15, topic:50648”]
Imagine if I’d included Gatecrasher’s A-10 Thunderbolt alt-mode. Then he’d REALLY be OP.
[/quote]

Imagine if I included Superman. You’d all be SO dead.

The point is not to have the biggest gun or to punch the hardest. The point is to know how to fight.[quote=“Runa, post:16, topic:50648”]
Say I have a melee weapon. And it is also a gun. Would that count as one ability or two?
[/quote]

Depends on the gun. Is it a one-shot reload like most historical gun-swords? or a multi-shot? are they bullets or darts? if a dart, is it some sort of sleeping agent or hallucinogenic?[quote=“TBT_Emerald, post:18, topic:50648, full:true”]
So just going to check with specifics first. Ong guy I made had an item that gave a different power for each constellation, but only one at a time. Libra would give armor, Touros would give super strength, etc. Too powerful for this?
[/quote]

That sounds like a super wack ability, but I’d have to see the details. It would definitely count for two, maybe three.[quote=“Krelikan, post:19, topic:50648, full:true”]
I might be interested in this but I have not done any before. If someone could give me a rundown of how it all works it would be appreciated.
[/quote]

Can you write a story? What a site RP does is essentially writes a massive story. In this particular one, you’re being tasked with keeping consistent to your character and fighting smartly to survive.

Also, what Omega_Tahu just said.[quote=“Jcton, post:20, topic:50648”]
The Liika Quartz can compact or expand a substance / material within its physical limits. Such things like stone and concrete shatter if they are compacted or expanded beyond their limits.
[/quote]

Whoa whoa whoa, hang on. Does the crystal work without the gun being fired? Can it malform living tissue? Don’t modify your answer in an attempt to appease me; I want to know how this weapon operates.[quote=“Jcton, post:20, topic:50648”]
Adian is from a world known as Pelda and is one of the soldiers of from a land known as Poran.
[/quote]

Does he speak in words of five letters or less[quote=“Jcton, post:20, topic:50648”]
A design of a simple Liika Musket
[/quote]

This could be a game changer for normal man with a gun, but I won’t say anything until some of these questions are answered.

So the actual thing will be happening in this topic correct?

There’ll be a different topic for the actual game; this topic is reserved for character profiles and discussion of the game Out Of Character.

It was planned to be multi-shot, though not automatic, more along semi-automatic.
…it’s like a RWBY weapon. If we need to, I can tone down the power of the “gun” to be more like a kinetic energy blaster-thingy if need be, though.

Basically the only Liika crystal only effects what it physically is in contact with. Example, if a Liika Quartz is used as a weapon and is stabbed into an enemy, it can only use it’s property if the controller is holding the crystal. So, if I stab a watermelon with it, then I can use the crystal to expand or compact the melon, of course expanding and/or compacting will use energy from the crystal. On pelda they’re kinda used like ammo clips, which is why the crystals are usually cut in a taper.

The crystal itself works without the gun, but it needs physical contact with its target. Technically speaking it can be used to malform tissue.

Also the gun is functionally a normal musket without the crystal, albeit probably a little weaker due to the design being focused around the Liika Quartz.

maybe

Quoting my some of my post to mainly show that I’m only rewording stuff.

Kinda like a fire there’s a few main parts when it comes to the “magic” all parts must be in contact with the crystal to work, the controller, the crystal, and the target. Also the crystal only holds so much energy and would need to be replaced after a while.

That also being said this means that the crystal holds only a certain amount of energy and it uses that energy when the magic happens. So I doubt it could cause most matter to break apart from expanding it to the crystal’s limits.

Alright, thank you.

Oh I get that. You’d be surprised how rarely he actually uses his cannons and missles. Usually he’s in too close a quarters to use them without blowing himself up. Normally, he doesn’t open with them. More often than not, he dodges and roll and maneuvers until he can use them as a finisher, but doing that is hard, so he spends most of his time fighting hand-to-hand.

But like I said, I’ll switch him out for Juliana.

Just realized that this would be a more special case ordeal. In most cases the crystal would try to either compact or expand the entire being.

name: Juliana (Jewel-E-ana)

Species: Transformers, a neutral in particular.

Appearance: In robot mode,

somewhere between Nautica,

and Windblade.

Height… about a foot shorter than Gatecrasher so, 9ft.

alt-mode: a Bugatti Atalante

Ability 1: Alt-mode.

ability 2 made of living metal, if that counts as an ability.

Ability 3: She has a small blade, almost like wakizashi, but with a European style blade.

Bio: Juliana was created by Human named Craig Philips {for the record, mostly random name}. Craig loved his car, He waxed her every week, made weekly tune-ups, and kept her running like a dream. Only if she could talk back. This gave Craig an Idea, over several years, he manged to change his beloved Juliana into a transforming robot, but she had no life, no spark that would make Juliana into a living thing being. So he traveled to Cybertron. He smuggled Juliana onto a cargo ship and they both rode it to the planet. He than snuck into the Autobot city and stole a protoform. He made his way out of the facility and found an abandoned building in a deserted part of the planet. He spent almost a week installing the protoform into her frame. Then she moved. She came to life, just like he dreamed. She was beautiful, and he told her so. “Oh, your just saying that.” she responded. She was a shrinking violet, just like he envisioned. Craig and Juliana went back to earth.

They spent a good 20 years together on earth until Craig passed away, as all living things do in the end. she then decided to join the Salvation. She now works as an entertainer at Antillian Sunrise.

Personality: Very charming, and extremely attractive by transformer standards, but extremely shy and reserved. She hates to fight, and will always try to talk her way out of a fight, and because of her natural charm, (even though she is unaware of it), it often works. Think Olivia from Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Alright then, here’s Juliana. I cut out her built-in Gatling guns, because I’m not sure whether being made of metal is an ability. Her Gatling guns though, would have been static, so she couldn’t aim them without driving, and are only available in alt-mode. She also only just got them, so she still hasn’t quite figured them out, and like GC’s A-10 mode, they were not part of her original form.

A proper gun is fine, but when you say an rwby weapon, you’re broadening the list to a lot of absurd content. I’ll need some specific reference.[quote=“Jcton, post:26, topic:50648”]
Basically the only Liika crystal only effects what it physically is in contact with. Example, if a Liika Quartz is used as a weapon and is stabbed into an enemy, it can only use it’s property if the controller is holding the crystal. So, if I stab a watermelon with it, then I can use the crystal to expand or compact the melon, of course expanding and/or compacting will use energy from the crystal. On pelda they’re kinda used like ammo clips, which is why the crystals are usually cut in a taper.
[/quote]

So you’d be using the crystals as ammunition, correct? can they still malform matter after they’ve been fired, or does he need to run over to the bullet and touch it?[quote=“Jcton, post:26, topic:50648”]
So I doubt it could cause most matter to break apart from expanding it to the crystal’s limits.
[/quote]

Then… What’s the point of having it? If it can’t do the one thing it’s designed to do, what it has this gigantic elaborate backstory to support… Why bother?[quote=“Jcton, post:29, topic:50648”]
Just realized that this would be a more special case ordeal. In most cases the crystal would try to either compact or expand the entire being.
[/quote]

My point behind this is suddenly you have a character that can realistically stand his ground against a transformer. If it works the way I’m understanding, one shot from this could rip gigantic sections of an autobot’s body off.[quote=“ProfSrlojohn, post:30, topic:50648”]
made of living metal, if that counts as an ability.
[/quote]

Alt mode’s gonna need two slots, I would say. She’s already a nine foot tall robot of a species known for their durability.

When the alt-mode is a car?

And she has no natural weapons otherwise?

Then the living metal isn’t ability then, because that’s what gives them their durability. It’s what TF’s are made of.

Also,[quote=“ProfSrlojohn, post:30, topic:50648”]
because I’m not sure whether being made of metal is an ability.
[/quote]

I would say being made of metal, a substance that is normally rather hard to attack with conventional methods to be an extra boost in the defense category, and I’ve decided to not count it as an ability. And yes, I consider the ability to radically alter your physical structure into a new form (one that’s particularly good for buddying up or getting the heck out of dodge) to be an ability worth two slots.[quote=“ProfSrlojohn, post:32, topic:50648”]
It’s what TF’s are made of.
[/quote]

Living or otherwise, it’s metal. I don’t think many people are capable of punching through a car door.

It’ll be easier for me to post the entire weapon concept, so I’ll do that once I get home later today.

1 Like

Ok, the signup sheet has been edited.

1 Like

That’s what I’m saying, if the alt-mode takes up 2 spots, she looses that.

Living metal is not as strong as you think. If you are only using the movies as reference though, (if you aren’t I apologize), generally TF’s are not near as strong or resilient as they are depicted there. Living metal is a bit weaker than say, steel. It’s advantage is that it heals, something that isn’t as much of an advantage here.

To where? it’s an arena, there isn’t much space.

In that case, we’re good. I’ll admit, that metal is an advantage, but no more than a suit of armor, and there are weak points, in areas you would expect. The face, the joints, etc.

Name: Krelikan

Species: Human

Appearance: Five feet ten inches in height. A lean build. Brown hair covered by a baseball hat with a metal bill that can fold down to double as a face mask. Wears a black trench coat esque jacket with a navy blue ■■■■■ and grey pants. Also outfitted with lower arm and leg armor with a large wave like ““spike”” design. There is also a chest plate that covers the upper torso.

Power 1: European sword with prongs that share design with the arm and leg armor on the crossguard

Power 2: Various potions and such made by alchemists

Power 3: The overall outfit is built with protection in mind. The cloth pieces are partially heat resistant as well as being similar to leather in durability. The metal pieces are extremely tough and will easily stand up to a blade strike.

Name: Sylus

Species: Humanoid Alien

Appearance: Sylus belongs to a humanoid species originating from a world caught in perpetual darkness. As such their eyes have adapted a powerful night vision and a majority of them are albino, never having a reason to adapt any protection from the sun. Sylus himself wears a full body suit with scattered pieces of armor and a heavily tinted full face visor.

Ability 1: Armor suit. Variably tinted visor to protect Sylus’ eyes, a HUD that links to his weapons and provides aiming reticles, environmental protection system, and light armor

Ability 2: Energy rifle. Packs a bit of a punch, each cartridge contains energy for 12 shots. Sylus carries 4 additional cartridges on his person.

Ability 3: Energy blade. Unfold-able metal blade that has a energized border. Similar in size to a one handed sword.

?

I don’t see how he could stand up to a cybertronian.
It’s just a 19th century soldier with a gimmicky crystal and better musket, tho probably not on par with Today’s weaponry. He also has a saber.[quote=“Ghid, post:31, topic:50648”]
So you’d be using the crystals as ammunition, correct? can they still malform matter after they’ve been fired, or does he need to run over to the bullet and touch it?
[/quote]

No, it fires lead pellets, like a normal musket. The crystal in the gun only increases the firepower, so it’s a stronger musket.

It’s primarily used for making bigger or compact items, not necessarily for destruction, although that is possible with enough energy. For example it could be used in forging to make swords more compact and like half the thickness, while still being as strong as before. That is huge in it’s own right as it increases the cutting power of the sword.

That, depends on the power level of the other characters. So I guess i’ll just have to wait and see.