The Arena (signups)

Here’s the idea for the weapon:

Her weapon seems at first glance to be a belt. This belt just so happens to actually be a rail, along which two devices could freely slide, or be locked in place if she so chose. One of these is the reel on which her main weapon, her grappling hook, is connected, with a long cord, with the head of the weapon usually resting on a sheath on her leg. Meanwhile, the other is a gun, which can either shoot rapid fire weak shots, or stronger, shotgun-like shots, and has the ability to swivel on an axis perpendicular to the belt as long as travel along the rail.

Or at least, that was the original idea. I’m open to changing it some if need be.

Try punching a block of steel, tell me when you get a hole through it.[quote=“ProfSrlojohn, post:36, topic:50648”]
Living metal is a bit weaker than say, steel.
[/quote]

What

From what I know about transformers that seems very incorrect. If that was the case how come they can slug each other? if their metal was that weak, they’d rip each other to shreds just by simple melee attacks. Which actually happens a lot in the movies, which I was also not using as reference.[quote=“ProfSrlojohn, post:36, topic:50648”]
To where? it’s an arena, there isn’t much space.
[/quote]

I didn’t think the internet was that old when that was a thing…[quote=“ProfSrlojohn, post:36, topic:50648”]
In that case, we’re good.
[/quote]

Well, uh, please edit your signup.

Approved. Watch yourself though, I expect reasonable usage of his powers, not zipping about the map slugging everybody.[quote=“Krelikan, post:37, topic:50648”]
Power 1: European sword with prongs that share design with the arm and leg armor on the crossguard

Power 2: Various potions and such made by alchemists

Power 3: The overall outfit is built with protection in mind. The cloth pieces are partially heat resistant as well as being similar to leather in durability. The metal pieces are extremely tough and will easily stand up to a blade strike.
[/quote]

If this is the character you want to be, I’m not going to stop you, but just keep in mind I approved the existence of a man who can move at 40 MPH and will most likely be able to beat your character into a bloodied pulp.

Also, I really need specification on Power 2. That’s rather general and nonspecific.[quote=“Omega_Tahu, post:38, topic:50648”]
Variably tinted visor to protect Sylus’ eyes
[/quote]

Hmm, break Sylus’ visor in a well-lit environment and you may be at a disadvantage. I like it.[quote=“Omega_Tahu, post:38, topic:50648”]
Energy rifle. Packs a bit of a punch, each cartridge contains energy for 12 shots. Sylus carries 4 additional cartridges on his person.
[/quote]

I’m going to assume this is something equivalent to getting cracked across the jaw with each shot, and that these are not normal bullets.[quote=“Omega_Tahu, post:38, topic:50648”]
Energy blade. Unfold-able metal blade that has a energized border. Similar in size to a one handed sword.
[/quote]

This border does… Additional style points? Nasty burns?[quote=“Jcton, post:39, topic:50648”]
It’s primarily used for making bigger or compact items, not necessarily for destruction, although that is possible with enough energy. For example it could be used in forging to make swords more compact and like half the thickness, while still being as strong as before. That is huge in it’s own right as it increases the cutting power of the sword.
[/quote]

So… Why the heck is it attached to the musket? using it as a melee weapon is ridiculously impractical as it appears to be about the size of a baby spoon. If it barely affects the ammunition… And the only practical application it has is removing it and using it as a weapon… Why is it even there?

There’s no way you’re gonna pull out a blacksmithing station in the middle of combat and whip yourself up a dagger. I’m really gonna need some strong reason to not deny this character; it’s just getting ridiculous.[quote=“Mctoran, post:40, topic:50648”]
That, depends on the power level of the other characters. So I guess i’ll just have to wait and see.
[/quote]

You can include a Makuta if said Makuta has three major abilities and nothing else. Likewise, you can also include a human with three major abilities, and you can come up with some dumb contrived reason for why your totally normal man can shoot lasers from his palms and karate chop so violently it creates flames. When I say the point of origin doesn’t matter I mean it doesn’t matter.[quote=“Runa, post:41, topic:50648”]
Her weapon seems at first glance to be a belt. This belt just so happens to actually be a rail, along which two devices could freely slide, or be locked in place if she so chose. One of these is the reel on which her main weapon, her grappling hook, is connected, with a long cord, with the head of the weapon usually resting on a sheath on her leg. Meanwhile, the other is a gun, which can either shoot rapid fire weak shots, or stronger, shotgun-like shots, and has the ability to swivel on an axis perpendicular to the belt as long as travel along the rail.
[/quote]

The grappling hook is fine, but I’m worried the shotgun is going to wipe out most normal characters. Then again, you also have a DBZ guy running about and possibly also a transformer. I would consider the gun and the grappling hook two abilities, though.

Alright, not a problem then.

I might work on that character soon then. Or use another one, I’m not sure yet.

1 Like

Yeah, not a lot of piercing power but with a fair amount of force behind each shot. It’s not a great analogy, but it’s like getting hit by a baseball instead of being shot with a bullet.

Yeah, probably nasty burns. I was thinking something like a lightsaber but not nearly as capable of slicing through everything and anything as the capabilities of actual lightsabers are a bit absurd.

1 Like

Approved.

I’m confused on why you’re confused?

it’s in the weapon to expand the explosion of the gunpowder and increase the firepower of the musket as a standard feature. I only included as a separate power because on its own it does have its own magic to it.[quote=“Ghid, post:42, topic:50648”]
There’s no way you’re gonna pull out a blacksmithing station in the middle of combat and whip yourself up a dagger. I’m really gonna need some strong reason to not deny this character; it’s just getting ridiculous.
[/quote]
Yeah you misunderstood me big time I was going over some of the uses for the material in his world to give a bigger picture, no way in heck would it be practical for anyone to make a blacksmithing station in any arena, hence example.

Clarification.

Crystal in gun makes gun shoot better by making the force of the explosion greater. However, it is not as powerful as the modern rifle.

Crystal out of the gun can only expand or compact what material they touch within reason. (not much reason to take it out of the gun in first place)

I guess I’m also confused on how this character is “ridiculous”

In that case would it be alright to alter my species to some insectoid creature with a human form? This way I could have an exoskeleton.

Specification as in what kind of potions or…?

I wasn’t thinking about punching. I just meant even a low caliber bullet, or a bladed weapon could puncture it without significant damage to the blade.

When both are made of living metal, then it makes no difference.

I am most confused, what are you referencing?

Will do, when I get off mobile.

1 Like

Then why? why not just have a new character with a more powerful gun than include all of this nonsense?[quote=“Jcton, post:46, topic:50648”]
Clarification.

Crystal in gun makes gun shoot better by making the force of the explosion greater. However, it is not as powerful as the modern rifle.

Crystal out of the gun can only expand or compact what material they touch within reason. (not much reason to take it out of the gun in first place)
[/quote]

Let me tell you something. Your character is going to get bodied hard by everything else here. But if the crystal barely affects the musket - which I’m going to assume is a musket, requiring gunpowder compression in between each shot - why the heck is it even there at all when a far simpler explanation or gimmick would have been completely acceptable?[quote=“Jcton, post:46, topic:50648”]
I guess I’m also confused on how this character is “ridiculous”
[/quote]

Because of the massive amount of detailed information and baggage for something which you yourself specified doesn’t matter.

Adian Locke is Not Approved.[quote=“Krelikan, post:47, topic:50648”]
In that case would it be alright to alter my species to some insectoid creature with a human form? This way I could have an exoskeleton.
[/quote]

Play as whatever you want to play as. Although, while I hope this will be a good RP for the basics of combat, you should probably end up joining another RP before long for a taste of the usual format. I recommend Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga.[quote=“Krelikan, post:47, topic:50648”]
Specification as in what kind of potions or…?
[/quote]

Yes. Basically, if you say “potions”, that could range from a whole number of things. I need to know how many and what they are specifically.

If there’s too many differing powers however, I’ll have to separate them as individual abilities.

I’ll have to use this one as a gauge then to see how much I enjoy this kind of thing.

In order to stay within a one power slot boundary, how about three fairly similar potions each with about five in stock? The potions would probably be an electrical potion, a combustible potion, and a fire potion. Adjustments can be made if necessary.

Hm, I’d say no. That’s essentially three different abilities.

It might be more worthwhile to make some kind of natural ability that doesn’t require an external item which could be looted off your person during a match.

In that case how about I trade my alchemy potions for natural control and creation of lightning.

That’s a bit more reasonable.

So that would be okay right?

1 Like

Yes, definitely.

1 Like

name: Juliana (Jewel-E-ana)

Species: Transformers, a neutral in particular.

Appearance: In robot mode,

somewhere between Nautica,

and Windblade.

Height… about a foot shorter than Gatecrasher so, 9ft.

alt-mode: a Bugatti Atalante

Ability 1 & 2: Alt-mode.

Ability 3: She has a small blade, almost like wakizashi, but with a European style blade.

Bio: Juliana was created by Human named Craig Philips {for the record, mostly random name}. Craig loved his car, He waxed her every week, made weekly tune-ups, and kept her running like a dream. Only if she could talk back. This gave Craig an Idea, over several years, he manged to change his beloved Juliana into a transforming robot, but she had no life, no spark that would make Juliana into a living thing being. So he traveled to Cybertron. He smuggled Juliana onto a cargo ship and they both rode it to the planet. He than snuck into the Autobot city and stole a protoform. He made his way out of the facility and found an abandoned building in a deserted part of the planet. He spent almost a week installing the protoform into her frame. Then she moved. She came to life, just like he dreamed. She was beautiful, and he told her so. “Oh, your just saying that.” she responded. She was a shrinking violet, just like he envisioned. Craig and Juliana went back to earth.

They spent a good 20 years together on earth until Craig passed away, as all living things do in the end. she then decided to join the Salvation. She now works as an entertainer at Antillian Sunrise.

Personality: Very charming, and extremely attractive by transformer standards, but extremely shy and reserved. She hates to fight, and will always try to talk her way out of a fight, and because of her natural charm, (even though she is unaware of it), it often works. Think Olivia from Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Alright, edited for your perusal.

Also, can I have multiple characters?

Approved.[quote=“ProfSrlojohn, post:56, topic:50648”]
Also, can I have multiple characters?
[/quote]

So early into the game, I’ll say no. Later, definitely.

Okay. Also, don’t worry, no more TFs. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was think maybe a Brotherhood of Nod confessor, the guy in my profile picture. (or at least one similar)

I’d say we’ll need about five players total before we begin, not counting myself. If we don’t reach that in a week or so, I’ll shut down the signups.

Name: Thunderbird
Species: Human
Appearance: Above average in height, wears a yellow and black super-hero suit.
Power 1: Electricity manipulation. Must be touching the object for it to work. Also able to send powerful surges of electricity through someone he is touching.
Power 2: Magnetic grappling. Kind of an extension of Power 1. Grappling beam (for lack of better term) must contact metal for it to work.
Power 3: Super-suit is made of an advanced carbon nano-tube fabric. Makes it bulletproof for most purposes.
Personality/Bio: From a world where superpowers aren’t uncommon, Thunderbird has become his world’s equivalent of Batman. He goes around when needed, busting baddies with his allies. The most well known (and possibly most effective ) hero in the city of Aviar, Thunderbird doesn’t easily back down from a fight. That isn’t to say he won’t use strategy though.

My apologies for not posting earlier. Big school projects got in the way. I’ve scrapped my idea from earlier.