The Best Endings

Before I say anything, this wont be a Spoiler-free topic

So, there is always a game, movie or a series that blows your mind away with it’s ending. Sure, there are epic endings - but this topic aims to cut deeper, I expect nothing less than ending that makes one think. One of my favorite games, called the Darkest Dungeon ends amazingly. Basically, at the very end - the only thing you achieved is… well nothing, see for yourself.

It ends with this:

I especially like the parallel with the beginning. You start out as a family member, begged by your ancestor to rid their mansion of the horrors that they unleashed before committing suicide- the very same happens in the end, instead you would be the Ancestor and another person is to take your place as the reclaimer of the family heritage - only to meet the same fate.

3 Likes

The ending of Elysium. So much feels.

the ending of Valiant Hearts
just typing this makes me tear up a small bit

I played that game, was fun.

1 Like

The end of Code geass regarding animes and Mass Effect 3 (the corrected end of course), The walking dead and Life is strange regarding videogames.

Ah yes. That one made me laugh.

The end of Full Metal Alchemist brotherhood, which was a nice good bye.

Bionicle G2 /s

The matrix /S

Trigun.

The Sims 3 Pets DLC.

Don’t tell me you guys didn’t find the secret ending. So many feels. I’ve barely been able to touch the game since…

BIONICLE G1 actually had a great ending in my opinion, as rushed as it was.

Gurren Lagann had an epic, climactic final battle followed by a bittersweet ending.

Do Doctor Who regenerations count? Those are very emotional scenes, but that’s what makes them so great in my opinion.

Return of the Jedi. 'Nuff said.

1 Like

OFF.

The original SW:CW animated show tied Episodes 2 and 3 together rather well.

1 Like

YES!!!

Also, Star Wars Ep. 6.

2 Likes

Telltale’s The Walking Dead: Season 1, Episode 5.

It hurt.

1 Like

The ending of Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans.

I don’t want to spoil anything, but it was really just great. They gave a great climax to a minor plotpoint.

2 Likes

I guess people consider the flashiest, most dramatic endings the best… odd, my vision varies.

Halo reach had a fantastic ending.

ATLA (and Korra, to a lesser extent)
Return of the Jedi
Star Wars Rebels Season 2
The Desolation of Smaug (some people hate it, but I thought it was the best ending of the three)

I’m sure I’ll think of others later, but those are the first that spring to mind…

1 Like

Korra ending was amazing… not to say the ATLA was not, but it was expected. - As a whole series, I probably love both of them equally.

I agree wholeheartedly, but ATLA’s ending tied everything up so neatly and with such finesse that it really is the better of the two. Korra’s ending felt more like a season finale than a series one, partially due to the shortness of each season and how contained each one was. ATLA was more satisfying because it was the culmination of literally three years of storytelling, and it hit all the perfect notes to cap off that amazing journey…

2 Likes

True. As a certain person once said, you did the thing.

1 Like

I saw it coming so far away and was super disappointed. It felt… forced, IMO.

A great ending for me is the ending of whiplash or Game of thrones, season 6, the battle of the bstrds episode.