The Bionicle G1/G2 Connection Theory Topic

With recent events, I feel this topic is necessary. What I’m referring to is the leaked 2016 poster featuring the island of Mata Nui from G1 on the Mask of Control’s forehead.
http://i.imgur.com/08GHhru.jpg

Please bring any theories and/or discussions on the 2 generations being connected over to here, to keep the already hectic 2016 topic… uh… slightly less hectic.

This image brings up many questions, could this be final? Are these the same toa of old? and of course, the age old question we all thought died many months ago: Could this be a soft reboot, a hard reboot, or a continuation? :stuck_out_tongue: (Pls don’t make this an argument again for my sanity)

17 Likes

I find it hard to believe it’s a placeholder. They have access to Okoto. They’d use that.

10 Likes

Wow, @John_Sheppard just got Kapura’d.

The Toa might just be going to a new Island, shaped similar to that of Mata Nui.

4 Likes

that @John_Sheppard guy needs to get off my back before I go crazy on him.

Anywho, somewhere in the backburner of my mind I’ve had the possibility of the two being connected cause of the Vahi, but I dunno, we’ll have to see if the island comes out on final stuff

6 Likes

If G1 and G2 are connected then I would like it to be that the island of Mata Nui is still destroyed and the island of Okoto was formed out of the rubble over millions of years (because mata Nui was broken by the great spirit robot rising right?). The Toa vs Makuta will keep recurring through time like it is part of that worlds nature. It’s inevitable and has and will always happen, in different form every time.

7 Likes

It’s not a continuation, saying that right now.

My guess is that the island is simply an homage to the original, even more so that Okoto, and will be our answer to “Are there any other lands/islands out there?”

1 Like

Coming back to one of my earlier theories, let’s say that the Toa complete their mission on Okoto after Bionicle’s first three years, all the while regaining their memories of themselves and their home, Spherus Magna. Then BOOM, they realize that the Makuta was only a pawn for something larger, a truly evil entity I’ll refer to as…wait for it…the Kraahkan. That’s right, the original Mask of Shadows, otherwise known as the Mask of Ultimate Power. Created by Gen 2 Makuta out of pride and jealousy from Okoto and his brother, the Kraahkan takes over Makuta and is only stopped by Ekimu, who sends the mask into three pieces: the Mask of Incineration, the Mask of Fragmentation, and the Mask of Maelstrom. These Masks each contain sentient minds, and eventually evolve into the Lava, Quake and Storm Beasts. The controlled Makuta used Umarak to hunt down its’ three components and recreate itself. The Mask of Ultimate Power then takes over Makuta once more and defeats the Toa (Nuva). Ekimu steps in to fight, but can barely hold his own against the Mask’s power combined with Makuta’s. But Makuta regains his mind and resists the Mask, giving time for Ekimu to wrench the Mask from his face. The dark energy unleashed shatters the Mask of Creation, however, and Ekimu falls. The Mask absorbs the power of the MoC and disappears. The Nuva mourn for Ekimu and their defeat. But Makuta tells them that while the MoUP was controlling him, he discovered that the mask wished to ‘return to its owner’. The Nuva ponder this, and Kopaka remembers Teridax. Makuta believes that the MoUP can bring the dead Makuta back to life, which would mean the end of both worlds. But Onua suggests that the Toa combine their powers to return home, and says that there is a mask known as the Mask of Life that may be able to revive Ekimu inside of Teridax’s robot body. With that in mind, Makuta travels with the Nuva back to Spherus to stop the MoUP.

Kind of hard to follow, I’m aware, but that’s my two cents.

2 Likes

This was an idea I put in the BIONICLE 2015 Discussion topic, but I was told it was had no place there. But now that you’ve created this topic, it may have a place.
(NOTE: If you have seen this idea before, I’ve edited it a bit).

SPECULATION:
Maybe the power of Mata Nui’s robot and the Mask of Life not only restored life on Spherus Magna… but also created Okoto.

Now here’s my reasoning.

See the ocean behind Tahu in this picture?

http://board.ttvpodcast.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/2/5/25b0bd4aa4631c69585d6e0a1bbd552d568e0fce.png

I thought, “If there are still large oceans on Spherus Magna, is it possible there could be places even the G1 Toa don’t know about? Things created by the Mask of Life and Mata Nui in their last move to restore life to the planet? An island? Perhaps… Okoto?

SPECULATION #2:

Or maybe Okoto (or the pieces which would come together to form Okoto,) broke off from the isle of Mata Nui (like Voya Nui),

and two brothers the Mask Makers founded Okoto? Using the Mask of Control, maybe Makuta managed to control the island’s broken fragments to bring them together. Then, Ekimu used the Mask of Creation and created a series of mountain ranges to hold the island (Okoto) together.

Any thoughts?

10 Likes

Oh sure, now I notice the island of mata nui on the mask. WHY ON EARTH IS IT THERE!?!? It has to be a place holder. Or maybe it’s an Easter egg like the Vahi? GAH, MY BRAIN IS MELTING RIGHT NOW!

I just thought of something… what if G2 takes place in the far future of G1? Kind of like what BBC1wholock1 said:

And I am going to speculate that if this is the case, the Toa Mata turned into Turaga somewhere along the line and trained the Masters to go take care of Okoto.

2 Likes

At this point I am going to say G1 and G2 are in the same universe until we get the Poster for ourselves and I’d be interested to find out, how the 2 Generations are connected

4 Likes

Mata Nui… Why Mata Nui?

Hmm… Perhaps Okoto’s original shape was that of Mata Nui? We dunno. However, I have a feeling that this will lead to further links of Generation 1 and generation 2.

2 Likes

The practical side of me is saying: this is just an Easter egg or homage.
While the bionicle fan in me is running around the screaming in delight.

3 Likes

Very Good Theory

1 Like

Here’s an idea!

The “Beasts” have power over nature right? What if they create a Mata-Nui replica off the coast of Okoto? Better yet, maybe the “Beasts” are mutated Element Lords?

3 Likes

What if Ekimu and Makuta were related to Artakha in the Matoran World?

Here is a description of Artakha’s Mask of Creation according to G1:

“The mask was the most ornate anyone had ever seen – more than just a Kanohi, it was a true work of art. The metallic protodermis from which it was forged was arranged in intricate patterns and designs, each reflecting one of the many cultures that flourished in the universe. The eye slits were angular and pointed, giving him an air of both wisdom and a vague sense of menace.”

The Mask of Creation according to G2:

Seems very similar…

EDIT: Any ideas on how Karzahni fits into the picture?

13 Likes

My theory:

Vakama attempted to create a legendary mask during his task to create the Mask of Time. The result was the Mask of Control, but unpleased with the result, he dumped it. When Dume/Makuta visited the forge to question Vakama about the Mask of Time, Dume took the Mask of Control with him, a mask which would be locked in a vault, saved for centuries to come.

2 Likes

IF there is a connection to G1 in G2 then here is my theory: someone found and mastered the Vahi, then sped up time until reality rebooted, resulting I a new reality.

In other words: someone pulled a Made In Heaven.

Why yes I am a JJBA fan.

3 Likes

Another is that maybe the Nuva all died went to the red star and were sent back to spheres magna which they evolved into Okoto

3 Likes