The Boards' Emoji Topic

If you want to reply to multiple people you can quote them

If you highlight the text you want to reply to there should be a big button that says “quote”

If you press it you can do this:

4 Likes

It’s basically the plot of Attack on Titan.

4 Likes

The presence of these emojis is what cements the boards as a good website
:smirk: :dizzy_face: :sob:

5 Likes

I have begun to use :sunglasses::+1: when talking to my friends Yes I have actual friends. Shocking.

7 Likes

lies!!

5 Likes

:poop:

This is the best emoji change my mind

3 Likes

let’s not forget this one:

:goo:

3 Likes

yeah honestly :goo: has become a favorite of mine

:dizzy_face: is good too

5 Likes

I feel as though goo didn’t exist until recently
Could someone check the hsh emoji topic to see if it’s there

4 Likes

:no_good_man:
:no_bell:
:no_bicycles:
:underage:
:do_not_litter:

3 Likes

The first it appeared in that topic was March 28 of this year, when Rukah posted it and nothing else

3 Likes

see? I do make contributions to society

6 Likes

A collection of Boards emoji observations

1. The boards reccomends recently used emojis in the drop down list, but it will not reccomend custom emojis such as :gregf: and :tuma:

2. There is no Turkish flag in the collection of emojis

3. If one types :sad, the boards will suggest emojis with sad expressions, even though none of them have the word “sad” in their name.

4. Typing :feet: will generate the footprints emoji

5. Some emojis have inexplicable secret alternate names. For example, typing :wed will cause the cheese emoji to appear in the drop down list. Additionally, if one types :Hank, the poop emoji will pop up :smirk:

3 Likes

Very interesting

1 Like

4 Likes

After extensive research, I have determined the reason for this.
These come up because they are part of a longer name. I realized this when I typed in :elet and the boards recommended the skull emoji – it was part of “skeleton”. So I tried every combination of letters and underscore to determine what “wed” and “hank” were. “Wed”, as it turns out, is “cheese_wedge”; makes sense now. As for hank, it seems to be short for… “hankey”. Maybe that’s some sort of slang word for poop?

Mystery sold. Your welcome.

7 Likes

Upon doing some research myself it appears to be a Southpark reference of all things
TTV has been solved

6 Likes

The Boards have been broken recently, and while staff have made good progress amending some of the unsavory visual updates it has brought, a lot remains unchanged, including the slew of new emojis from the forum host that have…

Gradients…

:melting_face: :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_peeking_eye: :saluting_face: :face_in_clouds: :face_exhaling: :face_with_spiral_eyes: :face_holding_back_tears:

There’s a number of new ones, but these ones with gradients are so repulsive and dated to me. I really can’t wait until they’re gone or replaced with better ones, like :goo:

3 Likes

Worse, ads keep appearing in the middle of topics for me. Normally they stay at the top and bottom of the site, but occasionally they appear in between comments.

2 Likes

We should have three dimensional emojis instead :+1:

On my end there’s one above your post :gregf:

4 Likes