The Brotherhood of Makuta - Napak

Name: Napak
Kanohi: Pakarai, Great Mask of Durability
Assigned region: None

Backstory:

[details=Outdated]Ah, finally, another Makuta that creates Rahi, so unique, so important… Nah. Simply put, Napak preferred to make giant beasts, like dragons and stuff. His strength, equipment, and mask allowed him to handle these large creatures, and he paraded them around like a nomad shepherd and his flock. Except this was a flock of dragons, not sheep.

Napak also tended to stay out of another Makutas’ affairs and matters, pretty much being super lazy, only talking to his brothers and sisters when he needed land to roam on. So when the time came of Teridax’s plan, Napak was one of the only neutral Makuta. Still, he posed a threat, tamer of giant beasts and whatnot.

Now Makuta Gorast and Makuta Icarax, the classic assassination duo, ruled that Napak was a potential threat and in sense, a future nuisance. So, they went to kill him. A long fight ensued, thanks to Napak’s brute strength and undying (literally) resolve, but in the end, they managed to throw him into the Protodermis Sea, presumably drowning him. It appears even undying-mask welders can fall to the cold death of drowning. Apparently.[/details]

Equipment:

Napak wore the Kanohi Pakarai, Great Mask of Durability, which allowed him to harden his metallic parts and armor, as well as numbing pain and exhaustion. His lower right arm was shapeshifted into a gun so that he could pacify rampaging Rahi, and he also carried a crook to reel in his creations when ever necessary. His armor was made of Protodermis since he died before any of the Makuta evolutions.

The first of my entries for the Brotherhood of Makuta Project.

22 Likes

Interesting.
The probably dead part is great.

I don’t like the colour scheme, this would be much better.

/s

4 Likes

I cannot tell what balance of seriousness and/or sarcasm you are using, but thank you anyway! :smiley:

2 Likes

I was being sarcastic. /s means sarcastic on the TTV boards.

O’kep.

1 Like

I don’t like the red ball-joints, but I guess they can’t be helped.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t have any spare black ones

Though the MOC is relatively simple and straight-forward, there’s a weird charm to it. I’d love to see a more armored V2, if you ever get around to it. I think a little bit of bulk and some custom design (say, in the arms or something) would do the MOC a lot of good.

I like it, but it could use some improvements. Good job, and I hope you enjoy it here on the boards!

1 Like

Overall he looks pretty good. It’s perhaps a little odd, that the torso is the only part of his body with any real colouring, but it surprisingly doesn’t bother me. The arms could perhaps use some more customization/armor. I really like the legs.

As to the backstory: I does work, I guess. He chose Teridax’s side over who should lead the Brotherhood, but (probably) Gorast (because Icarax most likely wouldn’t care) decided that he was a threat, forced Icarax to come along, and so on.
But I’m pretty sure that Makuta that consist out of gaseous Antidermis can’t drown - they don’t need to breath. You don’t necessarily need to change that here, but for the “Book of the Brotherhood” I’m planning, I would go for “he got seperated from his mask somehow” then.

Only thing that really bothers me: His mask. There actually is a canon mask of Undeath with the following ability (copied from BS01):

The Mask of Undeath is a Kanohi that siphons off a fraction of its user’s life energy from their body, which it infuses the body with after death. The body is then animated by the lifeforce, and attempts to fulfill the last objective the user had while living. The mask gives the user no other special power and will slow down their processing, making it harder for them to fight. While undead, the user will lose all illumination in their eyes, making them empty and black.

So you either have to go for that mask power, rename your mask, or make up a different mask power.
What about Galya, Great Mask of Rising or something?

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll rename it, then.

Ok then, thanks for participating! If you want to do another Makuta for the project, you know where to ask me :wink:

Oh
Lovely

Aaah that aside, this is…Ok. I mean, it needs a lot of work concerning colors and the textures. The arms are really awkward, the purple belly is kinda weird, the legs look far too gappy, and the tubes make it look really cluttered.

2 Likes

The Makuta evolution took place after Terry’s takeover, right? Is it not outside the realm of possibility that his “death” took place shortly before the evolution?

Ruled out usually means “decided against”, which is the opposite of what I assume you’re trying to say here.
Also: clashing purple doesn’t look good. Would suggest replacing the purple hand with a black one or a silver one if you have one.

1 Like

Fixed, thanks for pointing that out. Yeah, I’ll switch out that different shade for black.

Ah, much better colour scheme now. The bulkier arms also help a lot. My favorite part are still the legs, though - and with the addition of Pohatu Nuva’s claws (however they were called again) they look even better.
The only thing that would improve this MOC further would perhaps be a full custom torso without the Piraka upper body part.

1 Like

The revamp really works for him, though I’m personally a little sad to see the purple go (not enough purple MOCs these days) it looks better than the original. Good job!