The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

I like it, it’s extremely helpful and I don’t have to go into each Makuta’s bio to know a general synopsis of the brotherhood’s dealings over the years.

Also, @Gilahu My Makuta is nearly finished, I just have to take some pictures and make the topic. May take me just a bit longer than usual, but I should have it done before today ends.

3 Likes

Yeah, sure, I like this better than what I wrote.

~W12~

Oh yeah, right, I didn’t show you those Book of the Brotherhood entries :stuck_out_tongue:

Basically Isthra eventually returns to Destral in order to convince her friend Xoth to join her, but they’re interrupted by Gorast and Icarax.

Post 1 is updated again
There are still Makuta to be assigned

2 Likes

Timeline looks great so far!

By the way, are we allowed to see the completed entries for our own Makuta? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You mean the Book of the Brotherhood entries? No. I’m planning to post them once the project is finished - which might still take a while. Plus presently there are only 36 entries finished… How much I work on them also always depends on how much I currently have to do for university - because if I’ve already spent three hours writing stuff I’m always lacking motivation to do more writing…

With the drawings I made better progress so far - currently working on either number 67 or 69…

3 Likes

Here I have my finished Makuta, Triokodex. Do what you will with him.

I have now done a complete fix on his backstory. Hopefully now there isn’t anything wrong with it, and I stayed accurate to the canon. I also changed his name to Straintol. I can change it again if that doesn’t work out.

2 Likes

Yo, Gilahu. I’ve noticed that a lot of Makuta have unique masks, and I had a thought: where did they all come from? Now, I know we have a Makuta who tried to be a Mask Maker, Wreigth, but what if he wasn’t the only one? What if there was a Makuta before him who was the Brotherhood’s official mask maker? Then, something happens to him, and Wreigth tries to replace him. I dunno if you have a back story for Vekaron (one of my Makuta) but even if you already do, feel free to add this to your backstories ideas list. If you think it works, that is. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just a small update,
Chirox- still missing mask, swords, now also down fingers, will bricklink parts eventually, still finished otherwise.
Teridax- rebuilt legs from knees down, far more stable, looks better, expect topic soon.

4 Likes

@Racie02[quote=“Racie02, post:1278, topic:14663”]
a lot of Makuta have unique masks
[/quote]

Well, we don’t know if they’re unique :wink:

I personally always imagined that the Makuta were kinda created with masks - as soon as they rose from the Antidermis pool Mata Nui gave each of them one. Perhaps Artakha created them all - after all the Kraahkan was made by Artakha, too. Plus the Makuta’s Kanohi were made from Protosteel which makes Artakha as the creator of these masks even more likely.

So I don’t really see a reason for another Makuta mask maker.

I have some very rough ideas, but nothing specific yet. He definitely is a scientist, though.

Post 1 is updated again

2 Likes

I have taken too long on this. Wow, I’m terrible at getting MOCs built.

Hopefully by the end of this week. No promises this time, which will hopefully be a better motivator for me.

4 Likes

That whole timeline thing is taking far longer and is getting way more complex than I expected :stuck_out_tongue: I’m on page 6 ( that part up above took up like… 1 page and a third of the second) by now and haven’t even started with Karda Nui… I haven’t even started specifically going through the list and adding stuff about all the Makuta.

Maybe I manage to finish it this week…

Post 1 is updated again

2 Likes

I have a makuta moc, no name, just called makuta right now, made him for a contest.

Can I be part of this?

here, have a pic
Makuta
before anyone says “it’s barbielo” read the description please

@Samtastictogo try me

7 Likes

I like the chrome Mask of Control

3 Likes

@Asriel

I like the look of him, but he’s a little too small and simple in terms of what I’d like for this project, I fear.

Post 1 is updated again

1 Like

So do you have to be assigned a makuta or can you just make one? I don’t quite understand

The “to be assigned” part of the list shows which Makuta are still needed. For example since there are no more female Makuta on this list you aren’t allowed to do a female one.

If you want to participate you have to tell me in advance which Makuta from the “to be assigned” list you want to do - which currently is either a non-canon male Makuta whom you can completely make up yourself - as long as he fits the rules - or Makuta Kojol, who is a canon character and thus already has an existing backstory. Otherwise there’s nothing known about Kojol, though, so in terms of the MOC you can do whatever you like best - as long as it fits the rules.

Post 1 is updated again

Ok thanks

Can I pitch my Makuta: Quatza?
He is a male Makuta, dark red, mata red and black, wears the Mask of stealth and (sorry, I only have 1 G1 set) is made from a combination of CCBS and Technic. *Update, you’ll be glad to hear I recently got a mixed kg of G1 parts so Quatza is now almost 100% G1 parts! He’s a modified Toa metru build, black and dark red.
He was a very quiet Makuta, never doing much out of line or remarkable and simply followed orders.

@Gilahu I’m working on revamping Quatza at the moment - I really don’t feel like the moc was good enough for a project like this. He should be done in a few weeks, I’ll try to keep you updated.
Also, i drew some concept art before I actually built him - where does it go? It says the drawing of him is done but I haven’t heard anything of a drawing.
T’anks - Kikoa

@Kikoa

Basically yes, if everything fits the rules. Shall I put you on the list?

Post 1 is updated again

3 Likes

Can you add my makuta Mzaud?

3 Likes