The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

So do we choose the information ourselves, along with not yet chosen name for our Makuta? Also is a MOC thats about 8 in. (10 cm.) okay?

@EvilLobsterKing LobsterFest 2016!

Edited for Double Post - Waj

1 Like

I believe if you are making a named Makuta you will need to work within their story, but I would check with @Gilahuā€¦

k. Thanks for somewhat clarifying.

You make the story yourselves, along with the names, unless youā€™re working on a pre-existing, canonical Makuta.

@Spoooooopy_velcro
I would recommend making an extra topic. Thus everyone just has a better overview over all the Makuta. Also upload more pics then.

@RedHuna101
Yeah ā€¦ Itā€™s a bit complicated. I think somewhere I said something about ā€œG1 Titan sized refers rather to a scale of complexity and sizeā€. So when I said your Makuta was ā€œa bit smallā€ I rather meant ā€œcould use a bit more detailā€ like for example a full custom torso and, you know, stuff.
But donā€™t take it too seriously :wink: I still like your MOC.

@Toa_Heatwave
Why did I know, that you would choose that mask? Doesnā€™t look so bad that far. Take as much time, as you need, until youā€™re satisfied and Miserix looks every inch the Makuta.

@TBT_Emerald @Cyclopian
I would prefer G1 parts (because Iā€™m personally no big fan of CCBS), but today you donā€™t get G1 in the stores, so I can hardly say anything against using G2 parts, canā€™t I? Use whatever you want, as long as it isnā€™t too much system.

@Sushiyoda
If you decide to do an unknown Makuta, you can choose his or her name as well as their story, although the story should fit into Bionicle G1.
10 cm sounds a bit small. I would prefer MOCs of about the size of G1 Titans/G2 Toa and with about as much detail as the G1 Titans/more detail than the G2 Toa.

Also check out the list above now and then, as I will mark the completed Makuta.

1 Like

:smile: I just really think it fits himā€¦and itā€™s sufficiently different from the usual Jutlin that it could serve as a separate mask. Fun fact: I used to picture Vultrazā€™s mask as the Mask of Mutation, until it was wisely pointed out that it should be Icaraxā€™s original Kanohi, as Vultraz worked with him. I then switched to Radiakā€™s mask, and then to the shape shifted Jutlin.

And donā€™t worry, I will make him worthy of his station!

Well then you probably wouldnā€™t like my Moc, as the only ā€œG1ā€ peices are the head and maskā€¦

ā€¦So I lied here, and am pretty busy for the next few days, so sorry about thatā€¦

@EvilLobsterKing

A good MOC is a good MOC. I personally just donā€™t like to build with CCBS because one tends to make stuff very simple, because it still looks well. I have to admit: MOCs build with CCBS usally just look perfectly armored up.
But I prefer the ā€œoldā€ Bionicle look over the CCBS look, because Bionicle G1 always had gaps and holes and little details on most parts - it just feels right to me, to leave Bionicle that way. Also I think that G1 style leaves more options for customization.
But I have seen some very good MOCs built with CCBS and some even better ones combining both styles, thereā€™s nothing wrong with CCBS.
Just design your MOC in a way, that you are happy with and take as much time, as you need. :wink:

And if anyone needs some inspiration, confirmation or just wants to see what others did - check out the already ā€œfinishedā€ Makuta MOCs Iā€™ve linked on the list above.

#generalupdate
I have completed the arms and taken the pictures.
Expect the topic sometime in the (hopefully) near future.

Ooooh sorry, I goofed. My MOC is actually around 21 cm. (8 in.)
Build is somewhat basic, but more complex then a normal toa.
Color scheme is mostly black and white with some red, and a little trans blue for the chest.

Ooh oooh ooh!

Can I do Bitil?

BBBB55

Lucky me. Just finished my Makuta MOC today.

Backstory: TtvPodcast.com is for sale | HugeDomains

2 Likes

Rerekei is coming along nicely, Iā€™ve got just about all of her done aside from her arms, and then thereā€™s the fact that most of her leg pieces are placeholder.

Oh, and hereā€™s her hand:

The leg skull spiders will be metru blue, and the lower leg shells will be tan, once I get enough of those in those colours.

This is an older MOC, but can I still enter it?

Name: Tagah
Assigned region: Southern Islands
Kanohi: Kanohi Lekma, the Mask of Resurgance (modified to look like a Kanohi Kraahkan)

In the core BIONICLE universe, Tagah was a mighty warrior among the Makuta that was loyal to Teridax. He battled many Dark Hunters and grew to be an honor figure in the brotherhood. However, during the Makuta-Barraki war, Tagah was murdered by Pridak when imprisoned, and has since then been viewed as a martyr for the Makuta.

Hereā€™s the link to my MOC:
http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/the-brotherhood-of-makuta-makuta-xirok/14778

Name: Xirok
Height: 8 in. (21 cm.).
Assigned Region: none
Kanohi: Akanu, Great Mask of Disease

Once again, sorry if the backround is messy, I just couldnā€™t find a good spot to take the pictures.

1 Like

@Sushiyoda
All you had to do, was say ā€œI wanna do a male Makutaā€, no link and pics on this topic needed, as I will link your MOC above, when I see, that itā€™s finished.

This also goes for @P1gNinja and @Chronicler (otherwise this topic would get cluttered somewhat).
Also before uploading your MOC and linking it to this topic or implying, that it is part of the Brotherhood project, you should wait to get an OK from me. Thatā€™s no big problem now, as we have plenty Makuta left, but I just want to clarify that for when we get to the point where just a few are missing. :wink:

Your Makuta are accepted, by the way.
And of course older MOCs can be entered, as long as they fit into the guidelines.

@Cyclopian
The torso works, no doubt, but I feel like it could be a little ā€¦ bigger. Nice idea for the hands!

@21sselliW
You can. Try to consider some tips you got for your other Makuta. :wink: Oh, and also this is the last Makuta, you can do for now, as the 3 Makuta per person limit still exists.

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ve been wanting to use the hand design for a while now, but havenā€™t had the chance up 'till now. The torso will be taller, when itā€™s completed, but I plan to keep it the same otherwise.

@Chronicler

Oh, and before I mark your Makuta as completed ā€¦ do you want to update his old entry with the information you gave here or are you planning to reupload him?

By the way, if I remember correctly, the ruler/supervisor of Destral was also the leader of the Brotherhood (Miserix and later Teridax), so perhaps you should choose a different assigned region for Tagah.

Probably the last Iā€™d do for awhile anyway. I need a creativity refreshment.

Oh yeah, and Bitilā€™s done. Pics will come when Slime continues his project When Biocraft comes out soon-ish.

Okay, thanks for clarifying :smile: