The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

Which book?

Iā€™m trying to find it again.

I didnā€™t know, too, but hereā€™s what I found on the german Chronist Wiki after a bit of research:

• Gorast was the last female Makuta
  • about the time where the Toa Nuva entered Karda Nui, there were just 15 Makuta still alive:
    1 --> Teridax
    9 --> the 8 that died in Karda Nui, namely Antroz, Chirox, Vamprah, Icarax, Mutran, Gorast, Krika, Bitil
    10 --> the Makuta of Stelt, killed by Miserix
    11 --> Spiriah (no part of the brotherhood anymore by then), killed by Miserix
    12 --> Tridax, killed by Tobduk
    13 --> Miserix (no part of the brotherhood anymore)

and thus:
15 --> two other male Makuta, Teridax used to create Kraata and Rahkshi, before he killed them eventually

So there are two Makuta to assign.

@Rac
Thanks, that you pointed that out! After all we want to make the Brotherhood project as much canon, as we as mere fans can.

Iā€™ll put you on the list.

OK, so:
I canā€™t find the info in the three 08 books or Makutaā€™s guide to the Universe.
It isnā€™t in the serials.
I canā€™t get on BS01 at all due to a wiki skin issue, whatever that means.
Iā€™m stuck.

Edit: using the Wayback machine, I confirmed the trivia was not on the BIONICLE site in 08.
Edit 2: I did find the info o Chronist Wiki, so thereā€™s that.
It seems likely Greg said it.

I believe Greg may have stated that Gorast was the last female left in the LMB Topic he posts in. IIRC, he said something to that effect, stating that the females might have been killed due to their sympathy towards Miserix, aside from Gorast, who was a die-hard Terry fangirl.

EDIT: Take that with a grain of salt, though, and even less so with a canon eye.

1 Like

I know I saw this somewhere, canā€™t remember where. Since thereā€™s nothing to outright contradict it, shall we operate under the assumption this is the case?

1 Like

I remember the point coming up in a BZP topic a few months back, during that big debate about gender inequality in G1ā€¦still pretty sure it was drawn from the LMBs, though I hardly have the wherewithal to search all of Gregā€™s posts for it.

Probably a female Makuta, mainly. And a few male ones, possibly.

Iā€™ll join. Could I make a female Makuta?

Iā€™ll make a male Makuta that was loyal to Miserix, if you accept it. His name will be Hormahk, a modification of a word meaning torment, as his Kanohi is the Mask of Vamparism (Vamprahā€™s mask), which feeds on fear and pain.

Iā€™ve got Vamprah done and all, and due to life and Halo 5, I havenā€™t been able to take pictures, and I havenā€™t got the prices free, but I wouldnā€™t mind reserving a Female Makuta, I donā€™t mind if itā€™s dead, but I have a really, in my opinion, really good ideaā€¦

2 Likes

@Windfall Iā€™ll sign you up for a female Makuta then.

@Bionicdeadpool You can!

@spookycheetah I do accept.

@EvilLobsterKing OK.

Iā€™ll also do the remaining Kratta maker

Iā€™d like to join this project, Iā€™ve just started getting into moccing (Iā€™ve done inika builds in the past, but not much more), and Iā€™m interested in joining. If I can join Iā€™d like to reserve a male and a female makuta.

Ok, so I decided my Bitil was pitiful and redid him.

@Nogus1
OK.

@mravacadomonkey
You can join, Iā€™ll add you on the list for two Makuta then.

It is done.
http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/the-brotherhood-of-makuta-vadkanda/14945
Or at least this one is

1 Like

@Windfall

If you want to do one Makuta or two in addition, just tell me specifically. ā€œA few male ones, possibly.ā€ Was a bit vague.

Itā€™s also enough to tell me, that youā€™re finished, I think Iā€™ll find your Makuta without a link and for everyone else, Iā€™m linking all finished Makuta on the list above. :wink:

1 Like

Well, sorry. Just making sure. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ok, I got a bit bored today and made up storys for two Makuta. As I presently donā€™t have the parts left to build any MOC I would be satisfied with, I decided that I would post them here.
If one of you needs a name and a backstory for his or her Makuta, you are allowed to use one of these two, as long as you give reference. However, if you wish to, let me know also, to prevent using the same story more than once.

Ok, here you go:

Name: Anjan
Assigned region: unnamed island north of Artidax
Kanohi: Hetyr, Great Mask of Sanity

When Mata Nui created the first Makuta, he was inexperienced and made some mistakes. The result was Anjan. While he looked like all other Makuta, there was a glimmer of insanity in his eyes from the beginnig. Mata Nui saw that and ordered Artakha to make a special Kanohi that would help Anjan keep his powers and mind under control.
After that Anjan joined the other Makuta in forming the brotherhood and started to work on creating Rahi. However from time to time small glimpses of his uncontrolled nature could be seen. His powers would slip slightly out of control and his Rahi tended to explode or go berserk. He also never had any control over his Rahkshi. Miserix forbade him to create any, after one of them nearly blew up the brotherhoodā€™s fortress on Destral and sent Anjan finally to a small island where his experiments wouldnā€™t be a threat to anyone but himself.
Because of his powers of quick healing running wild one day, Anjanā€™s Antidermis became gaseous much sooner than that of the other Makuta. Experimenting with it he created more Kraata and Rahkshi, not heeding Miserixā€™ order. The result was the same, though. The Rahkshi wouldnā€™t take orders from him and attacked anything living in sight from each other to Anjan himself and the sparse plantlife of the island. Instead of destroying them, Anjan constructed special prison cells, where he shut them in seperately for further studys.
One Rahkshi, however, managed to damage Anjanā€™s mask, so that its power began to seep away. Anjanā€™s thoughts began to make ever less sense and his powers would regularly run out of control, destroying everything in his surroundings.
After a while he got it into his head, that he should pay a visit to Destral and elevate himself to Turaga of the island. After all, he was the eldest. He packed all his Rahkshi in their cells on a boat and set off.
When he neared the island of the brotherhood, a Rahkshi from there came to him to see what his business was. Anjan destroyed it immediately and declared war, as he saw himself deceived.
He unleashed his own Rahkshi on the shore which immediately started tearing each other apart. Anjan himself strode up to the fortress and demanded tribute. When a Makuta asked what in Mata Nuis name he was talking about, Anjan attacked him with a bolt of lightning.
In the end Miserix and a couple of others defeated Anjan with no great effort and finally concluded, that it would be best to kill him, as an insane Makuta was a danger to the whole universe. Miserixā€™ laser vision destroyed Anjanā€™s armor and burned his essence away.

Name: Suurat
Assigned region: a small island between the northern and southern continents
Kanohi: ?

As the other Makuta, Suurat at first worked on creating Rahi. But when they spread the Rahi throughout the Matoran Universe, Suurat and Msierix discovered a small island, that housed a strange artifact. As far as they could tell it was some kind of red glowing orb set into a stone pedestal. Surrounding it were inscriptions they couldnā€™t fully understand, but they finally came to the conclusion, that whatever this place was, it was somehow important for Mata Nuiā€™s wellbeing and related to something called ā€œthe Red Starā€.
They tried to remove the orb to study it closer, but as soon as Suurat touched it, a jolt of energy went through his body, which nearly killed him. Miserix finally decided, that a place of importance to the whole universe should be guarded by someone. Even if noone could touch the orb, it maybe could be destroyed. He assigned Suurat the task.
For a long time not much happened. Now and then the orb would glow more fiercely and send some kind of energy beam in a seemingly random direction, but else Suurat hadnā€™t much to do.
The Order of Mata Nui finally noticed that there had to be a cause for a Makuta being constantly on a small island, so they sent a team to investigate and secure anything of importance, the Makuta shouldnā€™t be trusted with. Suurat managed to kill one of them, but the remaining two Order agents succeeded in forcing him back until he stood with his back to the red orb.
But he wasnā€™t defeated. Another one of the Orderā€™s agents fell to his shadow powers and he began to advance again. He started using his disintegration powers to eliminate the last one, too, but the last standing member of the Order - desperately - tackled him and used his Kanohi Felnas to make Suurats powers run out of control. The following outburst of destructive power killed both of them and removed the whole island as well as the artifact from the Matoran Universe.
At the same time, the teleporting device on the Red Star stopped working.

What do you think? Is this interesting? Fitting?
For sure we need more good storys for the Makuta of this project, so perhaps this does help a bit. :wink:

3 Likes