The Burning Ice (challenge: Fire and ice)

When I think of Fire and Ice, the first thing I think of is… A Song of Ice and Fire. But the second thing I think of is those melded red pieces Krika and the Blade Tittan had. So I decided to use as many of the mixed white/red pieces I have, so all but Pridak’s head.

The Grukko, better known as the Burning Ice, are a bizarre species presumed to be Rahi, rarely seen around the realm of Karzahni. Some say that Karzahni himself made them, similar to how his wife Artakha made the Crystal Serpents.

The Burning Ice are made of the strange searing hot ice that rains from the volcanoes, and their bodies are usually burning, making them a truly bizarre sight to behold.

They are attracted to and seemingly eat fire, with it maintaining the flames of their bodies. If they go too long without “eating”, the flames die out and they become a statue.

If left alone, these Grukko statues eventually crumble, killing the Grukko. But if an unwary Rahi or Matoran gets too close while the Burning Ice is still alive, all of their heat will rapidly be pulled into the Burning Ice, reigniting its flames and allowing it to move once more, while turning the unlucky creature who got to close into ice.

This effect has been compared to how unmoving Matoran in Karzahni turn to stone, but it takes only seconds rather than several minutes.

Well, this was fun to make. As always, any comments, criticisms, and cobras are welcome.

32 Likes

I’m not sure as to how well it fits theme, but it’s a pretty cool rahi moc.

1 Like

I really like this, easily fits in with canon Rahi and I like the creative lore. Also I don’t recognise the colour of the rear legs, are they rare?

Cool AU idea :sunglasses:
Instead of bickering brothers they’re a bickering couple lol.

Forgot my Cobra:

2 Likes

I believe they were only on the Blade Titan fro Exo-force

https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-blade-titan-set-8102-instructions

Less of an AU and more of me putting the wrong word.

2 Likes

Watch it, or I’ll sic the Light Grey Walkers on you!

Interesting idea, I like this creature that is on fire, but ice at the same time.