The CCBS Topic

@Sidorak ??

2 Likes

I play with my sets…I used to…I also MOC a lot…

shoot me

1 Like

You for one are, unlike me, in the “suggested age range”

Or at least you seem like you are

1 Like

Eh, by play I mean that I will turn gears and pose them…

StingBlade does the rough play.

2 Likes

why is it that people have the mindset that ccbs is “indestructible” then make posts like;

Its absolutely stupid.
every toy can break over time.
its not a shocking thing.

2 Likes

Because in comparison to the 08 joints (which break the second time you use them) they are :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Hmmm…

1 Like

coughherofactorythingatlegolandcough

Seriously, practically every CCBS bone was cracked.

2 Likes

Wooow…how the heck…

Kids, man. Kids.

Figured…but…man…ouch.

I feel that the old system is more complicated and you can do more unique things with. But, I honestly prefer CCBS because it is much more user friendly. I have always found it easier to create good looking creations. Also, it doesn’t break. It’s both durable and complicated enough that good creations can come out of it.

3 Likes

Don’t mean to bash, but here’s my opinions:

The 2015 Toa are quite a good example. They blend good old style technic building with the simplicity of CCBS. The new 2016 Toa are even better, with custom torsos and unique limb designs for some. Also, the Star Wars constraction line blows many older sets out of the water with its complex use of parts, back coverage, and interesting pieces.

Go to MOCPages right now and look up a few Bio-builders. I guarantee they have used CCBS in at least one MOC of theirs. I highly doubt the credibility of this claim also. Heck, look at Shadowgear6335. He’s a high up MOCist who uses CCBS shells quite frequently, even on his self-MOC Minion. Plenty of MOCists use CCBS all the time. Also, here are some really good MOCs that use the system in some capacity:

Tigerclaw by RaptorTalon
Souzan, the Queen’s Firemaiden by Patrick Biggs
Korgot, Protector of Earth by Patrick Biggs
Gellen, Fallen Toa by Commander Spencer
Kopaka, Master of Ice by Kyle Peckam
The Remainder by Jangbricks
Queen of the Skull Spiders by Jangbricks

True, but not impossible. A good way to do so is by using the leg design in this MOC or this way as I did in one of my WIPs. Self-plugging indeed. Personally, I believe it creates a challenge for the MOCist, and what fun is MOCing is there is no challenge?

I understand what you’re saying, but that’s not what many people mean by “specialized”. What many mean is that something like a Mata limb in most cases can only be used as a limb piece, or an Inika head for a head. In CCBS, a chest plate can be a chest plate, leg armor, arm armor, back armor, a foot, a snout, anything the user desires. Also, do you think System bricks are too specialized because they can only connect with other LEGO bricks or copy-cats rather than say, a normal action figure? And considering the new armor piece coming out, which you can see on 2016 Kopaka’s lower legs and Tahu’s upper legs, as well as the creature bodies, pin and axel holes are making a return.

The system isn’t perfect, but I think come next year, it’s going to boom and become even better than it ever could have been.

Again, I don’t want to sound like I’m bashing you or hating your comment. I believe you put forth fair arguments. And I’m also glad you weren’t one of those people who complained that it wasn’t complex enough or wasn’t too detailed looking and therefore wasn’t a complex system. Thanks for that. If you want to hear more and get one last link out of me, I recommend watching Nickonaquamagna’s Mega 2015 Toa review, which pretty much sums up my opinions on the system as a whole.

Thanks for the good debate, my friend!

2 Likes

You’re way too frickin’ late

I was able to convince him as to how useful CCBS was a long time ago and has used CCBS on the last two iterations of his selfMOC.

Also you underestimate the fact that Maethorneth has been on MOCpages for three or four years and seen at least two or three of those MOCs you mentioned.

3 Likes

And I am kicking myself for not looking at the poster’s name…

Sorry, Maethorneth! But my points remain, and they address others with the same complaint as well.

1 Like

I grew up with G1 and I have to say, I prefer G2’s style and system. No I haven’t MOCed with them, because I like how they look. None of my G1 sets are in one piece.

Personally I like G2 because you can use its parts for any line. And I have no desire to mix G1 pieces with G2 pieces.

Sorry bud. A designer already did that for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Limb and body pieces, I really should have specified that, huh? Weapons can be used with anything. I once tried to make the sword of Guts with Jaller Mahri’s sword.

2 Likes

This fool?

Yup that is the one.

1 Like