The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

“Right well unlike you I’m…” Deluge pauses to cough and hack “ahem…I’m in no rush to die.”

In Dragopia

Above the Castle of Lord Bloodfang, there appeared to be a flying White Dragon, it was Geal, the Ashen Leader with Xaio, the Starwalker on his back. Geal lands on the ground and folds his wings as Xaio got off of him and made his way into the Castle.

“How sure are you about this…?” Geal asked as he walked with Xaio. The Castle was very spacious, allowing for Dragons of Geal’s height and even larger Dragons to walk inside, though flying wasn’t an option.

“It is the only way,” Xaio responded as they were walking through the hallway.

“Just so you know, when things go wrong, if they go wrong. You will be enemies…and then well…” Geal glanced down.

“You don’t have to save me,” Xaio said, glancing at him with the corner of his eye right eye, before looking back forward. “I want to be sure before I do anything drastic. These Heroes are quite the fiery bunch, but they lack perspective on the consequences of their actions.”

“That I agree with.” Geal nods.

The two found themselves standing before the official gate of Lord Bloodfang’s Throne Room. The Gates open as Xaio pushed them open and stepped forward.

Lord Bloodfang was on his throne, discussing with Marvon and Janus was around there, chilling as he would describe it before their King noticed them, and he noticed it very well, they came with empty hands.

Xaio bowed down before Lord Bloodfang, resting on his right knee, his hand across his chest while Geal bowed down as well.

Unamused Bloodfang rests his cheek on his right knuckle with Marvon stepping on Bloodfang’s left side. “Let there be the first time where I’m wrong.” He mentioned. “Have you acquired the Thunderstorm Bow?” He asked, his eyes glowing in that cyan color.

Xaio’s eyes were closed before he opened them back up, his gold eyes glared back into Bloodfang’s own cyan eyes. “I, unfortunately, bring bad news of failure my Liege…” Xaio bowed his head.

Suddenly, something unexpected happened. Michael’s right eye was twitching, a rare sight but Marvon knew that it was the sign of Bloodfang boiling with rage inside his being. “Explain this.” Lord Bloodfang’s tone took a stern, almost frustrating tone.

“When we arrived, we didn’t know where the enemy was,” Geal stated as he looked at Bloodfang. “I let my partner, Xaio, use his vision and lead us to the Thunderstorm Bow with the help of the Stars.” He mentions.

“Stars…?” Bloodfang asked, his eyebrow slightly arching.

“When Starwalkers die they can resigning within the Stars of their Constellation, and live forever. It is our way of immortality. The Ancestors of our Past, lead us towards the Bow. This is why no one has been able to acquire it, because you need a Starwalker to find it.” Xaio explained, with a calm neutral tone.

“Ah…” Their King’s eyebrows slightly rose, surprised to hear this sudden revelation.

“Then…” Geal felt a heavyweight being placed on his heart. “Then my Daughter showed up…of course, we didn’t expect her to appear all of the sudden. So she got the upper hand and in the end…she got the Bow…” Geal said, looking down, full knowing that Bloodfang was enraged.

“I’ve sent one of my best Dragopian Protectors and one of the strongest, Starwalker that has ever walked this earth, only to have them come back…in failure…” Bloodfang declares, his left hand on the pedestal tightened. “Explain how that happened.”

“Lord Bloodfang, I’ve engaged on a dual with an Isotixian, he goes by the name of Candall MacArdal,” Xaio said. “Rest assured that it was filled with honor, both parties respecting the sacred rules of a dual, no one interfered. I’ve officially won the dual…but I couldn’t take the life of a man when I heard the screaming cries of his beloved wife…who in attempted tried to stop me.” He mentions.

He arched an eyebrow, glancing at Xaio for a moment there. “And what of Geal?” He asked, looking at the White Dragon himself.

“I was…trying to get the Bow from my Daughter but…once again the Black Raven got in my way,” Geal said. “I’ve witnessed with my own two eyes, what the Black Raven is capable of. He coordinated his teammates in working together and attacking me at the same time with coordinated attacks…I didn’t expect this of them.” He declares. “So I was taken by surprise and then right after…I saw a lightning arrow coming towards me…before I could do anything. I was down for the count.”

“And what of your injuries?” Bloodfang asked.

Geal was silent for a moment, hopping Xaio would not tell Lord Bloodfang anything but eventually, he spoke. “It was I who treated his wounds,” Xaio said, his words held no lie, as it was partially true. “I’ve won the dual but they won the battle, it is simple as that my Liege.”

“It seems so, Xaio.” Bloodfang declared with his disappointing tone.

The transaction had been made and Candall earned himself a new kite shield.

“Oi, you interested in hearing our stories?” Norag asked, slamming his drink down. “If yer are…then listen carefully to what I’m 'bout to tell ye.”

Envarus would surely hear of a Blacksmith that was more than capable of doing such requests…

1 Like

Fran takes the time to remove her other undamaged leg and set it aside as she pulls the covers over herself in order to nap.

“Good,” Candall says, and thanks the smith for his work. Candall wanders back to his wife. Marybird resided in the inn, playing softly on her violin.

“We’re gonna need to earn more money,” Marybird tells her husband. “That shield alone cost quite a bit.”

“Hopefully we can find work here,” Candall said. “I’m certain I can put these ol’ bones to good use.”

Ernesto landed near lank so that he could drink from its waters, but was startled by the reflection in the water, “Otsenre,” He growled at the mirror being staring back at him.

Siansa places a tart on Will’s lap, “My name… William… My name is Siansa Aiya Markwood… My mother’s name was Aiya… well before she passed away. My surname Markwood comes from a border village in Dragopia that I lived in. It’s a peaceful place full of people from all races, elves, humans, dwarves… and many more. They’re a small village, populated mostly by farmers… I lived a bit away from village Markwood, deep in the forest in a small cabin. In there I kept this one prized possession, a keepsake from which I learned all I know about my people… it was my mother’s journal. A book she wrote the courses of her life in, on where she documented all sorts of healing magics and spells. How to bind the body together and stop the blood from spilling. How to fuse bone together if it broke. It had every healing magic she ever saw written about in as much detail as she could take note of, some of these spells she wrote down herself and was a practitioner of… In that last third of the book, she detailed her people, the Starwalkers… I remember I used to read that journal from dawn to dusk, then I’d read it again!”

She smiles leaning back, “One story I recall, that my mother wrote, is how my father and her met. Let’s see if I remember… Upon the mount of stone walls, across the valley of green valesthere lies a white drake of good will. He seeks to keep the realm at rest and sees me as no threat.

Siansa smiles repeating the story, “In the glades I built a home with that lizard’s help. He tore down limber and stone and set them on the ground. Here I call my home and here he called his den. Twelves moon passed and I saw the drake again, although this time he took a human form.The dragon confessed his feelings, he told me his heart. He had fallen for the maiden of garnet eyes and of charcoal hair. To him I was the ultimate treasure and no gold could ever fill it. That night we wed and slept, that night I showed him the stars. If I ever see those again, then they shall know my love for him. Once I was afraid of him, but now I am one with him. Geal the white dragon is his name, and my love he will ever be… I wish I could teach him the stars, and I wish I could carry him with me… but I know my Love still has purpose, or my child would not be growing.

She smiles, reciting the story her mother wrote down. “I left that book in my home, in Markwood… we should visit it at some point… it would be nice to show you it… my home. It’s the closest I would get in order to let you meet my mother…”

Tears build up in her eyes, and gently caresses her face as they stream down, falling off her chin. “But-… sometimes it’s really hard… .especially when you miss them so much!”

Ulfr places his hand on Deluge’s shoulder, “Good…”

He sighs getting off the stool placing a few gold coins on the counter. Ulfr begins to walk towards the tavern’s door, “I think it’s time we meet that wolf that the bear and boar will be joining…”

The warrior’s eyes narrow, staring through the doorway. He opens the door and enters the sunlight, “I’m sure they’ve arrived already, so it might be best to make haste!”

1 Like

Envarus goes to him, placing the blade on the table, followed by some gold coins. “I hear you do engraving work.” He says.

“Ernesto! It’s certainly been a while!” Taunted his reflection, “you look well,”

“Cut the crap Otsenre!” Howled Ernesto,“You’ll never be free!”

“But my dear friend, why would I wish to be free when you are me?” Otsenre slyly countered, small waves rippling and distorting his face

“I’m not like you!” He growled in response.

“Of course you are!” Berated the vision," Admit it, you’ve begun to enjoy inflicting pain!"

“Any suffering I cause is necessary and justified. I am a servant of justice!” Ernesto declared

“You are a slave to your primal desires, you are too weak to admit it!” Argued Otsenre.

“I am weak to keep you weak!” Hissed Ernesto,“If I die, you die!”

“You’ll perish in me and I’ll be you!” Shouted the double, with great bravado," One way or another, I’ll take form, and grow beyond this realms meger comprehension! I’ll be more powerful than that pitiful wretch Bloodfang! I will rend this plane asunder and build a better realm! A fun realm! Where the celebration never ends and the screams never die! And who better to run this anarchy than an equally unending host!?! I AM HERE TO STAY!"

“You have no power! You’re nothing but a pale imitation of me!” Ernesto pleaded.

“I am truth!” Otsenre gleefully replied," It is you who is the falsehood! I shall remain long beyond this dream, and transcend reality itself! I am Pure! It is you who is flawed!"

“No! I’ll kill you and end your wickedness!” Ernesto shouted.

“Ha! You are my wickedness!” Otsenre screamed.

“Never! I’ll never be you, foul Demon!” Growled the Dragon, baring his fangs.

“You aren’t strong enough to defeat Bloodfang! You need me to do the job!” Declared the demon.

“I don’t need you to beat him! I’ll overcome all adversity, even you!” Ernesto hissed

“Well then, we’ll just have to see which one of us reaches Bloodfang then!” Cackled Otsenre

“I denounce you and your wretched deeds! Depart from presence feind, depart!” Barked Ernesto, with the only response being a fading cackle.

Deluge coughed in response as they followed him out

Oire finished his drink and stood up.

He left the table and went to go outside. There, he ruffled through his bag of supplies.
“Hmmm… it might grow around here somewhere.”
He closed his bag and approached the nearest person who wasn’t in the party.
“Excuse me, do you might know where Kingsfoil would grow here?”

Ashkey sat on the rooftop of the inn, thinking about what had been happening the past few days. She shook her head. “This is all so crazy. I don’t really know what to do.”

Arriving at the Markets, Aldrich approaches a Merchant and gingerly asked “Excuse me, Do you know where I may be able to find and acquire some exotic animals?

1 Like

Reyna jumped to the side, just barely evading the gout of flame coming at her from behind. She rolls up and turns around to face the giant beast. As she suspected, it was a Dire Hellhound, the scars on which told her it was the same one she’d fought back then. Her memories were starting to flood back to her.

But she had no time to linger on them. She had to fight, or else end up worse than last time. She drew an arrow and knocked it, dodging another blast of fire coming for her, rolling up and shooting, the arrow lodging itself in the hound’s shoulder, but the beast barely even flinched as it rushed at her.

She walked into the field, covered in snow. In it, she saw the beast, gnawing on some prey it had caught. She snuck up in it, her body filled with adrenaline, as she drew and tried to knock an arrow.

Will was gazing at the crystal clear lake, as the sunlight shined on it, reflecting it at Will before he felt something on his lap. The young man looked down and saw that it was a tart before he noticed a soft hand. His view traced up, seeing that Siansa has returned. “Hey…” He said shortly after before taking the tart, holding it with his hands. When Siansa started telling him her name, he rose an eyebrow. Slightly confused as to why she would start a conversation like that but he wasn’t complaining.

He then would thoroughly listen to her, from talking about her real name, and then her mother’s name. Then with her village that was called Markwood and was a border village in Dragopia to Siansa, reciting the story of her mother which she wrote down on her journal. He, of course, would eat his tart every now and then while looking at her and listened in closely especially with the part about her mother’s story on how she met Geal, it was both important to her as it was with him, after all, they were partially family…well not officinal, yet…

After that, when Siansa started to have build-up tears he placed the tart down on the bench and neared himself closely towards Siansa. Suddenly taking her into a strong hug, his hand pressed her face into his chest as his chin rested on her head. He was slowly caressing the back of her head. “It’s okay baby if you need a shoulder to cry on. I’m here…” He said to her with a soft soothing tone.

“You see, I felt the same way when the Dragon attacked. Of course, I’ve saved my parents and sister…but I miss them too, every now and then.” He said as he continued to comfort her. “And honestly, I would love to visit your mother’s place and I would also love if you would visit my place, get to know my parents.” He pulled back slightly, kissing her forehead. “Though I feel like that opportunity will happen sooner or later…after this, we will be heading towards Ippotismos…my homeland.” He declares.

“So, make sure to dress up pretty like today…” He gently stroked her hair, as his index finger, which was slightly curled would whip tears off of her cheeks. “…when I’m going to present you to my parents.” He chuckled slightly. “Though, I’m sure they will be less interested in you impressing her. They know I have good taste and…my sister would love you right away. She is a very friendly person…though we like to tease each other. So she may try to…well…” He looked away. “Make me look like a goofball, unfortunately.” He said that sentence with his lips almost closed, before sighing. “Siblings…what can I say.” He shrugged, before looking back at her, smiling. (@Flux)

The fellow Blacksmith was a Dwarf, as expected. Their craftsmanship was not to be doubted, as the fellow Dwarf stopped hammering a weapon he was currently working on. He glanced at Envarus, the slightly old Dwarf nods. “Aye…” He said, his voice was old but strong. “With what can I help thee.” He walked towards him, taking a towel to wash his hands.

“Somewhere near the agricultural place of Tempus…which is not here exactly.” A young man said. “Just walk down the street, make a right then you will see a Gate. You walk through it and then there is a pathway, that path will lead you to a Park, a large area with a lot of green. And then it should grow your Kingsfoil.”

The Merchant glanced at Aldrich. “Hmm…if you’re looking to hunt one.” He mentioned. “Then you need to go to the Park if you want to buy one. You need to head off to Zazune’s Exotic Animal Market.” The man said.

Enranged, Ernesto thrashed the shallowed waves with his claws.

“Thanks.”
Oire followed the directions given to him, walking towards the park.

Much obliged…” he replied courteously as he headed towards Zazune’s Exotic Animal Market.

“S’pose I can find some small jobs,” Candall tells his wife. “Wonder if they need anyone on hand around here. Just need a wage.”

Candall is going to ask around the bar, to see if there is any work to be had.

“I want this pattern.” Envarus points to the eagle on his armor, “on this blade. Both on the blade, and on the hammer.” He changes the sword to a hammer to demonstrate.

As Oire followed the directions of the young man, he would find himself in the Agricultural Park of Tempus City. There were vast and large fields with tall green glass which were being breezed by the warm wind. He might also notice the vast dark oak wood forest that surrounded some of the place as well as the blazing sun shining brightly on the field of grass, throughout he may find his place to plant his Kingsoil.

Aldrich would see Zazune’s exotic animal market, at first, it looked like a building with a big sign saying “Zazune’s Exotic Animal Market” with the door being opened. The store also had glass windows that gave the viewer a peek into the store itself. If Aldrich proceeded in going inside, he would see an Elf with brown funky hair and a slightly tan complexion. It was with no doubt the Great Zazune himself.

The Receptionist hears his call. “Actually there is no work here to be done…” She mentioned. “However, in the City Center of Tempus. There is a billboard with a lot of quests, from common, uncommon, rare, legendary and last but not least exotic.” She said. “If you wonder what those are, those are the terms we gave to the Quests so that, our fellow Warriors that resign, to help us get rid of threats that may threaten Tempus. Of course, you’ll have to start with common and work your way up there, you will gate plates recording to the corresponding quest.” She explained. “So if you are looking for a way to make money, that’s your best bet for now.”

The Dwarf’s eyes widen as he glanced at the blade which turned into a hammer, the look he gave that weapon. Was a glare that entailed that he knew something about it. “Oy…son.” He calls, before taking the hammer from Envarus to perform said task. “Do you have any idea what kind of weapon you’re holding?” He asked as he undid the hammer form into the sword, quite effortlessly as he placed the blade on the anvil and the hammerhead down to the ground.

“Very well,” Candall replies. He strokes his beard, and decides to get to the City Center, wondering what jobs are to be had.