The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

Meanwhile in Dragopia

“It seems so, Xaio.” Bloodfang declared with his disappointing tone.

Xaio bowed his head down, still being in a kneeling position. “My lord, if I may speak my mind about something…?”

Lord Bloodfang rose an eyebrow, he tilted his head out of curiosity. “Let it be heard,” Bloodfang said, gesturing with his hand.

“Lord Bloodfang, I thank you,” Xaio said as he stood up and glanced the Dragon Lord into his cyan eyes. “I do not mean to defy you with my questions and concerns. But I’ve been having a hard time believing that what we are doing is the right thing.”

Marvon glanced in shook before turning his gaze at Michael. “Continue.” Lord Bloodfang said.

“Maybe we could ally ourselves with these Revolutionaries instead of killing them,” Xaio suggested. “Or find other ways to bring the Kingdoms on our side, instead of blasting them halfway to hell. Like you so did make an example out of Cloudia.” He said. “But what’s been bugging me ever since, is if that is the right thing to do?” He asked.

“Xaio, old friend.” Bloodfang begins. “I realize that my actions haven’t been justified as of late. However, I believe I need to remind you why we are doing this.” He said. “The world is beginning to fall into ruins, without order and only chaos.” Suddenly, the Overlord stood up on his feet and walked towards Xaio, getting close towards the Starwalker.

“The Starwalker Tribe is one of the countries that suffered because of this. Because of the Isotixians who raided and slaughtered your race into extinction. And the Cloudians who refused to help you in your dire call.” He said as he looked down on Xaio. “Perhaps I may not be the best thing this World needs. But I’m at least the only one that wants to act upon it, and even if I have to rule every Kingdom under my iron fist. I will.” He declared. “Because only then, will there truly be peace and we will not end up being in a constant war which will end our world. For I’ve seen things outside the realm of our comprehension, and if we are not prepared for this imminent threat…the world will cease to be.”

Xaio glanced at Lord Bloodfang, slightly confused. “My Lord…do you mean, an outside force is nearing our World with the intent in destroying it?” He asked.

“Indeed.” Lord Bloodfang nods. “But when I tried to explain to the fellow Leaders of their Kingdoms, they didn’t believe me and simply called me a fool and a Mad Man.” He said.

“But my Lord even if that is true…what guarantee do we have you’ll not end up like Vercing?” Xaio asked. “What if this overwhelming power corrupts you?” He glanced at his Lord.

“What if you are already the very thing you are seeking to destroy?”
Lord Bloodfang frowned his expression. “I am not.” He simply stated with a calm tone. “And you better not let those so-called heroes, indoctrinate you with their lies.” He ordered. “And this conversation is final.” He declared as he turned around, his back facing Xaio as he walked towards his throne.

@Flux

@Bramsley

The paws would match the size of the ones Candall was following and the hair Candall found was indeed that of Jeffrey, it would have been wise if he followed that trail.

Suddenly, there appeared a shady form of a man with tattered clothes and hunter robes. His form was rather lean but not too skinny either, his aura had a feeling of mysteriousness filled with dread. Envarus would feel the presence lurking from behind him, should he turn around he would see a 6’2 foot tall man approaching him with a calm walk, his form taking each step, getting closer to the Paladin of the Holy Dynasty though this man couldn’t relate to Envarus’ so-called holy status.

“Oh my, what do we have here…” An old voice, presumingly that this man was old, spoke out as his eyes which were hidden by his hat, glanced at the hunter blade that turned into a hammer. “It’s a weapon, I haven’t seen before in quite some time.” He mentioned. “Tell me, young man. From whom have you required this?” He asked, his tone taking an intriguing one.

1 Like

Very well. Time to follow it.

Candall starts to wonder: this cat got very far from home quickly if the tracks were still as fresh as they are. He hopes that perhaps the cat is not too far from him.

“My group fought a cleric beast where my people, the star walkers, lived before they were scattered.” Envarus begins, “When it died a number of us found new weapons. I was the only one who recieved something like this. I am told it is a hunter weapon. Do you recognize it?”

Aldrich, leaves and heads toward the shop on the opposite side of the street. “Hello? I was told by Zazune that this is where I would be able to acquire paints, do you sell brushes as well?

Reyna used her hands to push off of the oncoming snout, landing behind the beast and firing another arrow at its back.

Reyna tripped and fell onto her back, and the monster lunged to grab her in its mouth.

Xaio knew that what he was about to do, was going to put him in a very risky situation. But he couldn’t deny that everything felt wrong about all of this, about Lord Bloodfang’s conquest and about their objective to kill the Sapphire Owls…it wasn’t right and it didn’t sit well with him at all.

The Starwalker stood up on his feet, his hands clenching into fists, squeezing them hard as he could. His eyes suddenly went all gold without any pupils, he had a frowned and a very angry expression.

“I’m sorry, my Lord,” Xaio said, as his eyes were emitting flames, like a steam dumpster, which was cast in gold. “But I don’t wish to follow you any longer.” He declared as he was prepared to strike Lord Bloodfang down.

Marvon rose an eyebrow as he saw Xaio ready to strike his Lord and Master. “Lord Bloodfang!” He called out as he turned around to see Xaio mid-action. “Watch out!” He shouts as Xaio punched Lord Bloodfang square into the chest and sent him flying into his throne.

“Xaio!” Marvon’s voice boomed. “How dare you strike our master!” He said. “The one that gave you a life! Meaning! Such disobedience and transgression, shall not go unpunished!”

Marvon leaped at Xaio and swung a right hook which Xaio dodged with ease and in return, swung a devastating right punch right into Marvon’s face which then sent him flying across the room.

Lord Bloodfang had a smirk on his face, for Xaio punched him right in the stomach which made the fellow Dragon Lord bleed a little out of the corner of his right mouth. He wiped his mouth and saw the stance of blood on his hand and his smirk turned into a grin, as his eyes glanced at the Starwalker who now was an enemy to Bloodfang.

“Well…well.” He began as he rose on his feet, slowly approaching Xaio. “First, Ufeus, and now you?” He asked. “Oh but I wonder, what kind of other surprises awaits me.” He said before out of nowhere Michael punched Xaio into the jaw, unexpected and at an even faster speed than Xaio’s, it sent him flying into the wall, which was destroyed by the impact.

Bloodfang cracked his knuckles and his neck before getting his cape out of the way, letting it fall on the ground. He wasn’t using his Bloodfang form yet, it would have been too easy if he did so as he takes a fighting stance. “The question is though my dear, old friend,” Bloodfang said.

Xaio got out of the ruble and slowly rose as he eyed his former Lord and Master. “Will you come out alive and live to tell the tale?” He asked as suddenly the two ran at each other and clashed with their fists of fury.

@Flux

Candall would find himself near the forest, and there was this tree. A rather very large tree and he could see the paw prints on it, possibly Jeffrey climbed up there? Even so, a black cat with white paws would come out and sit on a branch while licking his cute little mouth.

“Why are you following me?” Jeffrey asked, and so how could a cat talk? Wasn’t that impossible? Well, it seemed that this Jeffrey was more than meets the eye. “Can’t a cat have fun, mm?” He asked as he was licking his beautiful white right paw.

Herman’s eyes shined with fascination and curiosity. “Oh, you faced a Cleric Beast…” Said the Old Hunter as he glanced at Envarus. “I haven’t heard, seen or faced on before in years…” He spoke as he glanced at the hammer. “This weapon…belongs to a friend actually.” He mentioned as he looked at him. “And yes, I do recognize it.” He nods his head. “But for what reason, are you here?” He asked as the fellow Old Man rose an eyebrow, his curiosity peaked even more.

A fellow young woman stepped out of her chambers, she had long chestnut beautiful long hard, curled up into a ponytail that draped down her right side. Her eyes were a blue color and she had a pale complexion, she was wearing tunic clothes and had a friendly smile on her face.

“Oh, hello there sir.” She greeted her fellow costumer as she approached him. “While, yes I do have brushes and paints for you.” She nods her head. “But tell me, what would it be though?” She asked.

1 Like

Ernesto flew higher and higher into the night sky, looking out into the inky blackness, searching the stars for nonexistent answers.

“Oi, talking little bugger,” Candall said, growing a wide smile. “Nothing to scare ya, little guy. Your owners were worried you wandered off and would never return. Ya wouldn’t do that to 'em, would ya? That would make 'em mighty sad.”

“I was hoping to learn about this weapon,” Envarus says. “And also to learn how to use it.”

Jeffrey rose his eyebrow and whiskered. “Oh, my owners…yes.” He mentioned. “I left for a few hours and…well to be honest. I can’t find my way back.” He said embarrassingly.

The fellow hunter hummed. “How to use it you say…” He mentioned as he gripped a stock. “Perhaps, we could hunt something…” He suggested as he looked at him.

“Need some help with that?” Candall asked. He gestured his fingers for Jeffery to come nearer. “Don’t worry, I’m friendly.”

The creature is hit and the arrow lodges into its hide, as it charges at her.

The Dire Hellhound grabs Reyna and shakes her around in the air, teeth tearing into her side. As she is shaken, she can feel a power growing in her, ready to burst from her forcefully.

Envarus nods. “Lead the way,” he says.

@Flux

@Bramsley

Ernesto might see in the distance a great aurora manifests itself in the night sky. He could also hear two voices arguing with each other, should it interest him he’d have to get closer.

The cat sighed as he dropped down from the tree and walked towards Candall. “Oh well…” He sighed. “Might as well go back home before the old women break a nerve or two.” He said as he glanced up at him. “Come on, lead the way.”

Herman nods as he motioned for Envarus to follow him within the forest as the night sky eventually settled down. “Ah, lookup, an aurora borealis.” mentioned the Hunter as he glanced at the sky. “I haven’t seen one in ages.” He declared. “It is a sign that the hunt will be rich and fortunate.” He said as he looked at Envarus. “You see, Hunters only hunt in the night.” He chuckled weirdly, like an old twisted man before he continued to walk. “This is the only place where you can see the aurora,” Herman said. “Another trait that makes, Tempus City very special.”

“Identify yourselves!” Ernesto shouted into the night, soaring higher and higher.

Candall leads the cat back through his path, going through the allies and following the dirt where it once travelled, until he found the old fence. Candall thought to himself, I’ve seen weirder things in my life before.

Finally, Candall got the cat back to the owners, coming to their door with cat in in his grasp.

1 Like

Envarus looks up, appreciating the beauty. “The sky is amazing.” He says. “You said hunters always hunt at night, why is that?”

Siansa grabs the knife carves out her name on the stone next to Will’s. She stands and smiles.

Siansa turns to Will and looks him in the eyes.
“Hey can you move you’re head down, there’s something in your hair and I want to get it out…”

Something would tell Will that she might be lying about that, but it wasn’t anything he could put a finger on. There was something certainly behind the tone of her voice, perhaps he would just need to find out.

Ernesto would hear two couples arguing, one would have been wrong to say that the stars could only talk in the Starwalker Tribe, the stars were everyone, a dozen, even more than that. And like Siansa told Will. You don’t need magical eyes to hear and feel the stars, as Ernesto would be also a living proof to prove it. The couple would continue to argue, talking about a great prophecy, how there will soon be a new king of the Starwalkers…though there were some murmurs about Lord Bloodfang, having a great conflict…

As Candall walked back towards the house of Jeffrey’s owners, he moved and shifted in Candall’s grip. “Watch it…I’m ticklish.” He said with a pout as when he would have rung on the doors the mother stepped out and she gasped when she saw Jeffrey. She stepped back in disbelief as Jeffrey gave her a big grin. “Hello. I’m back.”

Herman glanced at Envarus. “Oh you really don’t know, do you?” He asked as he chuckled shortly after. The Old Hunter would still lead the fellow young Warrior into the Forest. “We Hunters, are Beast Hunters. And during the night, the creatures of the night appear.” His tone went dark for a moment as if a scary ominous feeling would dawn upon Envarus. “We Hunters used to be many, but now we are only but a few.” He shook his head in disappointment.

@Bramsley

Will glanced at she carved her name into the stone. The thought of them forever being there together, made the Black Raven have a smile on his face. Something which was very rare, but he always appeared to smile around Siansa, wouldn’t he?

Her beloved would turn back to look at her as she turned towards him as well, giving him a look into his eyes. Curious as to what will happen next he arched an eyebrow in excitement, however, the eyebrow would be more in surprise and slight shock as she suggested he should move his head down.

Her argument was that there was something on his head and she wanted to get it out. “Uh, well I could have done it myself but…” He lowered his head in a bowing manner to her Siansa, getting a step closer towards her. “Here you go.” He mentioned.

“Great Intelligences from beyond the stars! Why do you beset me with your interstellar telepathic communications!?!” Ernesto shouted at the night sky, unsure of the meaning of this transmission.