The Cooking Topic

I can’t believe this topic doesn’t already exist, so I might as well make it.
This topic is just for listing your favorite foods and recipes.

###Examples:

Food:
No bake cookies

Recipe: (I’m too lazy to go get my family’s book of recipes, here’s one I found on the internet on the Quaker Oats website.)

That is not an advertisement, I’m listing the website to give credit to it’s creator. Like for real, that’s the only reason I listed the website.

"Ingredients
2 cups granulated sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) margarine or butter
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1/3 cup baking cocoa
3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
Cooking Instructions"

“In large saucepan, combine sugar, margarine, milk and cocoa. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Continue boiling 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in oats*. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Makes about 3 dozen. Let stand until firm. Store tightly covered.”

“Serving Tips: *If using old fashioned oats, cool mixture in saucepan 5 minutes.”

5 Likes

There are several dishes that I enjoy preparing, though my absolute favorite is Sticky Lemon Chicken. Chicken in itself is a highly versatile meat, so the sweetness of the honey and added kick of the lemon play nicely with the rest of the dish.

Another Chicken dish I enjoy is in the form of a Gyro. I wasn’t too big on the taste of Tzatziki sauce at first, but I’ve slowly come to enjoy it.

1 Like

Well, I searched for “Cooking topic” and nothing popped up…

1 Like

Actually we do have one here:

Sometimes it helps to search key terms like ‘cook’.

4 Likes