The Cruel Angel

This one has no backstory, it just came about after I watched (you guessed it) Neon Genesis Evangelion. I hadn’t been moccing for over three months, however, I had bought the Green Ninja Mech Dragon, so I really wanted to use that godly sand green and this seemed to be the right moment. Also, since I was going for somewhat of a Japanese vibe, I had to unearth my Exo-Force collection, which highly improved this moc imho.
All in all, I ended up with something I thoroughly enjoyed building myself :smiley:
Feel free to say whatever you want, everything is always appreciated.

43 Likes

THIS LOOKS SOOO GOOD! The shape, that custom head! But idk why you put that name, this is not an angel at all

This looks great! And @Antroz2007 @Toa_Vladin The name is an anime reference.

2 Likes

It doesn’t remind me of an angel. Like… at all.

@Antroz2007 @TheMOCingbird thanks!
@Toa_Vladin it’s a homage to Neon Genesis Evangelion’s opening song, “A Cruel Angel’s Thesis” (it doesn’t look like an ebraic-christian angel like the angels that appear in the anime do not). Moreover, that’s just an epithet, it’s not its actual name, think of it as for The Shadowed One.

1 Like

Kinda weird, but pretty danged awesome

1 Like

Very interesting MOC. I like that you used a lot of parts in creative ways to achieve diffrent shapes and details. I would suggest swaping the Darth Vader CCBS armor on the back with the one one the arms, since the front of the character will probably be seen more.

1 Like

I don’t know, I tried both ways and this seemed nicer. Still, thanks for everything!!

1 Like

But what’s he studying? Does he have a degree? What field of knowledge? Does he have a thesis?

2 Likes

Now that is a head… sure it’s not one big customized piece

1 Like

The head is what got everything started: I tried many things for almost 2hrs and eventually came up with this idea, making sure it could have all the main features of the entire moc, almost like somewhat of a blueprint for the rest, I’d say.
Btw, thanks a lot! :smiley:

1 Like

I saw the title and was immediately interested.

I wasn’t disappointed, great work.

1 Like

Your effort was definitely seen in the end result

1 Like

really like the mix of ccbs and system. color scheme is cool but a bit choppy

Yeah, I feel the same, mostly for the legs, which I did for last and hadn’t enough pieces with the right colours. Anyway, thanks :smiley:

I legit thought that was the Mantax head piece used as the head until I took a closer look.

I wish I had Mantax…

I’m really loving the build but the colors aren’t quite doing it for me

1 Like

Basically, I took the Green Ninja Mech Dragon’s colours and then added the only pieces I knew I had a ton of: black and white. I kinda like the end result, though I wasn’t paying attention to proper colour distribution throughout the moc (besides head and torso imho)

1 Like

Ah I can definitely understand that position! I’ve been there many a time. But like I said earlier the build is great keep it up!

1 Like