The Dark Portal (Brickonicle Entry) [LDD]

I especially like the brick built villains, but I do think Makuta should have a bigger staff. Other than that, the moc is excellent.

1 Like

As I said before, this is the kind of stuff I want to see for System Bionicle! Absolutely brilliant, really like the action features.

1 Like

What is up with that gold? It looks almost white, and definitely nothing like the pearl gold itā€™s supposed to represent. Not to mention that Pohatu is made entirely from gold for some reasonā€¦ wait, is that supposed to be tan? Because it looks too much like the gold. Not to mention that more of Pohatu should be silver.

ā€¦

Deep breathā€¦

Rant aside, this is really well done! The figures to a good job of being system representations of their models (color aside), and that scenery looks great. If all of G2 was done in this style, I would start collecting in a heartbeat.

Everything looks good especially the trans purpleā€¦ I hope you can upload a LDD file of makuta. that would be cool. 60th like:D

1 Like

This is very impressive, and most importantly; I can see this becoming a legitimate set on shelvesā€¦betting that this will earn a spot in the top three :smirk:

1 Like

I think the strange tan-ish gold color is because Square used metallic/chrome gold instead of warm gold. I think that Pohatuā€™s mask is gold and the rest of him is tan, but the renderer made them look similar.

But why use the chrome gold? I get that some people donā€™t like the pearl gold, but if weā€™re trying to be accurate to the sets, thatā€™s what should be used.

Because the other type of gold looks somewhat ā€œpoopyā€ after render.

Yes, that is true.

nope

edit:

Not really (I donā€™t really plan for it though) -

Not sure what you mean by that, but I already rendered the LDD model toward POV-Ray to give more depth from the images shown.

Do you have a download of this? Iā€™d love to see what itā€™d look like rendered.

This is amazing. Totally would buy this just for Makuta.

Seriously though, that Makutaā€¦

######Can we get instructions?

Oh, I just really love this model, and was hoping to see it intricately from different angles - I didnā€™t realize it was rendered in POVRAY and thought that different render settings might give it a different look.

Seriously really cool, though - I love how you translated the Makuta set into System like this.

3 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have a winner.

Seriously though, really awesome; my personal favorite entry so far. I love the brick-built Makuta especially.

4 Likes

Wow this is great! I have a question for you thoughtā€¦ I have been working on my own version of the dark portal (Prior to seeing/knowing about yours) is it alright if I finish it? Itā€™s a much different take on it. I completely understand if you donā€™t want me to

I have no thought for making an instruction or download file, sorry

I have no control to your creation, just do it if you have the motivation and thought in your time. unlike me

This is REALLY good. However, I personally think Gali would have been a better figure choice over Onua due to story relevance, and maybe Agil could use a different bird mold. But those are just minor nitpicks. Youā€™ve pretty much won the contest lol.

basically add a time switch to this too :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

the only word that comes to mind when I look at this is amazing

Good work, love the Umarak figure.

DUUUUDEE!! That Makuta is sick (And I mean sick in a good way!). I love the build up for Umarak too and the set seems simple yet entertaining and very solidly built. Excellent job on this I think this is the 1st System set Iā€™ve seen thatā€™s made me go, I really want that!

This one is an instant winner. Weā€™re all done for here. Just take my money and produce a real one.