The Dawn Of Bionicle / Mask Of Creation and Mood

Let’s discuss mood and tone, and how each of these videos pretty firmly establishes those for their respective generations.

7 Likes

Is it worth pointing out that in the first one we see thr Vahi?

5 Likes

Yeah, that struck me as rather interesting - If I recall correctly, the Vahi wasn’t released as a piece until sometime in 2003, but this was made sometime in 2000 or 2001. I have heard rumors that it was a prototype Kakama, though, so that may be part of it.

Well there both mysteries… Don’t really no what else to say…

3 Likes

I feel that 'The Dawn of Bionicle" is far more creepy and mysterious than the mask of creation video.

Then again, the mask of creation video has some pretty weird noises in it.

7 Likes

The Vahi was the first mask ever designed, hence why it’s so bizarre.

Both first clips of Bionicle start with a Legendary mask…

G1 = time
G2 = creation
G3 = life?

G3(life) confirmed.

On topic though, The first shows a sense of mystery and beginning as the toa and the franchise arrive. The second is powerful, new, and shiny, like the new toa.

4 Likes

If G1 is time, and G2 is creation, when added together, that would have two parts. Also, things wear down over time, and decay. G3 is life, and the first two, G1 and G2, when added, make G3. But it is still two parts. But it has a three. Three sides. Three angles. Two halves.

Half. Life. 3. Confirmed!

7 Likes

True, and that’s kind of my feeling as well. TDoB is mysterious, creepy, and has a distinctly ancient and weathered look and feel. MoC is less mysterious and not remotely creepy, but still has an aspect of mysticality and magic to it in how the mask is floating, and has a very new, shiny look to it. Both are good, IMO, and each establishes a very different tone from the other while still stemming from the same source.

Heh, and the funny part is that the Mask Of Life was arguable more important in G1. It would make a weird amount of sense if the Mask Of Life was shown in G3’s teaser video, but the Vahi ends up being the most relevant. :smile:

2 Likes

Okay, a few things I just noticed about these teaser-trailers:
In the first one, that head has a Vahi, but I see lots of people have noted that. And in the MoC teaser, I just noticed that chanting in the background. Who knows, maybe that’s the prophecy of heroes that summons the G2 Toa?

4 Likes

Both videos make me feel that there’s more to the story than at first glance. Not quite sure which one I prefer yet.

4 Likes

Remember that promotional bionicle poster where Tahu is holding the vahi, but he is also wearing the vahi

3 Likes

Wait what? As in like he was putting it on or did he just randomly have 2 vahi?

3 Likes

If the vahi was the first mask what did people in metro nui wear

I believe he means in real life :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Maybe the MoCr video is when the Mask is there while the toa were adventuring, while the Vahi video is actually an alternate, post apocalyptic future where they’re all dead, and that’s tahu, buried in the Sand.

3 Likes

That’s depressing…

But thakfully, he appears to have dug himself back out.

7 Likes

That poster is really confusing… Why does Tahu have the vahi before he’s nuva and why is there 2!? (I know it’s because it’s a prototype just find it kinda funny)

5 Likes

when was the vahi ever on mata nui

The whole time… Vakama brought it there and gave it to Tahu during the Bohrok Kal attack.

3 Likes