THE ELITE SIX (BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard, part 2)

That spear tip doesn’t have an axle :scream:

Jokes aside, good work. It is not the color distribution that I want, but they do look well. I would recomend increase the saturation in Kualus to make him look more blue. Since they haven’t confirmed any entry yet, I think you are free to make all the changes that you consider necesary.

6 Likes

An entry which goes by one of my masks ? You got my gratitude, and my vote

5 Likes

This is a great entry, lovely art and good job keeping the original color scheme. It’s either that or 6/1 for me :laughing: Best of luck!

2 Likes

I like how you kept the metal colors the same! The spear tip for Pouks is fascinating. It’s better than the original Cragger piece

1 Like

Thank you, it really is an awesome mask!

Thank you so much for entering! Unfortunately, we’ve detected an issue regarding adherence to the contest rules. The current version of your artwork is missing the shields from both Kualus and Iruini, which constitutes a significant omission from the original models. In addition, Gaaki’ eyes (and by extension the heartlight as well) need to match the eye color of the original model. If you could please add the shields and correct the eye color within the next seven days, your entry will be fully accepted and move on to the polls!

1 Like

This is ridiculous, I finished my entry months ago, even before the original deadline was extended, no one, absolutely no one said anything about the shields or the eyes, had the deadline not been extended it would have advanced to the polls, and now out of freaking nowhere I have to go back and fix these “issues”, the eye colour is an easy fix but the shields require to change the composition of the art piece, I mean where exactly do you want me to put kualus’ shield, and I don’t understand why Iruini’s shield is necessary. I will fix the eye colour but the shields I can’t promess I will be able to make them. This is absurd.

6 Likes

Ttv’s contests have been handled in the worst way imaginable. I wish the whole thing would just be put out of its misery.

9 Likes

do you have any ideas on how to improve them then?

1 Like

Yea that’s what the putting it out of its misery part means

7 Likes

Agreed, this is some nonsense, in two months no one told me “hey man there is this issue” I was one of the few that finished before the original deadline this is really unfair.

7 Likes

In the interest of being constructive, I will point out that, per the rules, the shields can be attached to the Toa’s back. That would likely be the easiest way to have them shown without having to massively redraw the piece.

10 Likes

To add to my fellow auditor’s response, the reason why you were not notified before is quite simple - the auditing process only started recently for all of the entries. All entrants are being handled fairly and equally under the same rules. The omission of shields breaks the following rule:

4e. Artwork cannot significantly modify the aesthetics of the original MOC, either by omission or addition, and must follow the color scheme of the original MOC as closely as possible. For example, additional limbs or significant color shifts would not be allowed.

6 Likes

Per TheJerminator’s response to Blue’s entry:

I have to ask, why ask for Iruini to be fixed as well when Blue was not asked to fix either Iruini or Norik, even though neither of their shields are shown there? If it is because Norik and Iruini are not an issue, then why ask for it of B3njix? If it is because they could still be holding their shields in their other hands, which are out of frame, can’t the same be said of B3njix’s Kualus here?

5 Likes

I thought we were judging the mocs here not iruini or norik, since you know they are not MOCS. I remember the rules especifically said somewhere that artwork did not had to be full body renders, that is why I didn‘t include kualus’s left arm, and we already know how the shield looks anyway

1 Like

I have seen other Art Entries where limbs and entire chunks of the MOCs have been blocked due to the positioning of characters in a scene or due to background details/objects and yet they haven’t been called out. Would that be considered an omission of parts in that case? The Artist here is not intentionally omitting parts of the MOC in order to significantly alter the aesthetic. It is simply the way the artwork was composed.

8 Likes

Not all entries are being notified at the same time, so if there are some entries which you think need some adjustments, it is quite possible they will be notified eventually.

1 Like

It’s the same shield as the others, how is this even omitting a detail? any person would be able to tell what kualus’ shield looks like from context clues.

Not to mention the fact that this art doesn’t show them from the knees down, arguably a far greater ommission, so why is the shield an issue if the legs aren’t?

Who are these rules for?

8 Likes

If you look at the rules it says:
“ We encourage entrants to illustrate full-body renders of the group, however it will not be mandated.”

So what has that suddenly change? Am I going to get the hammer because I didn‘t show their legs? In that case many entries should be desqualified.

6 Likes

Explanations of the other decisions are coming, but we want to make it clear right now that the legs are not an issue.

5 Likes