The First Look of Jared Leto as The Joker for the upcoming Suicide Squad

I’m not a fan of the design or what I have currently seen of his character’s portrayal.

I found his theme.

So… a lot has happened.

Apparently, the image with the tattoos was knocked off as being only a “celebration of the Joker’s 75th anniversary”, and thus should be considered non-canon…

And now, we have on-screen pictures of Joker with the tattoos. Sorry, comic book purists.

Also, Harley Quinn is looking fantabulous, if I do say so myself (rawr). And, um, while we’re talking Suicide Squad members, the Prince has made the transition to Uncle Phil (but still looks amazing; tell me if you got that reference), and, uh, Killer Croc is stupidly lame.

That’s all I have for now.

1 Like

-shudders- Yeah, other than the awkward phrasing, I agree she looks alright.

4 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue: What, my use of the word “fantabulous”, or my use of the exclamation “rawr”?

@Jakura_Nuva
The ‘Rawr’ mostly :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, Joker has a car… that’s a thing now…

3 Likes

Yeah, I saw that! I’m kind of on the fence about how they’re portraying this new Joker… but the Joker with a cool car is pretty snazzy either way.

2 Likes

Hello, I’m Killer Croc; I was modeled after that big guy in Guardians of the Galaxy
IMHO^^^

No no no, my friend. See, creating Drax’s appearance using only makeup/body paint effects makes sense - all Drax really was in the comics was a brutish, tattooed humanoid alien. But, on the other hand, here’s what Killer Croc looks like in the comics (well, this is one artist’s portrayal):

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/44/Killer_Croc_(THE_JOKER'S_ASYLUM).jpg/230px-Killer_Croc_(THE_JOKER'S_ASYLUM).jpg

And here he is in the new movie:

I can accept the way the Joker looks, but this downsizing/modernizing of Croc just isn’t working for me.

7 Likes

That’s a picture of Killer Croc, correct?

Yeah.

My point, he doesn’t look like Killer Croc; or in any case a normal croc! He looks like a guy in makeup.

1 Like

Oh. I thought you were saying both the character and appearance of Killer Croc were essentially trying to mimic Drax.

1 Like