The Gift of the Magikarp (A Christmas Pokemon Parody)

So pretty much this is the result of me watching too much of the Pokemon show and being exposed to the games for such a long time. On the upside, I’m writing this parody for the holiday season. It will be more of a short story, but with chapters. So here we go.

Chapter 1

The snow piled up in a lumped, mashed-potato-like fashion onto the streets and fields of the Kanto Region. It was just two days until Christmas, and the people of the town put up their lights, and use so much electricity that even Zapdos and Pikachu would be jealous. Of course, the kids were excited that Delibird was finally going to come and hand out presents to them during the night.

Sam, however, wasn’t going to rely on Delibird. No, he needed to buy a gift for his girlfriend, Puce. He was walking around Route 16, dragging his feet in the snow. Nobody was around. Good. He didn’t want any trainers to confront him. Behind the trees stood a huge department store in Celadon City. Behind that was a sheet of white. The building itself looked faint and grey in the background.

It was quite chilly outside. His breath became a cloud that blew away after each breathe. The pellets of snow slowly packed itself into the ground, making a sweeping sound. The trees were iced with snow like a cake with vanilla frosting.

All this imagery is making me hungry, Sam thought. He decided to take a stop near a bench to take some food out of his backpack. It was a simple peanut-butter sandwich. Nothing too special, really. It reminded him of his mother. What were her last words to him again? “All boys leave home someday. It said so on TV.” Such powerful words.

Shuffle shuffle. Sam looks up at the sound of the shuffling. He looks around. He sees nothing. Is it a wild Pokemon? he thought. It can’t be. I’m not in any tall grass. So it had to be someone else: a trainer.

Hurriedly, Sam got out one of his pokemon. He grabbed his Fearow off of his belt, and looked around.

“Prepare for trouble!” “And make it double!”

Oh no, Sam thought. Not team rocket…

A woman with long, purple-red hair with tons of jell stood out in the snow with some inappropriately short and revealing clothes. She was joined with a guy with blue-violet hair and a meowth.

“To protect the world from devastation…” the woman started smoothly.

“To unite all peoples from our nation…” the man continued with his deep voice.

“To denounce the evils of truth and love!” the woman said with a smile.

“To extend our reach from the stars above!”

“Jesse!” the woman said.

“James!” the man exclaimed.

“Surrender now, or prepare to fight!” The two Rocket Members grinned and side-hugged with large, triangular smiles and lowered brows. They looked like creatures of pure evil. Then the Meowth jumped from behind them. “Meowth! That’s right!”

“That’s nice, I guess,” Sam said. He threw his Pokeball down on the ground with much force, and with a beam of energy, a Fearow popped out. Jesse smiled.

“That’s the best you got?” she asked with her smooth deep voice. She really did sound like a stereotypical villain. She pulled a Pokeball off of her belt and summoned Ekans.

“Fearow! Use FLY!” Sam yelled at the top of his lungs. The fearow flew into the air while Jesse’s Ekans lunged, but just fell on it’s face. Then the Fearow pointed it’s sharp peak toward the ground and made a steady, bullet-like path toward the ground to attack Ekans.

Ekans was struck by the knife-like beak of Fearow. It fainted as a result of the Fearow. “Augh! That stupid Fearow! James, do something!”

James stumbled over his words as he tried to act quickly and pull out his Pokeball containing Koffing. Koffing smiled and let out his toxic gas at Fearow. Fearow, of course, was afflicted by the poison and began to weaken. Sam was no foolish trainer, however. He returned Fearow and got out his Wartortle to go against the Koffing.

“Wartortle, use Water Pulse!” Sam’s hands clenched as he saw the Wartortle bring a blast of water to the hovering, unsuspecting Koffing. Koffing was engulfed by a stream of water, and he fainted.

Jesse smirked at the defeat of Koffing. Sam’s eyes squinted to focus on Jesse.

“What’s the big idea?” Sam asked. “I defeated you in battle. I’m expecting a little bit in consolidation for wasting my time.”

“You’re not going to get anything little boy,” Jesse laughed. Suddenly, Sam’s head was pounced on by Meowth, falling toward the ground and getting knocked out.

“The plan surprisingly worked!” Meowth cried in exclamation.

“Yeah, now let’s steal some of his Pokemon,” James said with excitement. They walked over to the weakened body of Sam, who was fast asleep. They clipped all of the Pokeballs off of his belt.

“So where are we gonna store all of these?” James asked. “I don’t expect Meowth to carry all of them.”

“You’re right, James, which is why I’m going to make you do it.”

Sam began to open his left eyelid just a little as he saw the knees of Jesse and James in the snow as they argued. “Uugh…”

“Uh oh, he’s awake again!” After hearing that voice, Sam sees James scramble to get up, and he lands a good kick into Sam’s face. Sam sees nothing but black.

That’s about it for Chapter 1. I’d love some feedback.

1 Like

I’m going to guess this story is the Pokemon version of The Gift of the Magi. As always the story is a great read, and I can’t wait to see where it goes. Criticism wise I think you should describe Sam and Puce in greater detail since they will be the main characters.

Just need to fix that.

1 Like

I will get to that. Do not worry. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This doesn’t sound like a line Meowth would say

Otherwise, I think it’s pretty swell. :slight_smile:

1 Like