The Great Debate: Goku vs Superman

It’s not about who’s better. It’s about who could win in a fight. and it’s 100% Superman. The guy’s been taught how to fight by Batman. He’s got unbelievable strength behind the martial art skills of a Robin. He can lift the weight of the Earth for 5 days straight.And if he’s losing, he can just fly into the sun and be basically omnipotent. He’s almost as fast as the Flash (base version, without Speed Force). and he can survive in the vacuum of Space. What exactly does Goku have that can match any of that?

1 Like

I know, but I’m biased. Goku could probably just snap Superman’s neck anyways. /s

1 Like

when did he do all that?

I’d like to point out that Goku could go at light speed in a fight. Or atleast his speed is a factor. Then again Supe’s just needs to endure Goku’s barrage

All of that comes from the comics. The Earth thing was from the New 52, as was the trained by Batman thing, while the speed thing comes from Pre-53, but his speed hasn’t been changed since.

as for Goku, that’s unlikely. Sure, Supes would feel the punches, but they couldn’t take him down. the man’s tanked a nuclear blast. he can handle Goku

I’m neutral

but I’ll take devil’s advocate and defend Goku

Goku, in his current form, before and after God power from his new ‘super saiyan god’, has planet buster level power. Using his energy, he could destroy enemies, though he could run out. Otherwise, he is able to use instant transmission to teleport.

However, to be fair if Goku was stronger then Supes, he’d be naive and/or lower his power to supe’s Level. If he was weaker, however, he’d try his best not to destroy the planet they’d be on while trying to take Supe’s down.

Consider that some of the characters of Dragon Ball, especially the main characters and the villains in Z/latter half of Dragon ball have planet-buster levels of power…

though then again Supe’s probably has too, right?

1 Like

I don’t think that either of them would win. I think that Tahu would win.

slash ess

3 Likes

Goku will always win because superman is a scrub with crap writers.

First off, that’s a huge exaggeration. Superman’s had some awesome writers, such as Jeph Loeb and Geoff Johns.

Next, can you give a legitimate argument as to why and how Goku would win?

Also, if Superman doesnt have good writers, wouldn’t that make him more powerful?

1 Like

you’ve clearly never seen a match of Salty Bet.

always bet on DBZ

1 Like

And you clearly know nothing about what Superman can do.

1 Like

Super vision, ability to lift weight in the trillions of tonnes, flight, sonic speed, ability to breathe in outer space, and then the goofy powers of the pre-crisis supes and what you mentioned about 52 Supes

I ain’t a Super Man expert, but I know the general specs.

question tho: Can he go lightspeed and/or destroy a planet?

The fact that american comic book universes are so pointlessly complex is the reason that Goku wins by default.

There wasn’t no 52 nonstop infinite crisises in DB/DBZ.
There’s only one Goku, but like nonstop infinite pointless AU supermen.

I only need to point out from what saga for Goku.

I need to specify which superman from whichever BS timeline, from whichever BS AU, and then specify if that superman was defeated by another BS superman, from another BS timeline, on another BS AU.

true winner is still Waluigi

WAH

Also superman is blander than an uncooked slice of bread

1 Like

The arguement for Superman usually includes his main powers from the main Supermain, AKA basically any ability from any popular Superman that isn’t some sorta alternate Superman.

Though we could never go Pre-Crisis. Superman had the ability to sneeze and destroy the universe

Why do we call him Superman again? He’s beyond being a man at that point.

1 Like

pre-crisis Super Man had all shorts of wacky and insane powers

post crisis sorta has his usual powers

dunno about 52 superman.

heck he and Goku aint even human

Here is how a battle with Superman would go:

• [Random Character]: Fight me, Superman!
  • Superman: OK.
    Superman then flicks him/her on the head, destroying every single atom in their body.

Superman is literally as Over-powered as it can get. He has a variety of powers and technically cannot die, but does that make him a good character? No, not really.

He is a character that really cannot lose, so how can we really grow to like him as a character? We’ve seen countless amounts of hero(ine)s defeated in battle a whole bucket full of times, showing their weaknesses, but with Superman, The amount of times he was in true danger could probably be counted on your hands.

Interesting points!

Just to throw a spanner in the works, i’ll remind you that while Superman is strong and nigh-invincible, Goku is infinitely faster (He can use instant travel in battle, as shown in one of the films, which is, instant. not ‘lightspeed’ (mistranslated) but instant.

OTOH, as seen in the death battle, Goku is more likely than not going to destroy/remove any kryptonite from the area, as to fight superman Mano-el-mano.

Happy debating!

1 Like

Oi boss, we’re using the current Super Man, who can’t destroy a planet easily. Or 52 Superman. Either way we’re NOT counting PRe-Crisis Superman

Just the Superman appearing in the current DC comics. Similarly, just Goku from the current saga. New 52 is a different discussion entirely, although I didn’t think the base Superman from that was any different from the regular.

1 Like

Cal said Supe’s from 52 has martial arts training and training from Bat’s…