Mata Nui Rising [Lego Ideas Project]

That’s amazing how the entire model is recontextualized just by a having different head. It looks wonderful!

3 Likes

Glad to hear that such a minor change has improved it in people’s eyes.

It’s surprisingly difficult but I suppose I can give it another go.

:smile: :gregf: :+1:
Hopefully can actually post the update today.

2 Likes

The update is posted, I’ll add more photos to the main slide soon. Would love to hear your thoughts on the latest face design and the plaque.

Wouldn’t it be awesome if this achieved support by Bionicle day? :flushed::sunglasses: It could be possible…

3 Likes

LOVE IT! Totally agree how the head recontextualizes the whole thing, it was like the final piece to the puzzle. Fantastic job!

Also: looking at the body again, still in awe at the insane detail throughout that really captures the robot. The tubes attached to the torso pistons, for instance- it’s just super impressive and captures the character in an incredible way. And, 10 years ago before Bionicle G1 ended, this level of detail could not have been attained- there are so many more recent parts that really help bring the character to life.

I agree w/ @SomeBionicleFan23 , if at all possible a little Mata Nui island would be a great extra thing. Maybe it could be attached by the studs on the sides of the head? Or maybe not actually attach but just “slide on” to fit snugly between the eyes/nose? But if you can’t manage it, the model is still incredible without it.

I do feel like the base plate is extraneous and thus unnecessarily adds more parts (making what would be an expensive set more so). And it’s the kind of deep lore-specific thing like Sokoda’s amazing set that, Bionicle fans like us absolutely love, but lacks significance to casual fans and non-fans who might still be interested in your awesome giant model. But Tren Krom is always fun.

Again, awesome job!

2 Likes

I saw a new update!

It’s really, really, really amazing.

Why did only 5,700 people vote for this? We need to vote more on this. We need more people.

I’d like to have extra trans-red piece in this set for robot’s head.
for we can make version that tari took over matanui’s body.

2 Likes

I don’t know sadly. I think some people were put off by the first version of the face and blinded by their nostalgia for 2001 alone. Plus the price is a now a relevant issue, also humans are lazy lol.

Yup, if you know any untapped groups, surely tell them! At this point I think I’ve reached most English speaking people, or atleast those who care. *cough 30,000 redditors are too lazy to vote
So especially if there is any other language groups that would be great to reach them!

I had that in the old version, I’ll add that to this latest version as well.

Thank you all for you input, it really gives me ideas about what works. :smiley:

3 Likes

Just found this, and I’ve got motivation for another bionicle ideas set. Supported, and spreading. Idk how much it’ll help, but I’m going to help as much as I can

3 Likes

So far I seem to have got 4 votes from your promotion and that is awesome!
As of recent most days I only get 2 or so supports so any increase is great. Seeing as nearly 6000 have supported, if everyone who has voted just shared with 1 friend or group, the goal would easily be met.

I’m late, but the new head looks great!

2 Likes

If this were a set, I would buy this.

1 Like

I’m late responding, but that is heartwarming praise coming from someone of your skill. Thank you.

Me too. Then again as the creator I believe I would receive ten free copies…

As per usual, and this goes out to everyone, if you want this set to have a shot, share this. We are nearly at 6000, if everyone who has voted shared with friends, it would easily get to 10,000.

4 Likes

February 2022 Update

Hello again Boards, I’ve posted an update (Pending approval by Ideas Moderators) and have renamed the project to Mata Nui Rising, as a tribute set for Bionicle.

One thing that had bothered me was that I had left the cover still with the old face which was pretty ugly so I’m glad to have finally changed that along with the fingers.

We are now over 7100 votes, thanks again to those who have taken the time to vote and thank you to those who have shared the project around!

The review in May is the goal and I really hope to reach that, it’s been pretty tiring advertising it and bugging people about it but I strongly feel a one off tribute would be a great send off for Bionicle and the GSR (with the added flair of official designers) would make for a fantastic display piece with plenty of character from posing.

11 Likes

That new head is great!

also nuuuuuuuu the sussy fingers are gone

2 Likes

Thanks, it’s the same barring two pieces which were not available in dark-gray.

No the sus is still there, just hidden :shushing_face:

Really happy to have had approximately 70 new supporters over the last couple days, it’s really encouraging. Although once again it’s difficult knowing where else to rally support.

I have this render lying around and am tempted to make a We Need You poster for people to use?

6 Likes

Absolutely incredible design. Do you know how sturdy a physical model would be?

The thumbs are still sussy

Absolutely incredible comment

The grind will be worth it boyo

I don’t want to know-
I have tried my best to eyeball it and I can tell you it won’t fall to pieces but some of the joints may be weak e.g. the arm may not hold it’s pose. Areas like the waist and knees that especially needed strength I have tested irl and I believe would be sturdy enough…although I would not hold him in such a way that the waist was having to carry a lot of weight.

5 Likes

That’s the problem with not build in real life, can’t really test that kind of stuff

I did not have the money to buy the pieces especially when I was developing the idea. Maybe now I could but honestly I’d rather prioritise other Lego things like my Vintage town.

Oh also:
LEGO IDEAS - BIONICLE - Toa Tahu Awakens

Y’all should support this as well, one of the most plausible, functional and aesthetically pleasing ideas being promoted, however it has not got many votes.

6 Likes

I just checked this project on ideas, it looks awesome though im not sure if those two hau masks are a good idea, i doubt that there are molds available for this even if it was STARS version.

3 Likes