The Last Resistance (Earth)

Marissa stares at him blankly. “Okay, you lost me. Why are you talking about planets?”

“I’m talking about Alchemy. Watch.” He holds his hand out to the ground, and she could see the Psynergy spirals if she was attuned to Psynergy in any way. “Growth.” He says, and a little sprout shoots out of the ground. “See?”

OOC: And don’t worry, non-adepts will eventually be able to see all psynergy if they’re exposed to it enough, like what happened with Eoleo oh wait only jay knows who that is

1 Like

OOC: no I don’t; I got stuck at the beginning of lost age

IC: “So you’re into extreme gardening. That’s nice.”

“Venus does more than that.” He said. “No matter, if we stick together you might see eventually.”

OOC: If you want PM me and I might be able to help you through.

Marissa shrugs. “Can’t argue with that. I might need a name though; I don’t travel with strangers.”

Speaking of planets, a large rift in the sky opened, and an armada of large, black spaceships appeared overhead. “nahn Xir’algath.” (we are the Xir’algath) a voice boomed from the sky. “'iinana numahid altariq litashkil mustaqbal 'afdal lishaebina , wayajib 'an yakun lak , nahn ‘abna’ al’ard , alfiel alnabil almutamathil fi taslimih lana. ‘iidha takabadat eana’ alqital , satueani min mawt mulim wafuri. aistaslam bisalam , wasawf taeish tawilaan bma yakfi liashhid tadmir al’ardi. 'iimaa wsy , kunt maqdirat lilmawt.” (We are making way to shape a better future for our race. And you, people of Earth, shall have the noble deed of surrendering it to us. If you bother fighting back, you shall suffer a painful and instant death. Give up peacefully, and you will live long enough to witness Earth’s destruction. Either way, you are destined to die.)

Mars glances skyward. “Anyone speak alien?” she quips, drawing her swords once more.

“Jeff” He responds. “And what did he just say? I don’t understand gibberish.” He starts slinking away. “But maybe we should start moving.” He said.

1 Like

Small, black objects that resembled spikes rained do from the ships and towards the ground.

“Great plan, Jeff.” She strides after him, swords swinging at her sides.

Jeff began to run. "This doesn’t look good!’’

She jogs after him, casting a glance over her shoulder. “I mean, I wouldn’t say it looks bad, per se… maybe a nice shade of mediocre?”

“Ditto!” Justin shouted as he ran blindly. He suddenly saw a crowd of people quickly entering a structure through a hatch. “Maybe we can wait this out in there.” He said, pointing to the hatch. Nearby, one of the black objects landed, and a swarm of black nanobots crawled out.
“Screw this! Feel free to Come or not!” Justin shouted to the others as he ran toward the hatch.

@jayzor17
@Runa
The nanobots swarmed towards Marissa and Jeffrey.

Jeff ran to the hatch. “Down we go!” He says.

As the group descended down the hatch, they could hear screams of people as they were attacked by the nanobots. A voice boomed from the sky. “'iisqat almuhfaz…” (Drop the catatlyst)
@jayzor17
“C’mon!” Justin yelled to Marissa from the hatch.

Marissa leaps through the hatch, landing agilely on the other side.

As the hatch was about to close, a large figure ripped the lid open with its brute strength. It was a Xir’algath warrior.

It was an oily black, muscular creature, with tentacles sprung from its back. It had spikes and bone protrusions sticking out from random parts of its body. The Xir’algath had sharp, bright white teeth and claws. However, the most defining aspect of the Xir’algath warrior was the chrome mask that it wore, just as every Xir’algath had worn. It was the exact same mask the the Gamemaster had worn. The Xir’algath roared. “la 'ahad yuhribu! yjb ealayk halakan!” (Nobody escapes. You shall perish!)

The Xir’algath took out a large gun and aimed it right at Justin. “Uh oh!” he said as the Xir’algath warrior shot a large laser beam at him. Justin’s amulet glowed and his body became transparent as the beam harmlessly passed through his body. He then scrambled up the ladder and attempted to close the hatch before the Xir’algath could get in. “Could use a little help!” Justin shouted to Marissa and Jeff. (@Runa)

Jeff held up his hand and cast another attack. “Ragnarok!” He calls out, and a giant sword of orange-ish energy forms in the sky and falls at an angle towards the assailant.

OOC: This is a general idea of what Ragnarok looks like

Also, a working gif of what I was looking for earlier. The rings going around the boy are what happen around Jeff’s forearm.

1 Like

The Xir’algath shrieked as it was struck by Jeff’s sword. It’s hand had been partially sliced through, and Justin slammed the hatch shut, completely severing the hand from its body. The hand dropped to the floor, curling up into a gnarled claw. Justin breathed a sigh of relief. He was caught off guard by a sudden boom that knocked him on his butt. The accompanying flash of light was so bright, it penetrated through the bunker. The roof of the bunker rattled, threatening to break beneath the heavy amount of force. Everyone in that bunker knew that if the hatch had been shut only a second later, they would have been disintegrated by a giant bomb.

“Well then,” Justin sat down on the sandy floor. “Looks like we’ll be here for a while. Anyone up for a game of charades?”

3 months later…
@Runa
@jayzor17
Everyone had been down in the bunker for some time. During that time period, the radiation from the bombs had completely transformed the lanscape. Most of the people in the bunker objected to leaving and investigating, too afraid of what could be waiting for them out there. So, all in all, those 3 months were boring as balls. Today, Justin, Jeff and Marissa sat down at a table, eating bowls of slop that just barely passed as food. For a while, they ate in awkward silence…

Jeff stood up. “That’s it. I’m tired of being penned up like sheep.” He said, breaking the silence.