The Lego Store Near Me Sucks

In the state I live in there is only one lego store. I thought I could go and pick up some of the new bionicle summer sets. I thought that they would have it, since they are the lego store…

I arrived at the store and found the shelf of bionicles. There was only about 9 different sets there, only 2 from this year. I asked one of the clerks and she said they aren’t going to be carrying the new sets, and that they are going to stop selling bionicle after they sell these sets. She could tell I was disappointed, and offered me a coupon for free shipping at the lego store.

I had a backup plan if they didn’t have the sets. I’d get the ccbs general grievous figure. He had some cool tan pieces that I didn’t see in bionicle. He had 4 of those leg armor pieces on his arms. Unfortunately they didn’t have any of those either.

The clerk said she’d check in back to see if they had any extra. After finding none she suggested that some customers try to find sets at the barns and noble in the same mall.

I left the store and went to barns and noble. They didn’t have the new sets, not that I expected them to. They did have general grievous, and I saw another person looking through the legos as well. He was from the lego store, he said he was looking for a wall-e set (which he found). I told him about finding general grievous, and joked that a bookstore has more legos than the lego store.

I looked at the price 35$. 5$ more than regular, but I didn’t want to go home empty handed. I got the set and went home.

I still plan to get the new bionicle sets, but I’ll probably order them online. I looked at the coupon the clerk gave me.

It expired in 2014.

7 Likes

yea.

try being in a super-small town, where the biggest bionicle selection is at a K-Mart which is going through liquidation.

Target has none

Walmart has none

the nearest Toys-R-Us is about 30 minutes away, and our car is crap

We have no bookstores

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Lego Store Experiences

Around me, walmarts are only really stocking Star wars, City, and princesses, occasionally some other stuff. We don’t even have a lego store so I rely on target which is a decent bit away. Eh, bricklink has gotten me every part I could want though.

2 Likes

prpl is worst mod confirmed

we’ve got this topic over here for this sort of discussion:

2 Likes