The limits of mask powers

But I assume opening dimensional gates would require more focus then quick travel…

Sudden thought:

Is a Kakama Nuva the same, in terms of powers, as an Kualsi?

Maybe, but I believe it allows you to teleport too, and you don’t have to see where you’re going. I just wish the Olmak wasn’t so… wide.

No, I just said that’s not what it does.
Read the post before replying.

Well, kinda, I guess, but with a Kakama Nuva, you have to get to there physically, whereas a Kualsi lets you skip the area inbetween. However, a Kualsi can’t get you past a stone wall.

It allows its user to mimic the powers of Rahi that share their general environment, not their element.

If you look at the description on Noble version.
“Noble version would let its user copy the powers of Rahi that share their specific environment (only desert Rahi as opposed to all land Rahi).”
I don’t think there’s Toa of Desert though.

Talks about reading before posting :wink:

To look for in-story confirmation, had Lesovikk ever used his Faxon?
That’d show us how it works. If it gives him air Rahi power, then you’re right.
If he used water Rahi ability in the Pit or something from nearby Rahi, then I am.

Hmm, seems the wording is vague. It could be either one. I even checked BS01.

Also, in retrospect, my post could be misinterpreted, so sorry for telling you to read it again
Edit: Lesovikk never used his mask.

3 Likes

So just out of curiosity how many shapes does the Hau come in? I have my Bionicle 2.0 self-MOC with Surge’s 1.0 Hero Factory mask and was wondering if that could be a shape of a Hau.

As far as I know, any mask can look any way you want, except maybe the legendary Kanohi. Norik’s mask was shaped like a Kiril, so it seems possible.

Excellent

Maybe Teridax should have tried this out. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I would have laughed so hard if he’d ever just said “screw it!” and nuked mata nui. I mean, with all that power and intelligence, he probably could. But I’m just imagining Vakama being like, “Gathered friends… we’re hosed.”

5 Likes

ROTFL at that

1 Like

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA… HA.

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you, I’ll be here all week

1 Like

Tahu’s Hau will eventually run out of power, I believe.

Pretty sure that’s incorrect. His Hau should be able to run as long as he can concentrate.

(in fact the only mask I can think of having a timer is the Woltrak, and that was something I made, not canon :P)

1 Like

Didn’t Krika say in Swamp of secrets, something about them waiting for his shield to go off?
Ah Yes
flips open bionicle book I definitely didn’t have close at hand

“How long can you maintain that shield? An hour? A day? And when it falls…”
So I guess he could, but it seems that the time limit would be about as long as a person can concentrate.

1 Like

I believe that has to do with him running out of Mask energy and having to recharge. Kinda like how Nuju ran out of elemental power in Trial by Fire.

1 Like

Key word there being maintain. Theoretically it could either rely on his concentration or on his own energy to sustain the shield.

3 Likes

Krika should have told a joke or done a funny dance to make him loose concentration. Tahu will be all like,
“Ahh! A dancing spider ghost thing!”
Then Krika could just kill him or something when he inevitably looses focus.

Sign me up for the brotherhood Teridax, I’m ready!

1 Like