The Matoran Pantheon

Oh, I’m not proposing the fear. I’m still trying to figure out how that would work.

Duty and justice are very similar. They fear him in a sense where:

“If you steal those cookies, Makuta will come and take you to Karzahni!”

It doesn’t, that’s my point. The new idea you proposed does though.

1 Like

That’s what I meant, not:

“Help! Our village is being destroyed by the evil makuta!”

Well, I’m glad to have FINALLY contributed something that makes sense in G3.

1 Like

Still makes no sense. Justice and Duty are not the same. Duty is doing something out of moral obligation. Justice is administering the appropriate punishment (or reward) for a given action. One is active, the other is reactive. You can’t use the word Duty in place of Justice, it is like using Apple to describe a Banana, both are fruits but they are not the same.

Maybe, just spitballing here, but maybe even in essence, he’s not evil in G3. He wants to protect his Rahi creations, but it is the Kraata and his the Brotherhood of Makuta that make him seem evil.

Also plausible, but still doesn’t fix the Duty/Justice issue.

And he does want the island cleansed, in a way, but the Brotherhood blows it completely out of proportion, to the point where even Makuta can’t stop it. And that could be the closing of the line could be the three brothers, along with Voriki, coming down to the island to save the universe from the almost now-all-powerful brotherhood!

Yes but if someone is the Great Powerful God of Bananas it is assumed he also has some power over plantains.

1 Like

Huh. Thanks!

Not really. Also, still wouldn’t give thm power over apples.

1 Like

I removed the fear as it was too confusing.

I read the new version of it, and it still doesn’t describe duty. It is a very good description for justice, but not duty. Really it’s very obvious that you only made him the God of Duty as a forced reference to The Three Virtues, and is just as bad as the forced references in G2.

Think of it like this, Duty and Justice are Fruits. They are very similar except used in different situations. Makuta is the god of these things.

Unity and kindness are vegetables. They are very similar except used in different situations. Ekimu is the god of these things.

Destiny and Prophecy are beans. They are very similar except used in different situations. Mata Nui is the god of these things.

Understand?

By that definition Makuta is the God of Law.

But the problem here is that fruits really aren’t all that similar, just in the same classification. One doesn’t see a apple and think 'Oh boy, a rounded red banana!" Just because they are in the same broad spectrum doesn’t mean they’re completely similar. The same with your Duty and Justice; they are, I guess, in the same spectrum, but you can easily have one without the other.

1 Like

I changed it, now Makuta is the god of Duty and Justice as his full title. Ekimu is the god of Unity and Kindness and Mata Nui is the God of Destiny and Prophecy.

You’re still just tacking duty on there. What you have described is nothing but the God of Justice, adding duty to the title does nothing but add it to the title.

It’s your duty to do your job, it’s your duty to not steal. It’s your duty to etc. Makuta makes sure you do your duty. TBH even though it was just a metaphor…

BANANAS AREN’T FRUITS, they’re berries. (Mind Blown)