The Metal Thread

So as you probably figured,this is a thread where we can discuss and post music of our favourite thrash metal bands like Metallica,Megadeth,Slayer,Exodus or Testament,classic titans like Black Sabbath or Judas Priest,modern bands like Disturbed and Avenged Sevenfold,and just about everything metal (or hard rock) out there.

Here’s a cool ballad by Metallica:

Now go mosh and headbang.
\m/

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of metal, exceptfor Metallica. I love me some Metallica. :heart_eyes:

I guess I’m a metal fan, but I’m really picky. :stuck_out_tongue: I gravitate toward the more melodic styles–mainly progressive (Rush, Dream Theater, early Queen, Symphony X), power (Blind Guardian, though they’re also progressive and symphonic at times), and symphonic metal (Nightwish, Rhapsody of Fire, Within Temptation).

2 Likes

I love Halestorm’s album “The Strange Case Of…”, the first three songs, with the highlight of Mz. Hyde, bordering from hard rock to metal. Here they are in order

Pirate metal tho.

1 Like

And some of my favourite non-English metal bands:

1 Like

That’s pretty cool,you know, i had a time when i was obsessed with prog and i only listened to bands like Tool,Opeth,Rush,Dream Teather,X-Japan,Symphony-X,heck even some early Pink Floyd.
But after getting into Metallica,i started to love all the other thrash metal bands as well,like Slayer,Megadeth,Testament,Overkill,Anthrax,Exodus,even stuff like Venom.So it’s safe to say that i’m a thrasher.
@codenamelego39 Halestorm is definetely one of the more interesting modern bands,not a big fan though.
@Tab i freaking love Pantera and Rammstein.

Revival through the use of skeletons

(And space)

Well Halestorm’s new album “Into The Wild Life” so I’m gonna be listening to, more specifically the songs, Scream, Sick Individual, and Mayhem. This is gonna rock

I didn’t know Halestorm and Alestorm were two different bands.

But uh, yeah Pirate metals. Is pretty cool.

3 Likes

Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath are the only two metal bands I listen to regularly.

(Also, Megadeth>Metallica. Sue me.)

2 Likes

That is actually true.
It’s a well known fact that Megadeth pwns Metallica.

1 Like

toss in some slipknot and five finger death punch… and linkin park (if you count alt. metal as metal…)

1 Like

I have a bit of an unorthodox taste in metal. Here’s a sample of my favorite song by my favorite bands.

1 Like

how did I miss this thread?

Here you go, ladies and gents.

3 Likes

Eyy viking metal is always nice

2 Likes

any Dethklok fans here?

1 Like

Justin Chancellor claims he cringes every time he hears people call Tool a metal band. Titles are unnecessary in my opinion (which nobody cares about XD) and things should be looked at for the actual music not what people have put on it.

Here is a title: Funk Metal

1 Like

I do agree that the content is more important than the label, but on the other hand, wouldn’t you look for more cashews if you enjoy them in stead of buying some veggies at random and hope they taste the same? The more specific the label, the more likely you are to find something similar to your liking.

Labels are bad only if you miscategorise or you narrow your views too much based on labels. You don’t want raisins in a cashew bag nor should your diet consist of nuts only.

1 Like

I think these are both really good opinions, but categorizing metal seems more like seeing the difference between bags of mixes. like a bag of trail mix (lets say death core) and a bag of skittles (power metal), as long as you like all the skittles, there is no reason to categorize them, but they are completely different from the trail mix, so a distinction might be needed.

but, hey. I’m just some random guy hijacking a conversation

on a side note, does anyone here like Sabaton?

2 Likes