The metropolis of the desert. with [Art] [Worldbuilding][pitch]

The city of stone.

Back when the gods still ruled Makuta experimented with the Matoran, After ordering them into tribes and binding them to the elemental gods that should keep them under control. Yet makuta did not stop there, He took to great lengths to ensure the control would remain. He shaped the stone tribe like a artist shaped rock into statue. The concept was simple.

Most matorans worked, they were workers. Workers were born workers and died workers.
Some were meant to rule, and thus became nobility, The few ruled the many. This raised the stone tribe far above others in the time, as their system were endlessly more organized than the likes of the other tribes, Ekimu would however not see the entire tribe soul disappear in this system and gave them greater creativity, allowing their ambition to shine though.

Great rock monuments rose up all across the desert and architectural and construction spread across the island. Now ruins after the great cataclysm where makuta descended and tried to bring destruction to all matoran.

(WIP)
The Nobillity has spun a web across the stone regions population, that should they stray from the system the cataclysme that brought down the first empire would return.

While mainly to remain inpower the Cult of makuta is more publically known as “the Order,” and acts too as a judges and administrators of the rebuilding and constructions.

Their empire streched far and wide.
yet only ruins stands to remind people of their great past.

Let me explain: canon
Ekimu Creates the matorans and gives them sentience.
Makuta does not like it but allows it.
As the control freak Makuta is he tries to order the matorans into line, with Ekimu giving a slight ressistacne.

Here is where my changes pop in:

It is makuta that gives the elemental gods their connection to the Matorans and shapes them into tribes and not just losely wandering individuals.

The project shapes the stone tribe into a totalitarian sociaty.
This allows the Stone Impire to rise
Makuta would have ordered the others had the 7th tribe not popped up and Makuta was like: NOPE
He starts to destroy the matorans and the Elemental gods now bound to them goes NOPE, and they seal away Ekimu and Makuta.

with the destruction of their many cities, by Makuta the stone empire goes into decline and would fall back to the tribal ways was it not for the followers of Makuta that gather the peices of the empire. keeping it standing.

But they are not Makuta ( and without the mask of control) they cannot entirely control the matorans so some becomes raiders and nomads.

Still generations later Nobillity has been establised from the preisthood of the makuta back then. They now openly worship the stone elemental god. but they do not realize that the peisthood in reality has roots in the worship of makuta. And thous the cult of Makuta.

TL:DR
Makuta is behind alot more than just destroying the Matorans. Tous giving his followers a reason to want him back.

21 Likes

NIIIICE in seriousness this is great the trees look a bit off but all in all its great

1 Like

Coolio scdoolio my freind :ok_hand:
So what you’re proposing here is that the Cult operates undercover in the Stone Tribe as kind of a charity group? And that the Stoners (not that kind) were Makuta’s favoured tribe due to their element? (Unless we’re going with them being the Sand Tribe.)
Actually, going off of them being the Sand Tribe, maybe that signifies Ketar’s destruction. After the god of stone dissolves, his region turns into a barren, sandy waste and his people dissolve into nomadic clans from the rigid empire they once were. Gonna have to make a topic on this, brb.

I am more aluring to the fact that Makuta had tried to control the matoran and used the stone tribe as a template.

Let me explain: canon
Ekimu Creates the matorans and gives them sentience.
Makuta does not like it but allows it.
As the control freak Makuta is he tries to order the matorans into line, with Ekimu giving a slight ressistacne.

Here is where my changes pop in:

It is makuta that gives the elemental gods their connection to the Matorans and shapes them into tribes and not just losely wandering individuals.

The project shapes the stone tribe into a totalitarian sociaty.
This allows the Stone Impire to rise
Makuta would have ordered the others had the 7th tribe not popped up and Makuta was like: NOPE
He starts to destroy the matorans and the Elemental gods now bound to them goes NOPE, and they seal away Ekimu and Makuta.

with the destruction of their many cities, by Makuta the stone empire goes into decline and would fall back to the tribal ways was it not for the followers of Makuta that gather the peices of the empire. keeping it standing.

But they are not Makuta ( and without the mask of control) they cannot entirely control the matorans so some becomes raiders and nomads.

Still generations later Nobillity has been establised from the preisthood of the makuta back then. They now openly worship the stone elemental god. but they do not realize that the peisthood in reality has roots in the worship of makuta. And thous the cult of Makuta.

Never been good at organic stuff.

I’ve said it before, but your art is so MNOG like. I like it a lot.

1 Like