The MOCing Process (Entropy, Round 1, Complete)

So…what’s this all about?

Well, I recently started on a MOC. Surprised? Probably not. I make MOCs all the time. The only difference is, most of my MOCs up until now have been for stopmotion, meaning I have to make certain cuts to things I want, for the sake of articulation and stability. This MOC is centered around getting it as close to the edge of my own MOCing skill as possible. In other words, as perfect as I can get it. Though the real name is a secret for now (as is the purpose of the project), I’m calling it Project: [3N+R097] for now.

There will be updates posted over time, as I make the MOC, and occasionally I’ll post some technique I made/used that could be useful to other aspiring MOCists.

Without further adieu, I present to you, a pair of thighs!
Imgur

17 Likes

Dem thighs have been skull spidah’d.

I await the rest of this MoC.

6 Likes

Indeed they have.

The rest of the MOC will have some of them…and by some of them I mean his shoulder pads and backpack.

I ordered 11 of those Skull Spiders in green XD

3 Likes

I never would have thought to use skull spiders like that! It may be stealing, but I will definitely use that in a MOC (Sorry, Ek).

2 Likes

Cool! An internet cookie to you if you can actually figure out these thighs. They’re really simple, in reality. Only ten pieces, counting the Skull Spiders.

I’m going to suppose I’m not allowed to mention its name…

is this the second version?

Fourth, actually. I’ve redesigned the legs alone three times.

And yes, I would prefer to keep the project a bit of a secret :3

1 Like

Even with that other gimmick?

Gosh.

4 Likes

I’m reconsidering that other gimmick because I don’t feel I could do it to the best of my ability. I want to finish the generic character first, at the very least.

What do you mean figure out these thighs?

Figure out the design.

Oh. It doesn’t seem too hard, unless you’re hiding something on the back of the legs.

Not really. Like I said, it’s only ten pieces for each thigh, plus the shared Mahri tube, which is actually more important to the design than you might think.

Gotta. When I go on Spring break (In a week), I’ll probably make the MOC.

1 Like

looking forward to this being finished

1 Like

Aren’t those things that should always be aimed for in MOCing, or at least the latter? I mean, I know people love throwing stability out the window sometimes and shove a rubber band on a piece of armor or something, but shouldn’t overall stability be a bit of a given?

2 Likes

… I’m looking forward to this process continuing

Well, for stopmotion, it doesn’t have to be as stable, because it isn’t real life. In stopmotion, MoCs can be less stable and more awesome (making them more fragile). But, because they are not being used as action figures, it doesn’t matter. They are not undergoing a great deal of stress. For normal MoCs (non-stopmotion), they need to be stable. And for the sake of stability, not as much greebling or detail can be added onto a MoC (that is also structurally stable). But in stopmotion, they can have a great deal of detail and be semi-structurally unstable because they are not being “played with,” the way that standard Lego sets usually are.

I’m finding it very hard to convey what I’m trying to say through this text. I hope I did okay.

My MOCKing process involves grilling people :stuck_out_tongue:

This looks like it’ll be fun to watch grow.

1 Like

I disagree, stopmotion characters rely a lot more on stability, possibly as much as action figure sets do, if they’re going to be used easily in a stopmotion. They’re being used a lot. I think what Ek is trying to work with here is a MOC that’s more for display.

1 Like