The Natural Phenomena Discussion Topic

This topic is for disscusion about cool things happening on and outside of our planet.

Like for example the solar eclipse over scandinavia happening the 22nd of march.

Could someone move this to other? i was going to create it with that category to begin with but can’t choose it for some reason.

(1st and 3rd edit: corrected some gramaticall errors)
(2nd edit asked to have the topic moved)

Hmm… For some reason I can’t find other on the list to move it… :S

It’s sad that I haven’t seen an actual solar eclipse since I was three.

A solar eclipse is supposed to happen over where I live in 2017…

Also, apparently you can’t move stuff to other, Leo. We don’t know why.

Seen some lunar eclipses and meteor showers in my time. They’re pretty cool to watch, even if you have to be up at 4:00 in the morning :slight_smile:

1 Like

I saw the comet SWAN several years ago in Observatory Park that was cool

I’ve been through an earthquake while I was at school in 8th grade. In Maryland. And Maryland doesn’t get that many earthquakes.

One of the other guys in my class said, “It’s the aliens.”

1 Like

ive seen lunar eclipses before

1 Like

It doesn’t help when your dad’s a physicist and he gets you excited for waking-up during ungodly hours of the night :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

New Horizons is expected to travel by Pluto this summer, can’t wait to see what it picks up!

Also, speaking of natural phenomenon’s outside our planet, has anyone ever heard of Gamma ray bursts?

3 Likes

I experienced an earthquake once.

Probably alien hitchhikers :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I wish I could see an eclipse in-person. They seem pretty darn cool. You know what else is cool? Tornados! :smiley:

No. Tornadoes are not cool. They rip through towns, kill hundreds of people, and actually are a bit of warm and cool.

2 Likes

I get ya. Most natural phenomena have the ability to cause great amounts of death and destruction. However, I just like the look of tornadoes. I can’t quite explain why.

2 Likes

Yeah. They look truly amazing but are also terrifying.

1 Like

Like lots of stuff in nature.

Edited title. -legomaster

hurricanes are awsome to look at from space look like a cloud of fluff atacking the land

1 Like

I once saw a triple rainbow

amazing

2 Likes

I got to look at Mars through a telescope in August of 2003, when it came within 35 million miles, the closest it’s been in 60,000 years, I’m told.

4 Likes

I saw an eclipse back in 2012.