The New Hawkhood Dilemma: Conflicts of Good and Evil(RP Topic)

Daven was in class when blackout happened. He took the polite opportunity to take a nap, while everyone else worried about getting the power back on.

Kaleo was at work, and was helping a coworker when the power went out. Since the power has gone out he’s been at the generator, trying to get it going.

Vance took aim with his sniper. His target was a lower-level superhuman that was causing some trouble for my employer. The large, muscular man was currently at the bank about to attempt a robbery, concealed in a hoodie. ‘A win-win, stopping a robbery and making some cash’ Vance thought to himself. Not that he hadn’t been involved in his fair share of robberies, but he never liked breaking the law. It was a necessary evil for him. He didn’t have anything fancy like flying around and shooting lasers from every hole in his body. The robber found his way into optimal position for Vance to eliminate him. A pull of a trigger, a faint sound, and… no plop. The man turned around seemingly annoyed. He saw the reflection of the sniper scope and immediately jumped up to the rooftop Vance was on. ‘Don’t tell me he’s bullet immune’ Vance thought putting his sniper away and pulling twin pistols from the Closet. The big dude came charging at him. “Nighty night” Vance said, unloading the pistols on his adversary. They barely left a mark. Vance rolled out of the way of a fist half as big as his head, and saw the outline of some tubing under big boy’s hoodie. “Bingo,” he said to himself sending the pistols back and grabbing a knife and a fresh pistol. Big boy turned back around and charged again, but this time Vance’s cybernetic eye miscalculated what was going to happen. Big boy jumped and kicked Vance from the back. After tumbling across the rooftop, Vance threw his knife which landed straight into big boy’s eye. Big boy lurched back shouting in pain, and Vance took the opportunity. He ran towards his target and leaped over him, grabbing his knife from the eye socket. As he came down he sliced the tubes under big boy’s hoodie and put some lead in the back of his head. ‘Another job well done” he muttered to himself entering the Closet to return home.

One of the men entered the restaurant and looked around.
He stared at Zack for what seemed like an eternity, then began to move around, searching for something.

“Looking for something?” Zack asked as he took a bite of his sandwich, acting as if he were just another civilian.

“Newspaper.” The man answered sharply, almost snapping.
He looked up.
“Wouldn’t happen to know where this place has any?”

“Probably by the door, if any.” He said with a shrug, clearly new to town seeing as this was likely a place frequented by civilians.

The man turned towards the window, looking for any newspapers.
@Runa

Iosif crept slightly towards Elias, who seemed slightly angered at the comment. “Keep focused. You came for information.”

“Silver Tongue is a man. Men like him hurt Iosif before. He will try to. So I learn about him from the poor.”

“He is called Silver Tongue because of his power. What is his power? Speech. Nobody knows more than that. Nobody survived.” Elias seemed almost more robotic than Runa did, like he was vocally sifting through memories instead of just saying what he knew. “Everyone said the same thing. Detective man is dead. Killed by Silver Tongue. I do not know if they know. They believe they know. The man with no left leg. He said he met him. Talked with him. Learned his plan. Can’t remember.”

Iosif coughed involuntarily. “Ugolovnyy shvets.”

Elias seemed to lapse out of his mechanical state. “Brooker. He climbed out of the sewer a block from here. Tried to yell, to ‘others’, his friends. Definitely part of a gang. Had three slugs and the chamber of a revolver. I tried to break him. He wouldn’t. Iosif froze his limbs and I dumped him in the brink.”

Iosif seemed absolutely mortified. “Nemyslimo- you lied to me?!”

“You never asked.”

(@EmperorDuckie)

“Wait!”

A man in a blue beanie and thick pants came running out behind some ductwork on the rooftop. He appeared to be a repairman, but the clear outline of the pistol in his jacket pocket said this was a part time job.

“You- you work for Silver Tongue?”

1 Like

“don’t worry, I’ve got a plan for that as well.”

“Any stories you’re looking for in particular?” Zack asked before taking a sip of soda, the ice clinking in the glass as he did.

The man glanced up.
“…nothing that concerns you.”
“Nosy civilians.” He adds in an undertone.

“Well, you’re partly right.” Zack said as he boxed up his meal.

“I am what you can call a civilian, but nosy? I’d say politely curious.” He said as he gathered his things.

The man straightened up.
“Unless you have direct authorization from Robert Wilhelm III, then it’s none of your business.” He said.
“Of course, you can always apply for the Society of British Gentlemen, but…” he shrugged.
“Not sure how many people want to do that.” He smiled devilishly.

A girl walked by, seemingly alone, yet for those talented in perception might sense that there was more then one being there

“Gentlemen?” Zack said, “You know, I think I know someone who may help, for the right price.” A devilish, almost mischievous smile flashed for a brief moment.

“I take it your esteemed society isn’t keen on getting their hands dirty, my…” He thinks for the right word, “Friend, could be willing to see you, I was going to meet him after I settled in, I can give him a call and your number and you can arrange to meet him and discuss your predicament?”

Zack saw the child for a moment and thought, The mirror girl or enforcer?

he could tell something was off about her but couldn’t quite put his finger on it.

The man narrowed his eyes.
“Hmm. Well, perhaps Robert would be willing to discuss the addition of this… ‘friend.’” The man handed Zack a card with contact information on it.
“I’m afraid I didn’t find what I needed. Good day.” The man nodded and walked out of the restaurant.

1 Like

Zack smiles, “Thank you, good sir. I’ll let my friend know that you’re interested in his services.” He politely accepts the card and cheerily waves goodbye.

He pulls out his wallet, a pen and a napkin. He writes down a message for the waitress “thanks for the meal. This should cover my bill; keep the change as a tip.” he left a fifty dollar bill with the note and signed it before placing it by the register and switching his remaining soda from his glass to a takeout cup on the way out. (@Runa)

Right, he thought, Let’s get home and call my friend.

The salesman hides in the dark, keeping itself hidden as it looked for another source of energy to restore itself

Zack kept an eye on his surroundings as he walked, taking extra turns to shake off any potential tailgaters/shadows.

Runa nodded. “Well, I guess that’s a start.” He said, turning to leave.

Mirror groans. “Fine, now if you excuse me, I have business he wants taken care of.” She says, floating away again.

“Now, who might this be?” A curious voice asks from behind Zack.