The New Hawkhood Dilemma: Conflicts of Good and Evil(RP Topic)

He would find little on Silver Tongue, other than people knowing of his existence. It seems he’s good at covering his tracks.

People would start going around town, starting to hang new signs up for something.

Zack tries to spot one of these signs from his window.

He might see something about ‘mayor,’ but the rest would be too hard to make out from where he was.

Zack begins looking up information on the Society.

The men compiled a report of their findings. They all then made their way back to the society.
One of the men handed Robert the report.
Robert glanced over it, before setting it aside.
“Well done… hopefully there’s something in there we will find use of. In the meantime, tell the rest of the Society to keep their eyes and ears open.”

Zack prepared a private encrypted messaging network and wrote a message to the Society:

I've seen your folks searching and wandering town and a friend of mine said you may be interested in my skill set and be able to pay my price. Meet me in the abandoned apartment complex on the outskirts of the city and we can talk there about what you seek and what I can offer.

It had an address attached to it but no signature and attempts to trace would be a bit tricky due to the encryption.

A second message would appear soonafter:

PS: I'll talk to your boss; no lackies. This obviously meant that this individual wanted Sir Robert in attendance for these talks.

The man Zack had met took this message to Robert.
Robert grinned.
“What can I say? Let’s meet this new prospect of ours. Cheers to finding him, my good man.”
He loaded his two pistols and adjusted his watch, before standing up.
“Have a sniper cover me. Make sure he’s hidden.”
Then, he walked out.
He quickly drove to the destination, and got out of the car.

The place seemed empty aside from a crude earthen table and two chairs, with small floating flames faintly illuminating the table like candles.

“You’re alone?” A grisled voice asked as thunder clapped outside, briefly showing a cloaked figure on the other end of the room.

“Completely and totally.” Robert replied, spreading his arms.
“So you are the new prospect I have heard so much about?” He inquired.

The flames glowed brighter, showing the figure had reached the table and was taking his seat.

“I am called the Crimson Blade.” He said, almost with a growl, sounding as if this was his normal tone. “What is it you seek and what are you willing to relinquish to find it?” He asked.

Even with a fireball near him, his hood seemed to cast a shadow over his face that made it nigh impossible to see aside from somewhat messy long dark hair.

The empty chair moved with a quiet rumble as if an invisible servant had invited Sir Robert to sit down.

“Well, you need to be more specific.” Chuckled Robert. “There’s a lot of things I’m looking for.” He sat down. “And as for payment… well, I’m sure I can arrange for something you want or need.”

“You seek that which hides beyond your sight and uses honeyed words to turn this place into his marionette stage.” He said.

“Your words promise much but hold back from committing; I ask again: what price are you willing to pay?” He said.

OOC: is the sniper using a laser to mark Zack?

Robert nodded, impressed. “You’ve done your research.” He then went on. “How much do you want me to pay?”

Ooc: no

“You have great wealth and also great pride, certainly 1200 per day as a base price would be but child’s play to you.” He said as his hand traced something in the table.

“However…” He began, watching to see what Roger’s reaction would be to his coming caveat.

“1,200? Not a problem.” Robert smiled, although the smile was not a warm, heartfelt one.

“…there is a matter of, how do you say it?” He thought for a moment, “oh yes, hazard pay.” He said that last part with a definite air of mischief. While not visible under the shadows, a fitting smile crept across his face.

OOC: GTG soon. I’ll be back when able.

“Hazard pay?” Robert asks. “Perfectly doable.”

“We’ve covered the ‘who’ but now we come to the ‘what’ and ‘how’ parts of this chat.” Crimson Blade said.

“Now, what do you want of Silver Tongue?” He asked. “Knowledge, his life, his resources?” He added to clarify his question.

“Everything.” Robert said darkly.

“I’m afraid that while I wield such power, I cannot make something from nothing.” Zack said.

“I can get you information, maybe find him, but to kill him is a job that will make my hazard pay skyrocket.” He warned. “Do you know the company he keeps?”