The New URL

URL seems a little confusing… wont people searching for the TTV boards on google find it easier to find them if the URL is ‘board.ttvpodcast.com’? Just seems a little weird to change it to ‘board.ttvchannel.com’. Like if people are searching ‘TTV channel’ wont they find the boards?

That aside, its nothing major and the redirect will be helpful. Just seems strange to call the boards ‘The TTV channel’

though yeah, nothing changing so no real issues with the new URL. Hopefully the picture thing will be fixed

2 Likes

I actually haven’t been able to get on with mobile until I just cleared my cookies. Odd

Actually, it’s a 301 redirect, so all references on Google will still point back to this site whether they search TTV Podcast or TTV Channel.

Though, I’m not quite sure I fully understand your question, to me it seems like people are more likely to search for the channel over the podcast as “channel” is more encompassing. The only reason I could see people defaulting to podcast is simply out of habit, which I imagine would be altered once they’ve realized it’s been changed to channel.

Do be sure to clear your cookies and cache if you’re still having issues connecting or loading images. The changes are still rolling out, but for most US residents everything appears to be working now.

4 Likes

Was just wondering if it’ll get confusing for people.

Like if you were to mention to someone how much the liked the TTV channel. Granted searching would find both or clarifying the question though. Was a rather defunct question if the redirect works…

Though for some reason the redirect is not working for me… googled ‘TTV message boards’ and clicked the first link and got this;

As a side note, would the video directing people to the previous address need to have an annotation or anything, or will the redirect (i assume when its working) direct those who see an older podcast towards the new URL?

(Doesn’t appear to be my computer or anything, as other sites and things are working)

1 Like

Oh yeah don’t worry, you’re not crazy. It doesn’t seem to have gone live for everyone outside of the US just yet. DNS changes can take anywhere’s from 24-72 hours to take effect depending on your location. Since you’re pretty far from the source of the change I imagine it’ll take you longer to see these updates then someone who is US based.

Im going to give it more time before troubleshooting, but once everything is working then I believe most of your concerns will be remedied, all links, annotations, and any references that point to “ttvpodcast” will be linked to “ttv channel”. You shouldn’t need to adjust any of your bookmarks as both URL’s will lead to the website.

4 Likes

Ah alright, thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

Shall probably update the link in my favourites anyway, the current redirect directly seems to be working if you have the link saved. It just seems to be if you try going via the google search, but hopefully it’ll fix itself as you said.

1 Like

Actually thats the old old URL :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

Well, it isn’t for me.

All three URLs,

http://board.ttvchannel.com
and ttvpodcast.discoursehosting.net

are current URL’s that go to the same website.

Use whatever works for you.

5 Likes

it’s not just a new URL

It’s a newRL

shut up im not sorry they can’t all be winners

5 Likes

Are you guys working on fixing the site hosted images and the old link redirecting to the new one? (sorry if this sounds impatient)

Not entirely sure what your problem is. As Var has stated multiple times earlier in this thread, the update has taken some time to roll out internationally. Also, be sure to clear your cache/cookies.

The old link currently redirects to the new one, no problem. What exactly are you having issues with?

6 Likes

I think there have been some issues with topics linked on the boards before the update.

Could you please show us examples?

On this topic, there is another topic linked in the first post. I’ve had issue loading that topic.

Same with the linked topic on this first post.

Hmmm, interesting. We’ll look into it.

1 Like

Thanks, I really love how helpful the staff on this site are :smile:

3 Likes

Awwww… :blush:

You’re welcome!

4 Likes