The Nexo Knights Topic

Does anyone know if this shield is an actual piece or just printed in the book?

3 Likes

I donā€™t think its an actual piece, Iā€™ve seen some reviews on Amazon for it and it only seems to show the exclusive figure. One of the reviews also had this image (sorry about the size) that seems to show the Nexo Power is printed into the book (Bottom left of the right page)

3 Likes

you know what i like
nexo knights feels like a 90s theme or early 2000s theme.
now lego all you gotta do is step down with them printings

also we need a slizers reboot thatā€™ d be way past cool

1 Like

Well, I watched the show and itā€™sā€¦ surprisingly good. Actually, itā€™s much better than journey to one and actually manages to be a fair amount better than ninjagoā€™s show. I can see why Lego put it front and center recently, because if you give it a chance, itā€™s much better than it looks.I must also say that they have much better character development than expected, especially with the interactions between the characters, and that I actually felt bad for Jestro watching him freak out before the failure in episode one. In fact, heā€™s a much more sympathetic and understandable villain than Garmadon, Pythor, or Makuta (and MUCH better than Cragger/ Sir Fangar, though I didnā€™t like Chima enough to get to sir Fangar) - to be honest, heā€™s also a better villain in terms of not just being bad ā€œbecauseā€, his relationship with the book of monsters, his fledgling villain actions, his sympathetic past, and his likable self. Its animation is surprisingly good, the lines are a lot less forced than in JTO, and I actually enjoyed watching it. A lot.
Good job, Lego!

EDIT:
Also, Some high-def pictures of the summer sets (not leaks because they have no watermark) here: Toy Fair 2016: Full Lego Nexo Nights summer lineup | zusammengebaut

3 Likes

I use a book of evil to resurrect this topic for one purposeā€¦

Got the Chaos Chariot, Evil Mobile, and the FORTREX!!! (Can you tell which one I like the most?)
The Fortrex is amazing. It rolls like a dream, has a lot of play features, and makes me feel like a kid again. I love it. It fulfills that dream of seeing a castle that is also a tank with a multitude of deployable forces.
I also like the design of the Hover Horse. It makes me want to collect all five so every knight can have one, but I know I canā€™t do that :stuck_out_tongue:

So, yeah, the Fortrex is great and this entire haul took all of the money I was going to spend on Bionicle Summer 2016 and any dupes I wanted. Totally worth it.

6 Likes

You gotta any cash left over you could send to me?

Umā€¦ noā€¦

Based off Robinā€™s Mech from the show, the set is set to be released in August as a retail exclusive (the store to which it is is currently unknown). It supposedly has a retail price of $39.99, but from the piece count alone, Iā€™m guessing otherwise.

Not going to lie, Iā€™m hyped for this set. It has its issues, sure, but its pros out way its cons.

10 Likes

:ok_hand:

5 Likes

@Plural, thanks for posting this. Iā€™m happy to see that whiperella is in a set.

Also, does anyone here have the book of monsters? If not, Iā€™ll post pictures of all the non-lava monsters. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna see a bit more pictures before fully deciding, but I think thereā€™s a solid buy here. I love that it looks so different from the Kingā€™s Mech (which was a fear I had due to the show appearance). The colors are a little wonky, but bearable and even good in a way. The playability with this set looks pretty fantastic as well.

All in all it looks like weā€™ve got another solid, crazy set for a solid, crazy theme.

9 Likes

Also, the weird way the gut sorta sticks out compared to the chest is weird

like, the Kingā€™s Mech seemed much more proportional, in that sense.

2 Likes

Definitely liking this set. Though itā€™s not really show accurate, far too much dark blue. But very useful for mocs, which for me is the main draw to any set.
If it isnā€™t too expensive Iā€™m probably buying it.

Do we have a price yet? Heard numbers reaching from 30$-50$

Edit: Oops, apparently Iā€™m too stupid to read. 39.99$ are probably 39.99ā‚¬ in Germany. seems like pretty good value

2 Likes

I still havenā€™t seen the show, but itā€™s nice that brave Sir Robin gets a chance to shine. Iā€™m looking forward to this set.

3 Likes

Well, I guess Iā€™ll be adding another set to buy to my list, which is now:

The Kingā€™s Mech (for the completely useless King Halbert)
Infernox Captures the Queen (for the resourceful Queen Halbert)
The Black Knight Mech (for the new Robin, another Kingbot, and Whimperella; also, is that an evil Hover Horse. Thatā€™s it. Instant buy!)

Also, do we know which store this set will be exclusive to? (it had better not be Walmart)

1 Like

That looks pretty gr8. While the proportions might not be good, itā€™s a giant mech with great parts. Might be my only NK purchase, for that matter.

Of course, lack of knees is irrritating, if there arenā€™t any.

Edit: @Plural, the Titan Mech Battle set retailed for $60, and had more than 700 pieces. Some sets break the traditional rule of $0.10 per piece, yā€™know. :wink:

2 Likes

Plus, that visorā€¦
:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I feel ā€˜The Black Knight Mechā€™ needed more black. I understand why its not got as much, however it feels like a secondary colour to the set rather than a primary colour - and i would have preferred if the build was more black than blueā€™ish and silver.

2 Likes

So, guys. Iā€™ve recently been marathoning the entire 1st season of NK so far, and I canā€™t seem to find episode 7 online. Could someone provide a link to 7? Thanks, guys!

Even though I actually need this info, I sound so foolish, like a crappy interwebz joke. Lel. XP

2 Likes

Oh wow

I forgot about The Titan Mech battle

RIP

4 Likes