The Origins of the Mutant Assassin

This topic has representations of embryos and fetuses. Reader discretion is adviced

Here’s an old link if anyone wants to read it for reference.

https://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/hangara-insane-mutant-assassin/22832

For many female MOCs (particularly ones with more feminine features), I noticed that a backstory is not really written and it kind of just comes off as a sex symbol. This topic describes the backstory of one of the deadliest (non-canon) antagonists and later anti-heroes of the Matoran Universe. This is the backstory of Hangara, The Insane but later sensible Mutant Assassin.

Hangara was not originally her name but was a name she gave herself to give herself more dignity. The name comes from the Maori word hangarau which simply means technology or technological. Since the Matoran language is heavily based off the Maori language, this makes sense. Her original name was just the designation Specimen N2013; N meaning Nokama, 2 meaning the second Nokama, and 013 meaning the thirteenth cloning attempt. She was cloned by none other than the Brotherhood of Makuta’s Mutran who wanted to create the most powerful being in the universe; even more powerful than the Order of Mata Nui members.

Specimen N2013 began life as a single cell of organic protodermis, which has basic cellular structure and genetic code that is comparable to what is found on Earth. Mutran obtained the cells when one of his tiny mosquito like drones bit Nokama on the neck while she and her teammates were entering Metru Nui after the Visorak invasion (before she became a Hordika). Nokama was chosen as a base for a number of reasons. One of them was that she was a female that would temper out the effects of the psionic powers that the clone would obtain. Another reason was that she was the calmest out of the Toa Metru and one of the calmest and most logical Toa around at the time, again balancing out the aggressiveness of the psionic abilities. With more than enough material to work with, Mutran immediately got to work under the orders of Makuta Teridax, using the Bionicle equivalent of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to amplify Nokama’s genetic code. The cell also contains traces of various Rahi species in order to amplify N2013’s aggressive tendencies. This cell was later artificially fertilized and then stored in a tank to act as a womb, supplying her with all the necessary oxygen and nutrients for her to grow. The single cell is represented by a transparent blue stud piece.

Unlike many lifeforms of the Matoran Universe, specimen N2013 went through many developmental changes that are comparable to human development. This is so that the being can have more overall cellular stability and time to develop her powers. The Shadow Leech represents her as a zygote.

This model represents specimen N2013 as an underdeveloped embryo. Her design was based off a vertebrate embryo. Over time, the protodermis in her head would develop into the Great Rau that Nokama wore; this is represented with the head being a transparent blue. All vertebrate embryos, even human embryos, have tails that later disappear later in development.

As specimen N2013 grew, her brain development skyrocketed, which is needed for a being that uses mainly psionic powers. This model represents her in a fetal state. Looks real cute. As you can see, the head is mostly fully formed and the tail had completely disappeared. If she were to hatch in this state, she would still be a very formidable foe for a Toa to face even with her small, infantile, and overall cute exterior.

When N2013 developed even further, her aggressive tendencies started to develop, peaking at adolescence. When she was an adult, she finally used her psionic abilities to break out of the tank. Feeling nothing but dread on why she didn’t have a name or why the beings around her inform her of her purpose, she lashed out and destroyed the lab and her creators. Only Mutran, Vican, and a couple other Makuta and Shadow Matoran escaped from her rampage. From this point on, N2013 gave her self the name Hangara.

Like Nokama, who serves as the genetic template, Hangara also has Water Elemental abilities, however, she has not used them yet in favor of power psionic energy blasts, teleportation, telekinesis, and mind control. Since she has some Rahi in her, this gave her huge amounts of physical strength, speed, and heightened senses. Hangara would become a key ally to the Brotherhood of Makuta and the Dark Hunters. However, she still antagonized a lot of the members of both organizations, even going so far to kill them without notice. After finding out about Teridax’s plans, Hangara would eventually come to her senses and join the Toa and Matoran, although the relationship was rocky at first and she would only fight for her own personal benefit. This would later change however, and Hangara would be one of the most powerful heroes in the Matoran Universe.

Here are all the models lined in order of size. Size is not to scale, however.

Adult Hangara also has various forms which will be discussed in a few months time.

Thanks for reading!!

13 Likes

A bit oversexualized in the behind, IMO, but otherwise this is pretty cool.

3 Likes

2sp00ki4m3

2 Likes

looks cul

You don’t wanna know what that is in french.

2 Likes

I do…
~Note to self, do not use that word in front of a French speaker~

3 Likes

Good idea…

2 Likes

oh myyy, never using that again

3 Likes

Maybe she’s just wearing a diaper. Ya never know, man.
Just googled cul…the more you know, I guess.

1 Like

@Grimsock @Saxton She did actually go through a form of adolescence in the tank. Without the armor or something back there it just looks flat. However, that should not be the focus of the MOC. And there is nothing wrong with sexualization as long as it is what you are trying to convey. At least it’s not overdone to the extreme here. Can we please be a bit more mature here? Thanks.

1 Like

NO
DON’T DO THAT

4 Likes

That is reasonable, but I think this argument is a bit odd. Sexualization is wrong to some extent, but you can’t just show that a character is a female with a large behind/ chest (I know, this sounds really weird…) [quote=“Lugztina, post:10, topic:23923”]
Without the armor or something back there it just looks flat.
[/quote]

This doesn’t matter, and it sounds weird. Can you explain why it’s bad for a behind to be flat?

What is wrong with having some fun and a few good laughs?

2 Likes

@Saxton The behind is not really that big. It’s proportional to her back. With this MOC, I was trying to convey a slim but muscular female. They are going to have some curves on them and it just looked funny to me on this MOC to have a “flat” behind. A behind can be flat but not on this MOC. Can you explain to me why a female MOC cannot have a round behind? Again, this MOC went through a form of puberty due to her origins that other Bionicle beings did not go through. But that’s not supposed to be the main feature.

Also, the purpose of this topic was to critique and/or praise the MOCs and/or story, not to joke around about a French word that means “butt”. The jokes are really getting old.

Whatever you feel are correct proportions.

I never said it can’t, I just feel like it’s a bit overdone here.

And as I said earlier:

1 Like

I have to disagree with this.

It really only comes off as this if the MOC features aspects that are exaggerated from typical human anatomy. For example, I had a Toa of water MOC that had generally female proportions (narrow waist, not very broad shoulders, etc). I didn’t have a backstory. This doesn’t automatically make her a MOC that exists for the sole reason to be female.

While I find this story interesting, I disagree that a story is the ultimate factor as to what a MOC looks like to someone.

1 Like