The Possible Hasbro/Mattel Merger

If you guess that you didn’t hear, according to a company web site that Hasbro (Maker of Transformers,G.I.Joe,Mr.Potato Head,etc) is might merged with Mattel (Maker of Barbie,Masters of The Universe,Hot Wheels,etc) since isn’t the first they talks about merge, but it actually cool to since both He-Man and Optimus Prime in the same room at the same time.

1 Like

This is normal in Britain
we have had Currys and PC World become one

alongside Game and Gamestation

but what would their name be

Well that’s a horrifying thought.

1 Like

inb4 Mega Bloks and Kreo become one building system

Well I’m not sure if the merging of two of the largest toy companies would cause major repercussions throughout the industry, but I suppose it would be interesting what would happen to the franchises each of them holds.

So you’re saying they weren’t the same thing already? :stuck_out_tongue: This doesn’t really have an impact on me, but this might mean fewer products copied between the two, filling up less of toy stores.

I that does happen, I could get excited. Maybe Hasbro can help make those crappy Max steel figures Mattel makes could be more of Marvel legends than Happy meal toys.

Also, did anyone else get the image of Barbie having a picnic with rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie in their head?

Hmm, does this mean the 3 3/4 inch figures Mattel makes will finally have good articulation? Also Marvel and DC toys will be crossoverable.

1 Like

Wait I can have a Mr. Potato head hotwheel? Wooho
What if Lego bought out Megabloks?

1 Like

#THE APOCALYPSE

A dislike Halo (and Lego Halo will be boring anyway)
B Would be worse the other way round

That sounds like a -you- problem

Looks like some Mega Bloks sets have a new logo.

1 Like

Well Hasbro and Mattel are back talking to merged again, funny a busy week for companies merging into other, first Disney buy most of FOX’s Movie and TV areas, Hasbro also try to merger with their Japanese Partner TakaraTomy, now this.