The Real Reason Kahi Was Fired (megaofficial)

I didn’t read all of this, but what I did read disgusted me how could someone like that get on the boards let alone be a staff member.

4 Likes

man what a thing to come back to

11 Likes

So I’m watching re watching this.

And I noticed something kinda interesting. (Timestamp 1:42)

What was just a simple jab at the time seems so relevant now.

Honestly I find it hard to rewatch any of the videos Kahi was a part of.

19 Likes

Man, that interview was uncomfortable to watch. It’s easy to see that Kahi is very used to controlling the conversation, but the LJP wasn’t having any of it. Now I don’t think that hurling insults like that is necessarily the best thing to do, but I completely understand their disgust at Kahi and his actions. Good on them for calling him out.

13 Likes

Easily.

Think of how many people you know. Most if not all of them have done something that they aren’t proud of, some of them are still doing things that they aren’t proud of.

It’s an important lesson that we learned the hard way - just because you interact with someone every day doesn’t mean you know them. It’s also noteworthy to remember that the internet anonymity factor makes it just that much easier to hide the skeletons in your closet.

~Hawkeye

16 Likes

Valid point but I don’t think anyone I know has done something that disgusting also another vales point about anonymity

3 Likes

Oh dear. How truly, truly horrible. My sympathies to all involved.

3 Likes

So, I guess we’ve come a long way from a bunch of kids talking about their favorite toys, huh?
(I would also like to state that I came up with at least four stings to end this on, but since I’d like to keep this account open, I’ll refrain).

14 Likes

This is even worse now than it was already: [Timestamp 40:27-41:09]

16 Likes

This is disgusting, honestly. It’s like when we found out that Bill Cosby was a sexual predator. Someone that we looked up to turning out to be a bad person.

7 Likes

Oh man I remember hearing when he was fired, thinking it was something to do with the end of TTV as a company. How wrong I was. I never really was attached to Jon much, but he didn’t seem like this kind of person from what I saw. I do hope he can change for the sake of anyone around him.

5 Likes

my heart

my achey breaky heart

24 Likes

What. The. Bleeping. Heck.

Kahi was a disgusting excuse of a human being beneath it all apparently. Awful

6 Likes

I never was a big fan of this thing that doesn’t even deserve to be called a man, but this is just absolutely horrid. I thought it was something like this at first due to the original message and what little was known of the context around his firing, but I brushed it off as a carry-over paranoia after a similar thing happen in another community I am part of, and I have never wished more in my life that I was wrong as I do about this. It’s people like that thing that just make my blood boil so freaking much.

Edited for language - BioKnight

2 Likes

Woah, woah, woah. There’s no need for such viciousness. You may not like him, nor respect him, but there’s a thing as going to far. When people go to this level of vitriol you have to ask, who’s the real monster?

I’m not defending Jon’s actions to be clear.

30 Likes

Agreed. While his actions are absolutely inexcusable and disgraceful, but that level of hostility could be better aimed elsewhere, at worse people.

11 Likes

Hatred is often more deadly for the person that carries it rather than the person it’s directed at.

20 Likes

Right, jon’s actions were awful and disgusting, but I don’t think that’s a reason to hate him more than anyone else.

In fact, the Christian Bible claims all sins are equal. (While they aren’t socially equal, Christians believe they are in the God Christians believe in’s eyes)

EDIT: mods, I tried to keep this more of like stating a fact about what a group of people believes rather than stating what I believe, but if this is considered religious discussion I think it has already served its purpose so if this needs to be deleted be my guest

12 Likes

After a night’s rest, I see that that was a mistake putting that there.

Moral of the story: think a little harder before you do something, less you look foolish.

7 Likes

Yeah I’ve learned that one the hard way several times. We all make mistakes

7 Likes