The Relationship Topic

Nice!

Maybe this will be kind of like a date to see if your worthy of dating? Or just hanging out, which isn’t bad in itself. Either way, good luck!

I also just came to the reason that not only am I unable to date because of ideals or personal reasons, but I also have 0 moneys, so financials just gets added to the long list of why I don’t have a girlfriend.

5 Likes

#AAARRHHGRRRAAA! I’M SICK OF THIS

I was fine! I was happy! I was finally able to accept being alone! After at least three hears of hurting and hollowness and heartache I finally managed to feel complete and happy by myself. Then she told me she liked me. She came to me and it was because of that I felt so certain that this would really be the one. Only for the rug to just be pulled out from under my feet again!

I just… I should explain. It’s the first day of school, and I was really looking forward to talking to the girl I talked about earlier. To really hang out and build something. All day I’ve been anxiously waiting for the bus ride home, so I could sit with her and really connect. But when that chance finally came she asked to sit alone. I respected that and sat somewhere else, but also asked her what was wrong.

And I find out she’s moving in January, and is really upset about it. I tried to talk to her about it, maybe help, but she won’t even talk to me! I just feal lead on. And if she knew she was moving, then why would she say she liked me?!?!?! Closure maybe? I just don’t get it!

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not mad at her. Not at all. Moving is rough, I know. I’m just furious with… All of this. It just seems way too coincidental that almost immediately after I reach emotional stability, this happens. After so much time I honestly thought I had a real chance at a relationship, only turn out to become another blunder on a depressingly long list.

I really just can’t believe it. I was so astronomically close to what I’ve been wanting for years, just to be yet another dead end.

5 Likes

Y’know what?
That’s really rough. There’s nothing you did wrong.
At this point, i think that the healthiest thing for you is just to wait.
I’ve had a similar experience, although it was me being rejected…
Anyways
I think you just need to step back from relationships.
I think that’d help.

But that’s exactly what I was doing!!! Like I said right before she talked to me I had finally made peace with being single. After more than three years of emotional instability and pain I was finally okay with being alone until I found someone. But then fate itself stepped down, said “**** you, I will never let you have peace” and threw this at me!

And at this point I’m just FED UP!!!

1 Like

Well, just because someone likes you doesn’t mean you should be in a relationship
If two people like each other, then great. But sometimes it just isn’t meant to be.

1 Like

I know. I even considered that when she first talked to me. But there’s a massive and critical difference between this and all the other times.

She came to me.

She’s the one who liked me, not the other way around.

That has never happened before.

As far as I know, no one else has ever felt that way about me.

And that’s why I felt so confident about this. She couldn’t turn me down because she was the one coming to me. Even if it didn’t work out, I would have been able to end things on my terms.

But instead it turned out just like all the other times.

I’m not even really upset emotionally. I didn’t even get the time to really know here. I’m just furious that it happened again, right after I was finally happy being single.

2 Likes

I mean, if I found out I was dying the next day, I’d probably tell my crush I like her

Ah, I’m sorry, man. But you made some big progress, so who’s to say you can’t do it again? The fact that someone liked you, that’s huge! It’s not even like she doesn’t like you anymore, so that should tell you a bit about yourself.

Honestly, I would be perfectly happy just knowing that one person out there liked me. Just having that knowledge would make me feel a little more confident about myself.
######Well, I guess there was that one person someone said liked me, but coincidentally she moved too…#

3 Likes

Why do I have the sensation that I will feel exactly the same when the school will start a few weeks for now and I will start seeing my crush with which I have a quite cringey history again?

I think I’m going crazy… So earlier today I was heading down to my local games store and on my way I thought I passed the girl I had a crush on from the previous school I went to. However I don’t really know why she would be in the same city as me seeing as she was planning on going to the USA as a sort of exhange student and was set to move shortly after we graduated. Of course she could have just changed her mind last minute but I don’t find that likely considering she didn’t really want to study at university directly after the summer.

Also there is the fact that I kinda was an idiot and a jerk and got on bad terms with her shortly before our graduation. Don’t ask about what happened I really don’t want to talk about it. Thously I think it is unlikely that she would move to the exact same city to presumably study. Which boggles my mind even more, why, I not only thought I passed her I also thought I heard her voice. Now I don’t think who I saw was actually her but it spooked me a bit since I was hoping to get some sort of fresh start on the whole life thing by moving here too study. Now that would’t be possibly or as easily obtained if it had turned out she started studying at the same place as me.

Now in terms of what happened that got us on bad terms. So can I say that I do feel regret for what I did and I’m sorry for it too but of course I can’t tell her that since we’ve lost contact and she probably doesn’t want to speak to me which I don’t mind its fair of her to act like that. This also gives me a chance to start anew but if I were to meet her randomly one day I totally would apologize for what I did.

In the end I think I was just seeing things but school starts friday so just have to wait and see if I’m crazy or if it actually was her. Even if it wasn’t her it still made me smile a bit seeing her despite our conflicts

1 Like

Wow, this place still exists. Anyways, I’m still single. But last Friday night I went to a high school football game to hang out with some friends, ended up also hanging out with their respective friends, and by the end of the night it was me and like seven girls. Lots of fun. Guys suck in comparison.

5 Likes

right?
I sorta know how that feels, i somehow always end up hanging out with girls because either my friends that are dudes aren’t around or there’s a buncha jerkish dudes.

1 Like

I know, right?!

Girls aren’t afraid to talk about how they feel, and they don’t tear each other down “as a joke.” Compared to guys, they actually act like they like people.

My male friends, most of them are absolute jerks, to each other and (when they remember I’m there) to me, but “they’re just joking.” I mean, to an extent I can play along in good conscience, but most of the time they take it a bit too far for me. My female friends, on the other hand…well, don’t do that, or at least not to nearly as bad of a degree. And they actually treat me like a friend instead of an afterthought. They don’t forget I’m there. Well, as much.
Though it may be more of a social group thing, since the one or two other guys in that group act the same way as the girls, but I’m sure this has something to do with it.

Aaaaaanyways, still single, girl I liked has a boyfriend(didn’t when I started trying to get close to her, but they recently started dating, so…sucks to suck, I guess.) She’s still one of my really good friends, so nothing lost, really,

At least now though, I’m not hopelessly pining over someone, so maybe I can finally focus on myself, instead. I need to do that.

5 Likes

That’s happened to me… Twice. Actually thrice now that I think about it.

That’s a good mindset to have.

That’s the attitude I like to keep.

Isn’t it fun when someone basically describes you as the kind of guy she wants (In fairly general terms) but you know she doesn’t like you.
And then she goes and says things about her that are likable that I really like about her and questions why prince Christian gamer boy charming hasn’t shown up

Haha we love this

1 Like

groan
Yeah I’m definitely in a tight spot.
I feel bad because last year i was super nice to the girl i used to/sort of still like.
And now we’re in a lot of different classes and our schedule is different, so i can’t talk to her as often.
And i feel bad because of that.
I don’t even really like her anymore. I just want to be nice, because she’s still a good friend.

I literally have no idea if I still like my crush.
And I think she still thinks I do.
So the smallest thing might disturb the dort of “peace/equilibrum” I am in.

I’d be wary about those kind of thoughts. Instilling jealousy in yourself is not a very healthy attitude, even if you think the gal is being ridiculous.

6 Likes

There’s a new girl in my improv club that I’m thinking about talking to.

My goal for now is to continue to get to know her as a friend and not overthink my words or actions, or what she might make of them. That seems to be one of, if not the cause of why I’ve never gotten far enough for a real relationship (and why I’ve used this topic a bit too much).

7 Likes

No! NO NO NO NO! IT HAPPENED AGAIN!

It was another dream. I met the cutest freckle faced redhead girl. She was clever, and funny, and she cared about me. I could see her and feel her. I cuddled with her and she loved it. I remember her. I can remember her face. She was real! I was happy. We were both happy. AND NOW SHE’S GONE! RIPPED AWAY AS I’M PULLED BACK TO MY OWN DEPRESSING REALITY!

It hurts so much. I can remember her so vividly. How she looked, how she sounded. She was so real. She loved me. She cared about me. Do you have any idea how much it hurts. To have been so lonely and hollow for two years. And then I finally meet someone. Someone who actually cared about me, and then in an instant I’m pulled away from all of it.

3 Likes

Dude that really sucks.
All I can say is hang in there. You’ll find someone, eventually. Just wait.

1 Like