The Sand Court of the Entombed King

The Sand Court of the Entombed King

Story
In the Great southern Desert, the Sand Kingdom resides, ruled over by the Entombed King and his Entombed guard and warriors. A regal leader who cares for his people, the Sand Kingdom is a powerful and wealthy oasis in the great desert.

The Kingdom began around the oasis of Wai’yet, a small lake in the shade of the Arar mountain, over time the Toa of this kingdom formed into noble houses and eventually the Tuatoru of house Wa’hoki was chosen as the first King of the Sand Kingdom. Since then the noble houses have continued electing kings and queens with the abdication or death of the current ruler, with older Turaga becoming advisors and Toa as warriors and protectors.

The Sand Kingdom has become a place of great architecture, construction and trade, with many Bazaars, markets, workshops and farms. Many travellers, traders and adventurers come to the Sand Kingdom, for who knows what lies underneath the vast dunes of the desert.

The current Entombed King, Tekau of house M’toru.
Tekau the Entombed King has lead a recent age of prosperity in the Sand Kingdom and protected his people against the Jagah Kingdom’s attack. He has reigned for 24 years unopposed.

The Entombed King was a lot of fun to build, I wanted an Egyptian themed model that had the crossed arms of an Egyptian Sarcophagus on it’s chest and that’s where this all came from. I then added cool elements like the waist belt, the hanging cloth (called a Shendyt) and the Ankh symbol on the axe. The mask used is KhingK’s mask of creation.

His name roughly translates to “ten of house three” as he is the Thirteenth Entombed King. The name of the first king roughly translates to “Third of house sided” which refers to a pyramid.

The King’s Guard consist of 6 Toa, 2 of which are Guard level however, there are 6 more Toa who protect the kingdom, they are currently on a grand quest, they are the Toa Pharos…

The Entombed Guard - Anyubia and Hukoe.
When joining the esteemed ranks of the Entombed Guard, a Toa will go through a transformation, often resulting in animalistic legs. This transformation is caused by the fruit of a herb that grew after a spill of energised protodermis. The Entombed Guard protect the King and serve as his generals when needed, commanding Toa and Matoran troops alike.

These two were designed after the Warriors but I wanted some kind of animal legged moc for this project, Anyubia was built first and she wears a Pakari as I thought this most reminded me of Anubis, although I had to scrap the ears. Hukoe is based off Horus and Ra being birdlike, the White colouring and the Kakama complimented this look I wanted.

The Entombed Warriors - the twins Aroru and Kiroru
The twins Aroru and Kiroru are headstrong but excellent protectors, they serve in the Kingdom guard and even though they have much to learn, their young age has not hindered them in their duty. While they are quite similar, they enjoy different pastimes, Aroru enjoys sculpting in her free time and Kiroru has cultivated a small garden on the roof of their home. They were the youngest Toa to serve in the Jagah attacks.

Kiroru (right) was the the first warrior I built, based on a smaller torso of the King’s torso, getting the limbs right was a challenge as they had to be smaller but have a similar style to them. Aroru was when I first experimented with the colours, adding them in to see what different Toa would look like with the Entombed style.

The Entombed Warriors - Weraka and Tapahi
Weraka and Tapahi are both unique in that they do not hail from the Sand Kingdom originally, both having come from other kingdoms and realms but earned their place in the ranks of the Entombed when they defended the Kingdom in the Jagah attacks. Weraka hails from Talar Koro and Tapahi from Puawai Koro.

So these two I designed after the Guard, I really wanted to experiment with colours and weapons, so I made them Toa of fire and air. I wanted to incorporate interesting weapons into them so I decided they would not originally come from the Sand Kingdom, Weraka is actually from my Fallen Kingdom. The sword wasn’t too big a deal but I really like the shield and tonfa-axe designs I came up with.

King’s Advisor - Kitea
Kitea is a Turaga who has advised the King for a long time, drawing upon many of his past experiences to aid the King with the matters of today. His rank as Advisory Turaga merits him his ornate head mask.

So the advisor was the final build in this project and he’s basically an excuse to show off my Egyptian Huna design, which is one of my favourite designs. I tried to incorporate another ankh into his staff and the yellow and blue into his “robes”.

Overall I had a lot of fun building the Entombed, they’re a really cool faction I want to explore more of and flesh out as the idea of Egyptian themed Bionicle has so many possibilities and they are a great addition to my world of Bionicle Kingdoms.

As always comments and criticisms are welcome!

35 Likes

I think this is the first time I’ve seen any kind of distinctly Egyptian-styled Toa, and the way you went about incorporating that style is just astounding. The headdresses, in particular, stand out. You totally missed the chance to use this, though. cue Powerslave

2 Likes

Wow this looks cool. Egyptian style Bionicle is something I haven’t seen before, so this is a welcome change of pace.

I’d love to see more Mocs in this style if you have more coming. The weapons and armor on these toa is very interesting

1 Like

@SirKeksalot Thanks! I didn’t want to use that Khopesh and wanted to try and design my own swords and staffs so that they would have some design consistency.

@Pylonmadness I’m definitely thinking about doing all the 01 masks in headresses.

I love the Pharaoh look on the Turaga, the noble Huna is perfect. And all the Toa manage to have great color schemes while incorporating the gold, making them unique yet cohesive (and as we saw with the Uniters, that can be hard to pull off) nicely done!
My only complaint is the lack of a blue Toa.

1 Like