The Second Coming

“And so it was foretold that the shapeless, thoughtless thing, the one they call Zero, the embodiment of Dark Matter, would return, and bring with it an end to the meaningless concept of free will. It’s shape will not be familiar, but and angelic visage of its former self, perpetually weeping a single tear of blood. Yet, we mustn’t fear, for it is a benevolent saviour that will liberate us all of our own consciousness and make us whole again. For free will is the one lie that haunts us through our meaningless existence. We shall return to Zero. We shall be one with Zero. We will be Zero.”

For those of you who don’t know, this is Zero from Kirby and the Crystal Shards

19 Likes

What is it with Kirby and having really effed up final bosses. Its crazy.

Anyway, this is very well done. Fantastic.

2 Likes

Ah yes, Kirby is my favorite cosmic horror.

2 Likes

I would be lying if I said I didn’t actually classify Kirby as at least partially cosmic horror

4 Likes

I mean, if a round beast of destruction that has a separate pocket dimension for a stomach doesn’t sound like a lovecraftien nightmare, I don’t know what does.

3 Likes

Creepy and cool!
I like it. Good job!

1 Like

Having recently gone coo coo for Kirby, I only now am fully able to understand this. I now know truly how terrifying this thing is. I love it.

2 Likes

Its like if bill cipher and an angel had a baby… oh wait… i’m forgetting about the shieka eye symbol.

1 Like

Also an onion

2 Likes