The Self-Moc Mission

Okay, I should probably officially critique Round 2 since my first critique got 15 likes and I need the clout.

I mean, my opinion is valuable because I’m so eloquent and intelligent.

No wait, I mean, because… uhm…

Zero: Hot diggidy dog this is one slick boyo. What the original could only dream of doing this MOC does effortlessly. The smooth, athletic form with the articulate shoulder guns and somehow making basic CCBS look refined and delicate… Wow. Fantastic work, and definitely my favorite one here.

Renner: Not as complex as the original - in fact it’s the only instance thus far where the original is decidedly more complex than the remake, but it has the main and obvious advantage over being entirely purist (although I wince at those tubes). But the biggest complaint from me for this one is the lack of thumbs, which is just… It’s saddening, really. I said an eulogy for those thumbs.

Artillery: HAHA N01INPARTICULAR YOU AND YOUR DEFACING PIECES, IT’S PURIST NOW! IT WORKS JUST FINE! YOU AND YOUR DUMB PAINTS MUST FEEL SO STUPID RIGHT NOW
Cough Sorry, I don’t really know what came over me there. Um, the original one uses heavily custom, cut, and painted pieces of all different types, so the main and very significant advantage one this iteration has is only using one custom cloth element. Also, this one uses CCBS hands, while the original was the one lacking thumbs this time around. I would say an eulogy for those thumbs, but I was too busy saying eulogies for literally every other piece there.
Also it’s a Metru build so this could be entered as Kualus with modifications

Sonus: I have the least to say about this one. Not that it’s bad, as it’s better than some of the others, but it’s a generic build which is a heavy improvement off its predecessor, a generic build of noticeably worse quality. But the ab crunch is delicious with the Nuva armor shaping, and I couldn’t go on without mentioning it and continue to pretend I’m a MOCing expert.
…I mean, I’m definitely a MOCing expert. Yep. Uh huh. Definitely.

Jethryn: While the original is undeniably more complex, I feel your version with a slightly smaller scale does the character much more justice. Extremely simple, but compliments the color blocking much better. Unfortunately, it also utilizes a custom hood, but what must be done must be done.

Cordax: My least favorite of this round. Doing a Cordax is incredibly tricky, though, so it’s understandable that the difficulties presented were inhibiting. However if you were to give it a go-over, I would strongly recommend ditching the Vahki hip, as it makes the legs unnaturally wide for that small of a scale. However, it has one significant advantage over the original, in being it’s even smaller. One day Cordax MOCs will be the broken ends of sockets glued together with superglue and the next step from that will be piece shavings assembled on a microscopic scale to truly capture the essence of his being.

In short, good second round. Didn’t have me in it, so clearly inferior to the first, but I highly anticipate the third.

8 Likes

The original has thumbs I’m just too lazy to keep them on half the time.

1 Like

Mhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhhmhhhmhhmhmhhhmhmmmmhmmmhhmhmmhhmhmhmhhhmhmhhmhmhmhhmhmhmhmhmhhmhmhmhhmhmhhmmhmhhmhmhmhmhhmhmhmhmhmhhmmhhhhmhhhmhmhmmhmhm

3 Likes

the fact that I agree with you shows how much I have not cared for that version since I posted it

1 Like

if I’m being completely honest I didn’t even know you had a self moc

4 Likes

It’s old, but yes, I do.

This is the original version of it

8 Likes

If I might ask, how is this next batch going? It’s been a hot minute since anyone last posted here.

I’ve got 2/6 done. It’s taking quite a bit longer than usual just because I’ve had a lot going on recently, so I might just post the 2 completed ones early and then the other 4 later.

5 Likes

In my darkest hour, when I needed it most, there it was. Jimbob, my light, my saving light.

3 Likes

No worries. What you’re doing is a treat in itself. Take your time!

2 Likes

I know this isn’t Gringats Chibi topic but I want to put forward @Sharnak’s self Moc if he is okay with that. It’s a very cool and funny one!

Edit: Okay I also nominate @HORRIOR’s self Moc, this is a case where it would have to be “chibi”

click on the link, I dare you

5 Likes

ahem.

No.

also I don’t think it counts since horrior is kind of not exist but if it does I want to see it happen

2 Likes

Yeah, my suggestion s are certainly not for the 2nd or even 3rd series, just some really unique Mocs that need shout outs.

Chibi as in not anime related and a small Moc, only the size of Botar…

4 Likes

I get that
monopoly has to build it full scale or he’s a fake fan

2 Likes

Since monopoly built cordax’s MOC even smaller and chibi-er than the original, shouldn’t horrior be even bigger and more elaborate? :thinking:

5 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

No problem man. I don’t expect that many mocs to be done in such a short amount of time and its best not to rush anyways. You’ve done great so far!

5 Likes

Alright, I’m going away for a couple of weeks or so, so don’t expect much activity here.

I’ll just quickly post the two I’ve completed now, being @Barafu and @ProfSrlojohn. I’ll take better pictures once I get back, as well as a better look at the function I put on ProfSrloJohn.

15 Likes

OOO!! M’dude this is great. Thank you so much!

1 Like

You have impeccable timing X’D
MOC Spotlight Challenge: Self-MOC! - Creative Content / Lego Creations - The TTV Message Boards (ttvchannel.com)

2 Likes