The Shadow's Fate... (A choose-your-own-adventure style story)

Cause he must be a hero!!! :grin:

Oh plz do the punching! I wanna see just one epic punch knocking it to the ground as the four watch in aw! Well, not exactly like that cause your the writer :laughing:
Also you are a superb writer my man! (I would be happy to take this over if yah get to busy as I am not to bad at writing!)

1 Like

Thanks! I just wish I could get onto the page what I see in my head, it’s much more epic in here. (I’m sure you’re a good writer, but I think I’ll keep this for myself :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but if you ever make your own thing lemme know, I’d love to read it)

Also, speaking of being busy, I’ve been busy :stuck_out_tongue: I intended to have the next bit up this evening, but life got in the way. Sadly I know I won’t have time tomorrow, so I will try my best to have it up sometime Wednesday.

3 Likes

Well I must know make a story topic of my own! (Not to copy off of you of course!) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I will also be counting the seconds till Wednesday, 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. Well you get the idea :smile:

Edit: Wednsday, October, 14th

8 9 10 11 13 Wait no I messed up! :sob: lol

1 Like

Terribly sorry I haven’t posted yet, my day didn’t go at all as expected. Thankfully tho I still have another hour and a half of wednesday by my timezone :stuck_out_tongue:

I am writing as of moments after this post and I will try and be done in time. If not I will get it done and posted sometime tomorrow.

4 Likes

no pressure dude

1 Like

I would like to take a moment to thank MFS for making the stress of posting something I wrote much easier to bear. It’s not like I have an inherent fear of rejection or anything that causes a slight feeling of hungry angry dragons butterflies in my stomach every time I post. Hahaha :laughing:

CHAPTER 1: THE SLIZERS (PART 4)

Charging the Blaster heading for him, Kraazyk nimbly sidestepped and kept going straight into the path of the Blaster headed for the Slizers. Catching a foliage disk meant for Ski and taking the brunt of a blast meant for Scuba, Kraazyk used a quick burst of plasma to burn away the vines that the disk sprouted. The Blade, still in its sheath on Kraazyk’s back, again began to copy over Blaster’s powers to Kraazyk as he squared off against the brute. Dodging another couple disks and energy bursts, he payed more attention to the power set.

While considering these things Kraazyk used an unarmed fighting style that a blind old Turaga of Sonics had taught him. When he was a Toa the Turaga had developed it as a way to fight without causing as much sound. Moving silently and fluidly, Kraazyk evaded every attack the Blaster threw at him and carefully studied Blaster’s movements to find a weak spot.

This gave Kraazyk time to analyze the powers the Blade gave him from his opponent, and aside from those he’d previously noted on the original, there was also the ability to absorb energy from elemental attacks and once having absorbed enough, he could split into duplicates. Any further data on the ability would require trying it out himself and as Kraazyk bemused the idea of doing so, he noted that the four taking on the Blaster Kraazyk had left behind him were using a good deal of elemental attacks.

“Slizers!” Kraazyk called out as he drew his Blade and used it to deflect a blast, “Don’t use elemental attacks! He’ll-”

Before he had even finished what he was saying the Blaster the four were taking on split in two, and before the four could fully realize what had happened Torch was hit by a blast and sent flying into Turbo.

“Would’ve been nice to know that sooner!” Scuba cried as he rolled out of the way of an air disk.

Heaving a sigh of frustration Kraazyk switched from the fighting style the Turaga had taught him to the style favored by the Skakdi race. Running full on at his foe, Kraazyk took an air disk at point blank and just kept going. Bringing his Blade down in a wide arc he split the duplicate clean through from head to foot. Before the two halves had even fallen to the ground it sputtered and fizzed out of existence. Teleporting next to one of the remaining two he grabbed him by the blaster arm and smashed him into his fellow and sent them both sprawling.

As they got back to their feet a disk came flying from where Millenium and the Dynamo were locked in combat, Millenium clearly barely managing to hold his own. Striking one in the back, it caused him to split into two more, making it a grand total of four now facing Kraazyk. In the meantime the four had recovered. Standing together beside Kraazyk they merged in a burst of light into a single being slightly larger than an individual Blaster.

“And you guys didn’t do that sooner for what reason exactly?” Kraazyk said, somewhat peeved.

“We didn’t know brute force would be needed.” ‘Robotops’ said in reply, his voice sounding like all four Slizers speaking in unison. “How’d you know that’s what causes them to split?”

Phasing to allow several disks to fly through him, Kraazyk then shattered the ground under all four Blasters causing them all to fall into a large crevasse.

“I’ll explain later,” he said as he jumped down into the pit after them.

Increasing his own gravity as he fell he landed on top of one Blaster completely crushing him, Kraazyk then impaled another with his Blade. Leaving the blade in the wall, Kraazyk phased again allowing a foliage disk to fly through him into the Blaster behind him. Leaving the now tangled in vines Blaster for Robotops who had jumped down, Kraazyk kicked a rock into the face of the remaining Blaster. Blinded momentarily, the Blaster lived up to his name for 3 more shots before Kraazyk’s Blade found its mark.

Robotops in the meantime had the last Blaster in a headlock. With a final burst of effort, Robotops snapped Blaster’s neck. As he crumpled to the ground he fizzled out of existence same as the others.

Just then a tremor shook the ground and Millenium went flying overhead trailing smoke. Levitating up as Robotops wall jumped, Kraazyk and Robotops faced off against Dynamo. Seeing he was outnumbered - and likely outmatched - Dynamo split back into the three he was comprised of and they took off in two directions. The original Blaster headed for the city and Flare and Spark headed for the fire region.

WHAT TO DO?

Chase after Blaster?

Chase after Spark and Flare?

Regroup with the Slizers and make sure Millenium is ok?

I am truely sorry this took so long, I hope it was worth the wait :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Plus it’s still 11:19 PST so it was posted before the end of Thursday at least :laughing:

4 Likes

this one

also, forgot how OP makuta are XD

2 Likes

And this is when most everyone voted for non powered attacks :laughing:

3 Likes

Because I love there interactions so far!

Also

No problem and definitely!!!

2 Likes

/my vote

2 Likes

Make sure Millennium is OK.
He seems important.

2 Likes

He is THE MOST IMPORTANT!!! He is my favourite character if you couldn’t tell lol

1 Like

I appologize for not having an update in so long, I am having technical difficulties with my tablet not wanting to log on to the boards and I write on my tablet. I will see what I can do to fix this and hopefully there’ll be an update soon (I have learned from TTV not to give dates. Haha)

6 Likes

CHAPTER 1: THE SLIZERS (PART 5)

“Cowards,” Kraazyk growled at the fleeing Slizers as he sheathed his sword. Turning to Robotops he added, “Let them go. They want something here, they’ll be back.”

“Very well,” Robotops said, sounding equally frustrated at the situation as he split back into the Four.

“How can we just let them go!?” Torch said once he was fully himself again. “Two of those monsters on their way to MY region!”

“This tall dark one speaks truth, Torch.”

“That’s easy for you to say, Scuba, but there isn’t anyone headed strait for your region now is there?” Turbo replied. “We have no idea what havoc they could wreak.”

“You are missing something of greater import that we do not know,” Ski said, turning toward Kraazyk who had made his way over to Millenium.

“And that is something you will continue to wonder about I’m sure,” Kraazyk said, examining Millenium as he did. “Any of you a medic? He’s alive, but hurting. Badly.”

“I have some basic knowledge,” Turbo said, “but I don’t have any experience with anything this severe.”

“Basic knowledge will do.” Reaching out with his mind Kraazyk added, “I hope you don’t mind.”

“Wha-?”

“Quick read your mind.” Kraazyk said off handedly as he eased gravity from Millenium to levitate him off the jagged ground.

“Hey!” Turbo said indignantly as Scuba failed to hold back a guffaw.

“Wait.” Ski said as Kraazyk put his hand on Millenium’s head. “How do we know we can trust you?”

“We can’t,” Torch interjected before Kraazyk could reply. “We don’t know who he is, where he’s from, or what he can do.”

“He did help against Blaster. Enemy of my enemy and all that”

“That doesn’t mean we can trust him, Scuba.” Torch said.

“No,” Kraazyk sighed, “it does not. The fact that I haven’t killed you all doesn’t either. You can either accept my help or you can leave the care of your champion to Turbo with his limited battlefield medic training and experience.”

“Hey, I am my people’s champion thank you very much.” Turbo grumbled. “And my experience clearly is greater than yours. Why el-”

An agonized groan escaped the lips of the battered Millenium as he slowly regained consciousness. He winced as he attempted to sit up only for Kraazyk to gently hold him down.

“How bad is it?” Scuba said worriedly.

“Bad enough,” Turbo replied.

“Oh good.” Millenium grunted. “Ah was staerting tae think ah was going a wee bit easy on Dynamo.”

“He beat you to death less one punch.”

“What our tall shadowy friend lacks in tact he makes up for in accuracy.” Turbo said. “You’re not in good shape and I… I don’t think I’m quite qualified…”

“I think what Turbo is trying to ask is if you trust our tall dark friend to help?” Ski said.

“The Makoota? Ah think he ken- AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!”

“What’s happening!?” Turbo exclaimed. “What’d you-”

Quiet.” Kraazyk said, activating his quick healing ability on everything he could trying to cure whatever was causing the pain. Not noticing any improvement, Kraazyk tried to scan Millenium’s mind. The backlash was so sever Kraazyk fell on one knee and nearly dropped his patient. Visions, terrible vivid flashes of strange places and beings were what ailed the Slizer. Kraazyk only saw for a moment and his head was already throbbing, but on thing drove him to maintain his focus on healing. In that dreadful instant, barely a flicker of an image among a thousand others in fraction of a second, he saw Sumati bound in chains as the structure around her was burning.

The Four had, rather surprisingly, remained quiet all this time. For about five hours they set up a makeshift camp and spoke whispered conversations with each other as the sun began to set.

“Any improvement?” Turbo said, walking up to Kraazyk with some sort of pulsating atomic energy in his hands.

“He’ll live.” Kraazyk grunted. “What’s that?”

“We figured you must be using up a lot of power to heal Millenium,” Turbo replied, offering the object to Kraazyk. “So we thought this might help. It’s what Electro, the former Slizer of this region, used to use as an energy boost.”

Gently returning gravity to Millenium, Kraazyk lowered him to the ground and took the object. On contact with his hand the object emptied itself of it’s energies, rejuvenating Kraazyk a bit in the process.

“Ah,” Kraazyk said after a moment. “You have any more of these?”

“I’m afraid they’re quite rare at this point, the entirety of this region is in ruins after all.” Turbo said as the others also headed over.

“So,” Scuba asked, “what’s the plan for tomorrow?”

“Obviously we’re going to my region,” Torch replied. “Two of those nuts headed straight there. Who knows what damage they could cause!”

“To be fair,” Ski said, “the bigger guy headed into the City. There is a good deal of valuable technology there that Blaster could get his hands on.”

“You could say similar things of the Fire region’s resources.” Scuba countered.

“And heere ah was,” Millenium muttered as he sat up, “thinkin’ that ah could get a nice wee nap afore ye all started blabberin’ agin.”

“Good to see you’re intact.” Kraazyk said. “I’ll admit I’m no expert, but you should be able to transform back into your smaller self and cycle and recover the rest of the way on your own now.”

“Thank ye kindly. 'Tis greatly appreciated. Naow then,” Millenium added after he changed back into his smaller form and his cycle, “as faer what’s goin’ in the mornin’. What do you think Makoota?”

HURRAY, AN UPDATE AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!

1. Set out for the City?

2. Set out for the Fire Region?

3. Remain at the impact site?

I fixed the issue with my tablet. Yay :smiley:

Also, this is the first mostly dialogue part. If you have any C&CC on my writing here please feel free to give it. I’ll never improve without it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I vote 2

1 Like

I wanna know what those goons where looking for! The ignika perhaps? Nah!:laughing:

1 Like

I vote 1, for now. Blaster seems like the bigger threat at the moment…

1 Like

I’d set out for the City.

2 Likes

I’d say 1

1 Like

Oh hey, this exists :stuck_out_tongue: sorry I haven’t updated, been a crazy week n stuff. I have, however, plotted out in my head the majority of how the Slizer “chapter” in Kraazyk’s tale will work. In other words, outside of what you decide for Kraazyk, I have the scenario planned out. So that should help as I didn’t really have any specifics outside of the very little that is known of Slizers for other parts. Anyway, I do have the outline of what happens next part, I just need to fill it in and I’ll have it up tomorrow or Sat :slight_smile:

6 Likes