The Shadows Have RISEN!

Fair enough.

As I don’t think I’ve actually given my thoughts yet, I will do so. I don’t think they’re that bad. They’re simple, definitely, but their similarities give them a sense of unity (if you’ll forgive my play on words). They do feel like they all came from the same wave. There are also some creative weapon ideas in there.

That being said, I do think a bit more effort could go into making each on stand out on it’s own. I know you said there is a lack of pieces, so perhaps if there are updates in the future you could work on that?

Thanks for your thoughts i could possible work on that. What mocs in particular do you think need work?

All of them. Especially Ekimu, he looks like Monty from Power Rangers Ninja Steel.

bro that would take forever

I think Lewa, Pohatu, and Ekimu could use some work, definitely.

ok i will see what i can do
(if i’m breaking any rules i don’t mean to i still need to brush up on the rules i have not been on here for a long time)

You’re fine, dude. As far as I know, you’re alright on the rules side. Thanks for giving us a breather to calm down.

1 Like

Ok good.

1 Like

yea, dude, you’re fine, rules-wise.

just curious-

why not try somewhat different torso builds/functions for the okotoans?

y’know, try and differentiate them, aside from the orientation of their legs?

I liked the shadow villagers. I think that they would look better with painted protectors masks, also you could take one wing from one shadow villager and put it on the other while you take the photo,

In the Eclipsers my favorite is Gali. I think you should re create the torso of Kopaka. In Lewa I think that you should switch one elemental cristal for one of the skull armors.

In the Shadows my favorite is Grelnoc while the others have some problems with the color scheme,

But my favorite thing was the Shadow slug, but I dont know how many articulation points have.

1 Like

As a whole, armor could flow much better.

The Toa are all just a bunch of sets mashed together. I think the most creatively built is Pohatu, and he is unfortunately not one of the better ones. This suffers a lot from bringing in sets with different styles and attaching it all to one moc. Prime example is putting the skeleton chest on all of them, even though it doesn’t really fit all too well

Ekimu is very lanky, and why add the Gunmetal? It’d be better to replace it with gold or Trans blue.

The Shadow warriors also suffering from kitbashing, but some fared better than the toa. The idea of having a trans purple motif is nice, but there’s a bit too much. The Earth guy is the best, since the purple actually fits. The jungle guy is second, as it also works somewhat well, but the fire guy has too many colors, and looks quite cluttered.

Makuta is just a mod of combiner. Not much else to say about that.

The Shadow Villagers are clones, and saying they should have another wing doesn’t fix the fact it’s missing. The protectors were far more creative, even if it ultimately came down to armor orientation and weapons.

Also, the blackened edges of the picture bother me, can you try to not do that in the furture?

1 Like

Still a bit more than that. A third of the Protectors had completely unique torsos.

1 Like

I worded it badly. I was thinking about the most similar protectors, Stone and Jungle, and how the differences are just armor and weapon. But yeah, for the most part the protectors were far more diverse.

Lemme rephrase what I said earlier by being more specific.
Shadow Okotans: Actually these guys are alright, no need to change them

Tahu: He definitely reminds me of Furno XL, he seems pretty generic in color scheme and build. Maybe something a little bit more technic-like for the build would make him better, and try something new for the colors because orange and gold mixed with red is getting pretty old. If they are Eclipsers then why not add more black into them? Also the lightsabers don’t work for all of them.

Kopaka: I guess he is pretty good but there appears to be no knee joints so the lower leg half can’t go back and forth, maybe fix that?

Onua: looks like his 2015 version except it has armor. It feels way too simple and lackluster, like it needs more construction put into it. I’d expect Lego to make more complicated builds because they had said that they would do that, which they worked towards with the Uniters and tried with the Beasts/UtD but it would’ve gone more forward if they hadn’t ended up cancelling it. If these are supposed to be something Lego made then their efforts should be reflected here.

Lewa: Same thing as Onua except he looks like his 2016 form.

Pohatu: I think his armor and the colors need more work. There’s too many things trying to blend in at once. Try having Primary being brown, secondary being Blue like it already is and completely remove the silver. Also one thing that applies to them all is that their weapons are too similar and too… trying to be gimmick-y? Why not try to make them something that can be used as an actual tool similar to what the 2015 and original Toa Nuva pulled off.

Gali: The color scheme is well done, weapons are what I said before, armor is too simplistic, why not try a more jagged design or a design like the shoulder armor Pohatu has?

Karnarohk: I’m gonna be blunt, don’t take offense. His color scheme is a total mess and the Umarak mask with the Beast jaw does not work. He looks like a remake of Umarak the Destroyer. Why not try a more original design, villains don’t always have to be giant and bruiting. The original villains weren’t all like this, maybe this time around Makuta should have some generals instead of one guy giant guy carrying out his will.

Ekimu: He needs to be 100% remade, he looks like a MOC made by a little kid that you’d see on Lego.com’s galleries. He went from being all armored and godly to a stick figure. Maybe you could make a redesigned version of his Protector form and pair it with a scaled down better looking Karnarohk. Like make it his smaller form, but it has the armor of a Toa except it’s scaled to work with him. So it doesn’t look weird.

Takanak: His head looks messed up and ugly with a creature head and a beast jaw, try making a new head, and change the weapons. Everyone’s weapons in this wave are almost the same. But the warriors in general would be pretty good with just a few small edits.

Grelnoc: Change the weapons and hands, that’s pretty much it.

Sliglak: Weapons and mask.

Makuta: Yes, its a rehash of the JtO combiner. But I’d like to take a moment to remind everyone that if Bionicle hadn’t ended we would’ve gotten that as the set. Except maybe this would’ve come with the Mask of Ultimate power. Also the effect-thingies on the staff should fade from gold to trans-purple/a fiery type color.

The Shadow Slugs: We’d probably get a single mold for that, but you guys can’t really do that so it’s fine I guess.

2 Likes

No, I really don’t think we would have. Keep in mind that most people’s “witnessing” of that model involves it being extremely unstable and fragile. Something like that could never pass Lego QC.

How unstable is it? I haven’t seen anything of it except pictures

I remember TTV talking about how parts just kept falling off of it.

Even in Eljay’s review I think it fell over once or twice when he was moving it around; it can be assumed that this modified model would also have that issue.

1 Like

even though there’s a LOT of things I would change with these I still think it is a pretty good attempt at making a fan made year 3.

but if I had a favorite out of all of these I think the Shadow Okotans are my favorite.