The Spambots Are Getting Smarter

I’m sure you all are aware of those comments on Youtube… You know, the ones that are like “Click this link for free stuff” or “Get free things by clicking on this link!” Yes they are very annoying. A few days ago a comment chain was posted in the official Star Wars 7 trailer, that went something like this:

It looks like a normal conversation right? Well, the same comment chain, with the SAME profiles, was posted in the Pan trailer, with some of the words being different. Proof in video below.

Credit to @Kretta for taking the pics.

Music is “The Beast II” from the Neon Genesis Evangelion OST

So there you go. Just a warning to the unsuspecting. The spam wars have begun.

16 Likes

Considering the spam was about Star Wars, shouldn’t you say, “begun, the Spam Wars have”? :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

hey I remember seeing that chain

Getting smarter, these spambots are.

6 Likes

I’m not saying we should panic…

BUT WE SHOULD PANIC

18 Likes

I laughed way too hard at that.

skynet’s here, and they want to give you viruses.

5 Likes

Yes, in Yoda’s voice.

3 Likes

takes off glasses

my god

1 Like

I feel incredibly sorry for the poor souls who fall for this sorta stuff. I mean, a leaked version of one of the most under-wraps movies of the past decade, a year before the film is released? Come on!

5 Likes

Spambots… Smarter? I can proove that. The amount of spambot accounts created on the wiki I contribute to is amazing.

You can instantly tell that theyre spambots, but I’m not allowed to block them until they actually spam :frowning:

2 Likes

And after you do report/block them they still show up.

3 Likes

@Gyro
Where did you find that image?

I’ve seen these chains on most cinematic youtube movie trailers.

It always seemed really odd to me.
It’s a bit scary that spambots are actually getting better at simulating discussion,
what’s next?